• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Therapist: "Don't worry, Snakeclowns are not real, they can't hurt you!" Snakeclown:

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Cheat for the top spot on the leaderboard

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    How to: The Best Dark Age Start

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    This just happened to me in a ranked 2v2 game...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    Why would you do this

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    Moderate AI disrespects low elo arena clown* by deleting walls at start of game - *me

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Congrats to jon slow for an amazing event

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    At par with hc in terms of excitement and viewership, I hope your streaming career reaches to at par with others. Looking forward for the next event.

    submitted by /u/adarsh0d
    [link] [comments]

    Arabia 1v1 openings

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    On Arabia, these are the build you most commonly see in 1v1 :

    • Drush (into flush or FC)
    • Fast archers
    • Man at arms (into towers, archers or skirms)
    • Scouts

    The fastest option of them is the drush, and you often see pre-mill drush these days. I feel like going drush counters every opening and so I don't see why you would not go for that option.

    If you go scouts, even super fast at 19 or 20 pop, the drush is going to be at your base before you can defend properly with scouts and you will need to train 1 or 2 scouts to fight the drush. It gives so much time to the drusher that you can easily go FC behind this with even an okay map.

    If you go archers, even at 22-23 pop, it's so slow the drush probably made enough damage and the drusher can easily go 1 range skirm defense with a better castle time and a better boom.

    If you go man at arms, the drush will be at your base while you are going to feudal and either you :

    • Wait for your militias to upgrade into maa and the drush buys so much time.
    • Fight with your un-upgraded militias and now you are in feudal for pretty much nothing and the drusher can FC.
    • Wall your villagers, ignore the drush and go forward with your maa.

    Either way, it's not optimal and you kinda wish you went drush fc yourself instead of maa.

    Am i getting something wrong or is the drush the single best option for Arabia with no real counter?

    submitted by /u/SamuelGauvreau
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone looking for a training partner?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    I'm around 1050 elo. Can't play ranked due to laptop even though my games never lag. Hit me up if you want to do some 1v1s

    submitted by /u/PohFahVoh
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Noob Cup III - Announcement!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Send forth the flaming piggies!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    AOE2 Teutons vs History

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Typing GG to AI

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    I was playing a 3v3 regicide against three AI's and one of my teammates was being wiped out by them while I held and slowly started to push another AI. My teammate typed GG as a joke and the AI I was slightly pushing resigned. He did this again later and another AI resigned. Are they programmed to resign if you type GG?

    submitted by /u/mcddaly
    [link] [comments]

    The best civ for Black forest in low elo

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    I like goth spam in post imp. What do you like pick in bf 3v3 4v4

    submitted by /u/e4r5t6yian
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody wants to see a pro game with all visible option?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Some matches are played with explored like black forest but I kinda want to see a game with full visibility. It would be interesting to see how players react to it. I guess there would be no element of surprise and it will be a very micro oriented game with players going for similar strats.

    I know this sounds boring but I think it would be interesting to see players reacting to this.

    submitted by /u/17vicky37
    [link] [comments]

    Villagers more efficient in DE?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    Hey reddit,

    so over the past months I have been mainly still playing HD (runs snappier, looks cleaner), but in the past few days I've started delving into DE more.

    I noticed something really weird in my Dark Ages in DE: I simply seem to have more resources! A build that would have felt super tight on HD is easily doable in DE. My Vils just seem to get more resources! Its not much, but definitely noticeable: I have to force-drop less, can click up sooner, etc..

    It's not because of bumping, inefficiencies, etc: I was pretty good at microing my vils in Dark Age in HD (ctrl-grouping food vils, "passing the sheep", cutting behind the lumber camp, minimizing walking time, ...).

    Did anyone notice something similar?

    Did the gather rates change?

    Did the pathing on villagers improve?

    submitted by /u/Holenz
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else in Australia want to make a team for the Noob Tournament?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Sixty elite longbowmen walk into a bar

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    There is no counter

    submitted by /u/asenhae1234567
    [link] [comments]

    Build orders for new players who want to get better

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    Hello, I've played aoe2 like 10 years back, casually with friends. Now I've picked it up again and I'm trying to get better at it. I've heard a lot about pick a build order and learn it.

    But there are so many things online, that I don't know which one. Can someone pick one for me and show me how it's done?

    Also, I pick byzantines civ every time, because I always played that and loved spamming cataphracts, camels and the canon bomber siege guy. Is this a good strat or should I pick a different civ or army comp?

    submitted by /u/Silencer306
    [link] [comments]

    JonSlow's Clown Cup 3: Serious Edition Final / Post-Match Discussion

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    JonSlow's Clown Cup 3: Serious Edition Final

    Organisers stream

    Brackets

    Every match is played on Arena


    TheViper 3-4 Secret TaToH

    Draft link


    MATCH 1:

    TheViper BUR vs SLA Secret TaToH

    Winner: Secret TaToH in 00:45:45


    MATCH 2:

    TheViper AZT vs CUM Secret TaToH

    Winner: Secret TaToH in 01:03:02


    MATCH 3:

    TheViper VIK vs BYZ Secret TaToH

    Winner: Secret TaToH in 00:46:34


    MATCH 4:

    TheViper MAY vs ETH Secret TaToH

    Winner: TheViper in 00:42:07


    MATCH 5:

    TheViper ITA vs AZT Secret TaToH

    Winner: TheViper in 00:49:33


    MATCH 6:

    TheViper SLA vs SPA Secret TaToH

    Winner: TheViper in 00:49:00


    MATCH 7:

    TheViper CUM vs TUR Secret TaToH

    Winner: Secret TaToH in 00:56:14


    submitted by /u/D0machine
    [link] [comments]

    Took a break for just a few days and now I suck

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    I'm sure I'm not the only person this has happened to. I was solidly ~1350 ELO for a while and felt like I could still improve significantly, took a break for a few days to play another game, and now I'm on an epic losing streak and down well over 100 ELO with no sign of recovery.

    Everything is bad. My decision making is bad. My macro is bad. My micro is really bad. My game sense is bad. My build orders crumble under the slightest pressure. I'm throwing games that should be over. I'm not having fun.

    Can anyone who's gone through something like this provide any tips? Obviously I'm just too "in my head" about it, but it's been continuing over several days now and it feels like it's only getting worse. This isn't my first time playing a competitive RTS, but it's definitely my first time tanking this god-damn hard. I'm considering just quitting altogether.

    The straw that broke the camels back for me, and precipitated this post, is that there was this one player I used to meet on the ladder fairly frequently that's really really toxic, just a complete asshole (blocked now, of course), and one of the things I used to tell myself to feel better about it was that his attitude is shit, there's no way he's going to improve, so I'll leave him behind. And that's exactly what happened! But I've fallen so far down now that I met him again, and even though I had an absolutely staggering lead (without exaggeration, I had triple his population at one point) I choked and he beat me. Fuck me.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/UmiNotsuki
    [link] [comments]

    A friend of mine sent me this gem

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Mongol Raiders Challenge not receiving the reward for 20k

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Mongol Raiders Challenge not receiving the reward for 20k

    As the title says, I'm really pissed off with the game right now, first was those lag spikes and now this. Yeah, I acknowledge it's a stupid reason to be angry, but nevertheless.
    Notes:
    -I won more than once with score higher than 20,000
    -I tried both sign in and out of the xbox account several times
    -I completed all the other previous challenges (and it's been more than 3 days that I completed the challenge destroy Siege Onager with a Mangudai, the last one)
    -I Tried one more time right before posting this, even achieving a new highscore, but still nothing
    -As you can see the challenge in question doesn't have the lock symbol

    Could someone help me? Am I in the wrong here? Doing it wrong?

    https://preview.redd.it/n7js7bjr2fd51.png?width=1251&format=png&auto=webp&s=d0fe82724ad0fd2ffed68c71b1802d38ff8a0c83

    https://preview.redd.it/nudthht23fd51.png?width=647&format=png&auto=webp&s=65192a0df2fd0a85a4e66dd7a6784ae80fc19c1c

    submitted by /u/PolymerSpoon
    [link] [comments]

    Feudal Paradise (AOE2 Parody)! Post your AOE2 parodies!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    As I walk through black forest
    Where I hunt for my boar,
    I look around for my wife
    And realize my opponents score...

    Well thats just shitty for a villie like me;
    Cavalry, infantry - he's even got siege!

    At 430 in the mornin'
    I'm pluckin' bush.
    Tryna chop a tree
    but I'm gettin' a rush.

    I been hoe-in' and plowin'
    And sowin' so long;
    Even Ezekiel missed
    The incoming cannonball...

    BOOM!

    We been spending most our lives,
    Livin' in a feudal paradise...
    Faced castles once or twice,
    Livin' in a feudal paradise...
    Bought stone for double price,
    Livin' in a feudal paradise...
    Its hard work and sacrifice,
    Livin' in a feudal paradise...

    Rogan 🎵 11...

    submitted by /u/pnutbuttersmellytime
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment