• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 6, 2020

    Age of Empires II r/aoe2 Starter Pack

    Age of Empires II r/aoe2 Starter Pack


    r/aoe2 Starter Pack

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Who needs micro?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    AOE2 HD Problems in Editing Mod

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    Is there a way to deal with unpause abuse? Can the other player always unpause me?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    If i need to pause for a short time coz of any reason, the other player can just unpause immediately. This can easily be abused by toxic players. Im not saying infinite pause should be possible, just like a 30-60 seconds of "unpause guard" or something.

    Is there any way to leave the screen for 10 seconds without being at the mercy of my opponents?

    Today i played someone, had a phone call from my dad mid game, i paused for a second and typed "sec, phone". 2 seconds later the other player unpauses and starts applying pressure, coz obviously i cant deal with that while on the phone. I pause again, he immediately unpauses again, repeat 3 times, until i was like "screw this" and just concentrated on my phone call.

    Now this guy was obviously a toxic player, he also kept dissing in the chat once he got the advantage, but i just want a way to deal with these kind of people. I cant always ignore the world in 60 min games.

    Also, is this behavior worth to report or is unpause abuse + spamming 8(all hail king of the losers) considered a legit behavior?

    submitted by /u/BubblyMango
    [link] [comments]

    If there's a optional Unique Technology for every civ what would it be like?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    By Optional Unique Technology means that a Tech that gives a positive and a negative after being researched.

    this technology type will not be instantly researched in a Post-Imperial Settings to keep players who don't like it but likes the Post-Imp Deathmatch.

    Here are some of my Examples, a better names are needed for some:

    -Britons (Royal Yeoman)

    Positive: Longbowman fires 15% Faster

    Negative: Longbowmen Accuracy reduced by 10%(80% to 70% for Elite, 70% to 60% for non-elite)

    Longbowmen were famed for their fast firing, but while it's not accurate at a very long range, a small unit of longbowmen could make a Area Damage with their missed shots.

    -Celts (Lowland Warriors)

    Positive: Spear Line unit have +1 Range

    Negative: Spear Line unit loses 2/2 Armor(a fully upgraded Celtic Halberdier will only have 1/2 Armor)

    The Scottish were famed for using Pikes, but it became their downfall at the battle of Falkirk as their Schiltrons were shot down by the English Longbows.

    -Teutons (Teutonic Orders)

    Positive: Teutons Knight and Scout lines +3 Melee Armor

    Negative: Teutons Knight and Scout Lines -10% speed(Paladin speed will be 1.2 instead of 1.35, and Scout Cavalry Speed will be 1.43 instead of 1.55[this is because of +0.35 speed in feudal isn't counted as the base 1.2 speed]

    While this makes Teuton Paladins more tanky, the real winner is the Teutonic Scout Cavalry for this tech, as they will have 8 Melee Armor(3 from blacksmith, 2 civ bonus from imperial age, and another 3 from this tech).

    -Japanese (Bushido)

    Positive: Strengthen the Samurai unit by providing +10 HP and +3 Attack(90 HP and 15 Attack)

    Negative: Castles works 15% Slower(castles with conscription will work only 18% faster)

    This can make Japanese Samurai a highly improved version of Champions, but at the cost of slower training for Japanese Trebuchets and Samurai at the Castle.

    submitted by /u/Ashina999
    [link] [comments]

    Best civ for a beginner?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Hi everybody, I wanted to know what are the best civ for a beginner and what are its main goals/strategies.

    submitted by /u/VinZuh
    [link] [comments]

    After almost 6 months of closure, the beautiful Mayan Wonder is now open once again. (Also one of the new seven world wonders)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    My proudest moment of about 350 total games played in DE (scout blocks luring villie)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Scenario Editor: Is it possible to start in "Late Castle Age" with all castle age researches completed?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    Hi all, I would like to start a scenario in castle age with all castle age researches already completed. Is there a simple way to do it?

    I could create triggers for every possible technology with Force: OFF. That would do the trick but seems tedious. Ideally there would be an additional option: "Late Castle Age" besides "Castle Age", "Imperial Age" and Post-Imperial Age".

    submitted by /u/AgeArena
    [link] [comments]

    hiymf my favorite streamer is on but I also want to play ranked games

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Viper civ draft against BacT (spoilers)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Viper went for a rather interesting civ draft against BacT, opting for Tatars and Portuguese which are typically considered weak civs.

    Was this just sort of a flex, or does Viper see upside in these civs that others don't?

    submitted by /u/elvish_visionary
    [link] [comments]

    When you spring your trap on His conquistadors.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    As Italian I cleaned up one enemy with a castle rush at 12 o'clock. But my 3 allies Britons, Ethiopian and Teutons were already being chased around by a snowball of conquistadors. So I had to send all my Genoese Xbow men to 6 o'clock to stop him:

    https://youtu.be/-vuXDY0qSzA

    It was so effective that his 50 conquistadors decided to come to 12 to attack my front. Well, I can't move my xbow as fast as his mounted cannoneers. But I prepared a surprise for him:

    After some dancing and flirting:

    https://youtu.be/hF1G_T6IlWM

    He finally committed, and I ungarrisoned my 6 onager on him :P

    https://youtu.be/wYuGJF_gjcc

    and he quit.

    Not the best love story in the world I guess....

    submitted by /u/dllsk
    [link] [comments]

    Civilization Ranking

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I have seen a few YouTube video's (for example the one from Hera) on this and articles on websites.

    Is there any place where I could find an "updated" tier list/ranking of the civs?

    submitted by /u/Hairy-Maintenance569
    [link] [comments]

    How do you sling/send resources?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Yololo! Many times when I play with friends they lack resources for several different things. Especially one of them. I would like to be able to send resources to help him get back on his feet but don't know how. Thanks up front.

    submitted by /u/Lethal_Demise
    [link] [comments]

    AI micro and Unit target priority

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Having a hard time enjoying myself playing with mates against the AI. I find most of the time I'm wrestling with controlling with my army to attack the right thing, vs hardest and above AI I find infantry simply not viable as the AI can perfectly micro each unit (especially archers). My troops have a habit of eventually fixating on trade carts with futility as they can't catch up. Micro in this game is like herding cats.

    I think what snapped me tonight was watching my bombard cannons kill 3 of my pallys as they were chasing a villager. For some reason I expected siege units to attack all the buildings right next to the villager but no, away they go.

    I come from a starcraft background where I unit control is snappy and intuitive, I love macroing in this game but the micro side is driving me up the wall.

    Is there anyway to force siege units to prioritize buildings and regular infantry/cavalry prioritize enemy attacking units? I'm hoping there's a stance or button I've missed...

    submitted by /u/Gwuc
    [link] [comments]

    Crikey Cup Low Elo Legends Bracket Tonight, and Open division on Friday night AEST, $100 prizes per bracket

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Hey, time for my semi-regular reminder that I run a tournament twice a week in an Australia-friendly timezone!

    It's the Crikey Cup, with AUD$200 is prizes, in two divisions, every week!

    It's 1v1, best of one, hidden civ, maps chosen semi-randomly, single elimination bracket for a bit of funsies!

    On Tuesdays at 7pm AEST it's the Low Elo Legend division, which is currently <1300 elo cutoff. Low Elo Legend brackets are Megarandom only!

    On Fridays at 7pm AEST it's the Open Division, with no elo cutoff.

    Last weeks winner and runner up are joined by four new players for a shot at $100 prizes per division! There are prizes for first, second, and third!

    If you want to join the mailing list, please sign up here.

    In order to participate, all you need to do is be in discord at 7pm sharp, in the voice channel "Waiting for Matches" in the Crikey Cup section. It doesn't matter if you have a microphone, just be there so that I know you want to play! Preference is given to newcomers!

    All matches are streamed on my twitch channel by me!

    Hope to see you there!

    submitted by /u/DasGuntLord01
    [link] [comments]

    What is Hera's first language and does he produce any content in it? (And others)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Been watching quite a bit of hera recently and it seems every big aoe2 player streams in English (obviously the biggest audience), apart from Tatoh (I'm sure there are more). But do Hera, MBL, The Viper, DauT etc make any content in their first language? I only watch the English and Spanish language streams so I'm just asking out of curiosity but if I were Norwegian/Serbian I'd love some native content from the pros in my country.

    submitted by /u/Black_Forrest_Gump
    [link] [comments]

    Amazing rec search from Siege Engineers

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    I just want to give a shoutout and thanks to Siege Engineers for this great resource that allows us to search for recorded games based on a wide number of filters: https://aoe2recs.com/search. I keep hearing advice to watch "pro" games, and this really gives us the opportunity to focus in on aspects of the game we want to see.

    For example, I am having trouble/interested in improving playing with Khmer, and it was super easy to find recs for Khmer, Arabia, DE, current patch, 1v1 Random, greater than 2000 elo.

    Also, sometimes I want to watch something other than Arabia, and I found a bunch of Golden Swamp recordings, for example.

    Thank you so much for this resource!

    submitted by /u/mortimer5
    [link] [comments]

    Barbarian AI on DE ?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    I really miss the Barbarian AI by TheMax with the level it had in AOC / WK with UserPatch. This AI was legendary. I know there is a DE mod to run Barbarian, but it's just not good enough. It is mostly better than the DE AI, but somewhat less consistent and its best level on Hard (does not understand Hardest or Extreme) is really nothing comparable to the old Barbarian. Also, it does not play with or against any of the new civs.

    I've read a few months ago that TheMax was supposedly working on a port of Barbarian to DE, but that getting it to the same level as WK might be impossible as some scripting commands transferred to DE from UP were still bugged. Anyone knows the status on this ?

    Any idea on how to reach TheMax and show our support and love for Barbie ?

    submitted by /u/SimbowTheGreat
    [link] [comments]

    Make a boomer/support ai?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    Hi

    Something i would like to See implemented is a boomer/support AI.

    The AI should boom with only vills/fishing ships/trade, research techs, and then most importantly send resources to either: - Everyone on the team - people on the team, with the same color, if such a thing exist (so you can make it send to a specific Player)

    It Should send resources during the game, and not only when "fully boomed".

    This would be nice for multiplayer games, especially if someone plays with a friend who might not be as good as you. Could also give people the opportunity to only play the military aspects of the game, if they like to.

    The AI should only protect with defensive structures. It will be important to protect the AI from raiding, but some sort of defense would be okay - it should just be restricted to buildings only.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/QWERTYAndreas
    [link] [comments]

    Mongols or Berebers for multiplayer games?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Wololo I love Calvary civs and can't decide which one of these two civs is best for multiplayer. What do you guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/Lethal_Demise
    [link] [comments]

    I either make 100 villagers and produce nonstop and destroy those I play or forget about them by the time I get to 40 and get dominated with ease. There is no inbetween �� no wonder I'm in a constant flux, staying at 700-800 ELO ��

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment