• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    Age of Empires II Please Welcome our New Mods!

    Age of Empires II Please Welcome our New Mods!


    Please Welcome our New Mods!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    We have the pleasure of adding 2 new moderators to the subreddit, so without further ado, please welcome:

    /u/aureliusofrome_AoE was personally chosen for his massively positive impact on the community (seriously check his profile) and experience modding for streamers. Even if he does fanboy me a bit which is weird 11.

    /u/greg_stream has created countless tools, guides, and more for the community over the years. Another person who can help support and bring our community forwards!

    As the community continues to grow we have eyes on adding maybe 1 or 2 more in the near future. So don't be disheartened if we didn't choose you this time!

    Thanks for all the applications and mostly for being a part of this community for our wonderful game.

    See you at 100k subscribers!

    submitted by /u/Pete26196
    [link] [comments]

    When I ask my tryhard friends what civs they will pick

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Proud Moment: Beat the Hard AI without creating any military units

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Liereyy joins Tempo Storm

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    AoE2 vs AoE 3

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Change the challenges timer.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Not everybody has the same amount of time to play this game, it's ridiculous to have a timed event that is managed so poorly.

    Once you complete a challenge you "unlock" the next one in 24 hours, but the event is schedule to end in 1 day and 16 hours from this post submission. So it's not even possible to complete all of them if you haven't already, the event may as well be over for the other players.

    Just let the challenges unlock themselves every 24 hours.. it's not that hard to see obvious flaws in game design come on.

    Also fix the crappy profanity filter, telling my team to make docks was just censored out entirely. CENSOR THE WORD NOT THE SENTENCE, IT'S REALLY NOT THAT HARD LOL. iterate through the string gdi

    submitted by /u/SnazR
    [link] [comments]

    DE Mod Question

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:57 AM PDT

    Just started playing the Joan of Arc campaign on DE and noticed the voice acting has been updated. It's good but I preferred the Classical one and was wondering whether anyone had made a mod to change it back.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/_HelicalTwist_
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with all-in 3 stable knights on arabia ?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    Assuming that you get to castle age at about the same time, and that neither player took a lead in feudal. I can't figure out how a non-cav civ can match the power of knights in castle age. What is the correct reaction if I scout immediatly the all-in knight push coming?

    submitted by /u/Gtf16
    [link] [comments]

    New to AOE2 competitive.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm fairly new to AOE competitive. It's a game I played lots as a child but never properly. I come from SC2, where I am a masters protoss (not a flex, just a indicator of where I am with RTS games).

    Question I have is, what learning resources are out there that are essential to understanding the game?

    More specifically when you hit castle age. When I hit Castle age, I build extra TC's, and crank out workers. Which is probably due to SC...

    But due to this I always feel like I get to the imperial age later than everyone else. I'm not sure when I should stop building villagers and advance. If i do it too late I've got trebs smashing into my castles.

    Any advice would be lovely. Cheers

    submitted by /u/KWillyarms
    [link] [comments]

    Want to see a casual player play against Extreme AI? Check out my video!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Is AoE1 worth it?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I remember getting a demo of AoE2 back in 99. Played that like crazy, bought the game, played that like crazy. Fast forward to 2013 and I bought the HD remake and played that like crazy. Then, last year I bought DE and have been playing that like crazy. It's clearly my favorite. I have also played a lot of AoM and AoE3, and yes, I plan to get the DE of 3 when it drops.

    But I've never really played the first AoE. Is it worth it to get it now? Just looking for opinions.

    submitted by /u/PMMeYourCatPicz
    [link] [comments]

    Mongolia. 4vs4 amateur tournament. New caster :) hope you guys enjoy it. Leave acomment thanks.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Why does Viper do the 2nd farming upgrade before wheelbarrow?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Wheelbarrow affects all resources. Farming upgrade affects only wood and doesn't pay off immediately since it just makes farms live longer. It seems to me wheelbarrow should have higher priority than farming upgrade?

    submitted by /u/cantFindValidNam
    [link] [comments]

    List of untrainable units

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    I was making a scenario with untrainable units. But I don't know how many are there. Can anyone make a list for me. ^

    submitted by /u/Royal-Noble-96
    [link] [comments]

    3 closed map (Arena, Fortress, Hideout) likely included in next map pool

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    I personally fan of closed (Arena style) map. But 3 of 7 maps are closed map are somewhat drastic. I am not sure how it works (Nile delta is already included in the map pool and players should open at least one of closed map to ban it).

    submitted by /u/kkm6960
    [link] [comments]

    Mechanics of the pro's

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    This is a post to discuss things that pro's do, focusing more on mechanics than on game sense, micro or meta.

    I'm hoping to land at an intermediate level, so a level above things like using hotkeys or gather points.

    Watching pro streams you can quickly identify differences in their set up. Here are some that i've noticed for example:

    *They have top speed on scroll for the mouse *They use selected drag clicks to select military or villagers by holding some button? *Alt clicking on a TC focuses all units on it without attacking allowing for quicker destruction

    Any others? I see that viper seems to quickly go to his scout when it is selected to control group 1. When I do this i have to double tap number 1. It doesn't look like he does this? What does he do!

    Any other bits and bobs concerning settings?

    submitted by /u/kiersakov
    [link] [comments]

    Free Training

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    I have been playing Age of empires 2 for over 20 years and while I am no where near pro level, (around 2.5k on team games) I want to give back to the community that has treated me so well.

    I see a lot of posts on here of people asking for help so I am putting myself out there, If you have questions, want some tips on your gameplay or watch some recs then hit us up and when I have free time we can catch up

    submitted by /u/tagproplayer
    [link] [comments]

    2 v 2 competitive

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Hi all, hoping someone could help? Is there any 2 v 2 competitive leagues or tournaments ever run on discord?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Mattmatt5161
    [link] [comments]

    Sucking at AoE2

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Hey been playing Aoe2 for a few months now and I'm kind of stuck i don't know how to improve wondering if there were some resources online or something to help me out.

    I have over 450 games but my elo hovers around 950-1000. I think by now i have the basics; build orders, tc production, unit counters etc. But I feel my decision making is lacking. I often get to the point where I have decisive advantage over my opponent but end up losing momentum making poor choices etc.

    I was wondering if there was anything that could help out in that regard. Thanks in advance :)

    EDIT: First i would like to thank everyone for the great advice and suggestions, Ive noticed aoe has a very friendly community and it shows :). There was a lot of great advice out there, and hopefully this can help other players that might be in a situation similar to mine.

    submitted by /u/hotalmond
    [link] [comments]

    How to hide your elo in lobby ?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, Question in title : when I am playing a custom map online, I'd like to hide my elo. Is there a way around it ?

    submitted by /u/lellis999
    [link] [comments]

    We are making a RTS survival game inspired by AoE2 and we need your help!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Hey AoE2 fans,

    we are a team of game developer students at Breda University working on a RTS survival game, currently in the concepting phase. We have AoE2, They Are Billions and Stronghold as one of our main reference games and inspiration.

    Our idea is to set it in the 13th century, during a specific and underrated conflict that happened back then (can you guess which one?). We also would like your help in order to get some insight on your experience with the genre.

    Your contribution is going to help us shape our project by understanding better your personality (related to the RTS genre), needs & motivations. The survey takes about 3~5 minutes to complete.

    Link to the Survey

    It is completely anonymous, but there's an option at the end to leave us your e-mail, in case you want to stay up to date with the development until the final Steam release.

    Thanks a lot in advance, we will greatly appreciate any feedback and I'll try to answer any question you have.

    Best regards,

    Knutto (UI/UX Designer)

    submitted by /u/Knutto
    [link] [comments]

    Adventures of a Villager in Sims 3. See the last image.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Adventures of a Villager in Sims 3. See the last image.

    We can observe the villager gathering food from a berry bush, chasing a deer, carrying wood, fishing, and of course putting out a fire.

    https://preview.redd.it/vxm65zb03xq51.jpg?width=1360&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=93cc0d36aa54e872fdbb801a38b8ed217da1389d

    submitted by /u/AlguienNo
    [link] [comments]

    How to play as huns?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I always play random civs, and I've been enjoying this game a lot. But I've found that I'm completely getting shrekt much more often than any other civ whenever I play as the Huns.

    My most recent game, I was facing a Byzantine player, and I got so tilted by the end that I ended up using trebs to take out his Cataphracts...

    From what I understand, you have to prevent the game from going Imp, because the Hunnic Tech Tree in Imp is basically Castle Age units with the exception of the Stable.

    The only time I seem to do well with Huns is if the opponent has forward resources and I can go FULL YOLO Tower Rush. However, in cases where this is not possible, what do I do? Do I just palisade up and go knights and mangonels one TC push?

    submitted by /u/ThrowableHotPotato
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment