• Breaking News

    Monday, November 2, 2020

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why horizontal gates are better than diagonal gates in diagonal walls. Both are functional, but the diagonal one can be hit by roughly twice as many attackers at once. I'm well aware how ugly the ones on the right are.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 01:23 AM PST

    Age of Minecraft Definitive Middle Eastern Castle

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    It was fun painting this.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 06:01 AM PST

    From solo queuing team games this morning...

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 04:34 AM PST

    Just found this at a Goodwill. I'm ready for battle!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 07:40 AM PST

    How good is Burmese?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 05:46 AM PST

    Hello there, I was reading article about Burmese civ and this civ was names as '' glass cannon" but even tough this civ is not in top10 picks, who is really loving this civ and why is that? Pros, cons of it please, I love the fact that it has fully upgradable chempions and strongest building smasher unit, also full monks with ability to see relics, so much u can do but why people don't pick this civ or its my unexperienced opinion? Do we have here hard core Burmese fans?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Steinbergs
    [link] [comments]

    Found this gem of a video.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:53 PM PST

    Loosely based version of the Watchtower (made in the alpha of Lego building game Brickadia)

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 07:33 AM PST

    [Suggestion] Make it so this icon shows owned Trade Workshops instead of Villagers in Battle Royale

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:21 AM PST

    How can a new player grasp the post 20min PVP

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 01:28 AM PST

    Hello Guys and Gals

    I faintly remember playing stronghold and AoE when I was a kiddo on my dads PC, but then got sucked into fps and rpg games, to never touch RTS titles again.

    I've played lots of League of Legends in the past years, but that is more of a Hero based RTS, if you can even call it a strategy game.

    Now, a few days ago I've downloaded AoE 2 DE, and had an absolute blast playing against the AI! Naturally the itch for PvP established itself, leading me to the multiplayer, and boy oh boy did I get curbstomped.

    What I noticed though is, up until the 15, 20 minute mark, I'm able to keep up in points to the other players, but once they start sending batches of cavalry, I loose oversight and have no Idea what to do.

    I tried looking for noobfriendly guides, and I can somewhat grasp what to do, but when it comes to the PvP action ingame, I have no Idea what to do next, which strategy to follow.

    Do I match their offensive small skirmishing groups ? Do I go into turtle mode (I like the thought of having a strong defensive fortress) or should I start building a proper army with unit variety ?

    What I'm looking for is basically a noob friendly PvP guide, which explains the different playstyles and it's pro's and con's.

    Do you guys maybe have an Idea where I could read that up ?

    Also, I'm from central europe and maybe didn't explain certain things well (not english native), so if something is unclear just ask, I'll try to explain to the best of my ability.

    Thanks in advance !

    submitted by /u/TrnnyHunter
    [link] [comments]

    Growl of a Jaguar - Inktober Days 30-31

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:19 PM PST

    Suggestion for some aoe 2 content

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 05:58 AM PST

    first post in my entire life so no cyber bullying pls. why hasnt anyone casted a series of the best AI difficulty vs the entire AOE2 campaigns. i cbs setting that up. surely we get some fancy smart boi to do it. cos i think thatll be entertaining to watch. itll be interesting to see which senarios the bots are able to complete. smileyface

    submitted by /u/SpicyGook69
    [link] [comments]

    Did villagers somehow get dumber in the last couple days?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 11:13 AM PST

    Obviously, if there weren't stupid villagers there wouldn't be any villagers at all, but I swear that in the last couple days it's gotten even worse. They'll finish one sheep under the TC and walk six tiles to get a new one instead of killing the one right beside them. They'll go finish one gold pile and walk to an entirely different cluster instead of taking the one where they are. They just get high and then kind of wander off. They're back to the bumping loop where two of them just dance for a while. I know that there was a server maintenance recently, and we can't have any of those without undoing prior fixes, but like I said, I just started noticing these things in the last 2-3 days.

    submitted by /u/mcrabb23
    [link] [comments]

    KotD3 Recap! | OrnluAOE

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 12:22 AM PST

    at what elo doe the skill level stabilise?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:51 PM PST

    so i am around 1200 elo and the games are super often unbalanced. you have alot of one trick ponys and the rest seem a super hit or miss. so alot of times its getting crsuhed by a micro god who has a great bo or you feel like you play with your little brother who doesnt even know how to play dark age.

    first i thought it was me but i think at this elo the level is just so unbalanced for some reason. at which elo does it level out more?

    submitted by /u/Yourpersonalpilot
    [link] [comments]

    How does armor affect the Battle Elephant trample damage?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:26 PM PST

    I've been trying to figure out how armor affects the BE trample damage but there isn't much information other than that BE trample damage is 25% of the attack value.

    In my testing however, Teutonic Knights are the only unit that takes 1 damage from Vietnamese BE trample, and even Boyars with 9 armor take 2 trample damage. Targets with 0 armor take 4 trample damage (which is 25%). Armor isn't reducing the trample damage by the amount I'm expecting.

    While typing this post I figured that maybe armor is also calculated at 25% strength vs trample, so every 4 armor reduces (BE) trample damage by 1.

    EDIT: it seems like its calculated in a different order.

    submitted by /u/JSTM2
    [link] [comments]

    The viewer count for this matchup at this moment was just too good to be true.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:56 PM PST

    What does noob even mean on aoe2?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 04:47 PM PST

    Why does noob hold no meaning with this game. People who've been playing for years will call themselves noobs. I wish the ranked games were more prevalent.

    submitted by /u/A_K_Butts
    [link] [comments]

    Bayinaung campaign first mission, Everyone has been playing it wrong!!!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 07:44 AM PST

    So this mission start with you playing as the Burmese, in Feudal age, with 3 heroes and a small force of elephants and arambais. Your enemy, yellow has a base next to you with a castle and occasionally attack you with chukonu and knight. to the south are the red's base and your objective is to kill their king as fast as possible. And then you have to capture a monument inside blue base. I've played this dozens of time in the last few year, it was frustrating. I've looked for video of other people, They all think it's frustrating.

    I've tried to destroy Yellow a few time, thinking it's the intended way to play, but it's tough, they seemingly have infinite chukonu,a castle right next to your base. by the time I succeeded I'd ran out of resources, and there is a huge portion of the map still unexplored. Some Youtube videos have tried this as well, some cheese their way through by running a scout through yellow base and hire the Portuguese. and use that to destroy them. But still, it's very tough base.

    Today I watch the intro again and it hit me. The narrator said "our lands are under attack by the Shan" "Our wall cannot stop them so we attack south". It suddenly click in my brain: You're supposed to attack Red to the south, leave yellow alone, then go circle around Blue to the other side, where you meet the Portuguese. Red base is big but stretted very thin and much easier to siege. So I just quickly kill the king, wall up the base and build a castle to block Yellow and head south. And oh my god it's so easy!!

    Wtf Why the hint section didn't say anything about it at all??

    submitted by /u/CeReAl_KiLleR128
    [link] [comments]

    T90's makes a new "Legend" video on a toxic player

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 05:05 AM PST

    Link to video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Ic4KC-9BI&t=2466s

    I hope this post doesn't violate the blacklisting policy on this sub, but I'm not the one that made this guy's behavior public knowledge, that was T90. I found the vid very entertaining but I dislike how T90 didn't condemn You Got Douche's conduct. In the third game Douche says "gg" before his opponent when he felt he had won. He was almost certainly going to win but that's besides the point. T90 claimed that that sort of remark would prove "divisive," but is it really? I think saying gg when you're dominating your opponent is arrogant and rude as fuck. It's toxic behavior that isn't normal in the AoE2DE community, and if it were I'd stop playing. I don't have a problem at all with Douche's strategy--I think it's brilliant and hilarious. But antagonizing your opponent with taunts like that is true douchery.

    submitted by /u/Zircillius
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment