• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 3, 2020

    Age of Empires II When you keep making villagers while you're attacking

    Age of Empires II When you keep making villagers while you're attacking


    When you keep making villagers while you're attacking

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 02:32 AM PST

    My teacher today had aoe2 opend in the back in online class, I guess I have new favorite teacher now

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 03:01 PM PST

    Why do I fall for this, why do I never make pikemen?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:24 AM PST

    After years of devotion I finally became one with the lord today

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 02:50 PM PST

    And I thought I was fully walled...

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 12:59 PM PST

    The game winning move to make the opponents concede

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 02:46 PM PST

    MbL and Hearttt arguing over boars

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 07:22 AM PST

    AM (Aftermath) Team Games in a nutshell

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 07:01 AM PST

    Braveheart Battle scene with Age of Empires sound effects

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 04:19 PM PST

    Age of walls mod

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 04:46 AM PST

    A question for any mod developers, is it technically possible to make a mod that highlights tiles that are between two buildings and next to a slope?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TactX22
    [link] [comments]

    Goths are limited wooden walls

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 03:43 PM PST

    Steppe Lancers need a buff change my mind

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Best civ for land nomad?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:29 AM PST

    I'm curious what others consider to be the best civs for land nomad. I'm sure Vietnamese and Mongols would probably be S tier civs. But the water bonus civs and the ability for immediate fishing ship as Persian and Malian don't apply here. Even though they may still be strong on this map for other reasons.

    submitted by /u/sadmonkaoc
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about editing

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:48 AM PST

    I wanted to edit a bit of the game campaigns (definitive edition) is it possible? If so, how can I do that? Is possible to edit the units? Health, damage, armor, etc? How can I do that?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/GarmasWord
    [link] [comments]

    New player

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:44 AM PST

    Hi I'm looking at getting the DE. I've never played any AOE before but I have played red alert 2 all my childhood and I play Starcraft 2. Will I get my ass kicked over and over again? I am diamond in Starcraft? Is the population feasible to find games??

    What's the main difference between AOE and SC2?

    submitted by /u/jurasxic
    [link] [comments]

    Burmese Campaign Level "The Old Tiger"

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:34 AM PST

    Hello,

    Never thought I'd make a Reddit account but I had to get this off my chest. The things we do in rage.

    At request of a friend I bought the HD addition of AOE2 (Not DE) from Steam and after enjoying most of the game eventually bought the DLC up to Rajas. For the record I'm no stranger to RTS games, was playing them all the way back in the mid 90s.

    Been steadily playing through all of the campaigns on moderate/normal difficulty and although I've had times where I've been pretty salty due to some very "interesting" design choices at some points (And some actual bugs that broke some levels), I'm finally almost at the end.

    I've beaten every mission before this including some generally regarded as difficulty by the playerbase so I have decent understanding of the game but I've hit a brickwall.

    I'm at the final Burmese scenario "The Old Tiger" and for the life of me I cannot play more than 20 minutes without ripping my hair out from what just seems to be an incredibly frustrating level.

    TLDR for below: Enemies with ridiculous production output and almost infinite resources (Used to it by now but it's still bad), annoying map geometry forcing bottlenecks everywhere, monks with 12 range which thanks to the said map geometry, makes killing them extremely difficult without them getting a conversion on already limited units. High population limit vs 2 enemies that will mindlessly spam and rallypoint units to you.

    I've tried numerous strategies, which I will explain:

    1 - Rushing the monk hero to the temples pretty fast (As recommended by the mission briefing, to not let the enemies build up) but as soon as I complete this step and gain control of the base...

    I get piled on and 19 enemy docks (Yes literally 19) just spam galleons and fireships non-stop, I run out of wood while trying to queue my 5 docks just to make ships to defend and I lose. I wanted to try cannon the coast from the sea but it seems like a lost cause since yellow has quite a presence inland, out of reach of cannon galleys. This is all without taking into account defending the right side base against trebuchets etc. Maybe I should just forget the sea and focus only on the right side base?

    2 - Destroying (Portugese) purple completely and destroying the entire northern Yellow base and managing to bring all the transports from the west island base to unload on purple, then trying to rush the monk hero to the temples.

    This results in what seems to be endless waves of yellow troops being spawned (Seem to be created more aggressively than if using method 1) what seems like every 30 seconds, with units being created non-stop and unit configurations with no weaknesses, the layout/cramped/urban warfare layout of some areas makes it incredibly annoying with the AI microing single ranged units and outranging/leading my units on wild chases, by the time I get to even the second temple my units have lost critical mass/composition.

    The yellow monks with 12 range are also very cool, I like having no chance to avoid a conversion because of the thin paths everywhere and the only units capable of intercepting them being the ones I need to protect from them. (Dart Throwers, Cavalry)

    Any of you guys have ideas on how to beat this without cheating/cheese/exploiting? I could probably just brainlessly spam a combination of cavaliers and heavy horse archers with backing trebuchets but it seems a little disappointing if there's no way to use more strategy to win. My favourite part of this game is the unit counter mechanics and it seems to go out the window on these 10iq spam fests.

    I have to admit that after getting this far, the campaigns though at some parts enjoyable, are ruined by scenarios like this and as a result have really hurt my impression of the game as a whole, I always play through the campaign first (And enjoy it) before going anywhere near multiplayer.

    Some of these campaign maps I really believe are designed so badly, as someone coming from Broodwar, it's so weird to me to see maps like this getting the greenlight, these would have never made the cut with oldschool Blizzard, it feels more frustrating than fun, and Broodwar has some very difficult maps. I even had some levels become unplayable/unwinnable from actual bugs, something alien to me coming from other RTS games.

    Units constantly spawned by enemies with infinite resources I can understand being a novelty and sometimes appropriate, but it seems the further through the campaigns you go the more and more this appears, I understand it's an old game, but could there not be a better alternative that doesn't just feel frustrating? Map Specific AI? Smart use of trigger? Is there no playtesting?

    I've created maps for RTS games before and have had to jump through all sorts of hoops with out of the box use of triggers etc. to make things work that were never intended, so I'm sure these guys are capable.

    I'll probably feel like an idiot in the morning from posting this, but there's a bad taste in my mouth that's getting more and more bitter as I think about this level and some others.

    For the record I like the game a lot, for me it's one of those things you hear about for a long time and you somehow manage to miss and when you finally get to experience it you're weighing it against a lot of hype.

    submitted by /u/YesImMad11
    [link] [comments]

    Looking vor a viking campaign on DE ?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Crikey Cup: new brackets, new times, come join!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 04:45 PM PST

    Hey all!

    I'm just here to remind you all that the Crikey Cup still exists! We've been going for a couple of months now, and have been going from strength to strength, seeing appearences from Nili, BacT and ACCM!

    Starting this week, the Crikey Cup will have three brackets instead of two:

    Low Elo Legends: Mondays 7PM AEST, <=1200 Elo, $50 prize pool

    Mid Elo Masters: Wednesdays 7pm AEST, <=1600 Elo, $50 prize pool

    High Elo Heroes: Fridays 7pm AEST, No Elo Cutoff, $100 prize pool + third place match

    This should allow more people to have more competitive opportunities.

    Format:

    Four to six new players will match up agaist last weeks winner and runner-up for a chance at the prize pool. All matches are best of one for multiple upsets.

    Low Elo Legends always play on megarandom (unless we decide otherwise on the night). The Mid-Elo and High-Elo brackets use a rotating map pool, and maps are semi-randomly chosen on the night.

    Laming and douching is allowed.

    Want to Participate?

    All you need to do is be in the official ANZ discord, in the voice channel "waiting for matches" at 7pm SHARP! We always prioritise newcomers, so don't hesitate to come along! You do not need to be Aussie or Kiwi to participate!

    Want to watch?

    All matches (almost) are broadcast on my twitch channel!

    Want occasional emails?

    You can sign up here to join a mailing list that I occasionally email news to!

    submitted by /u/DasGuntLord01
    [link] [comments]

    Just an attempt at explaining tower rush defense

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 07:52 AM PST

    Tower Rush with ... Spanish!!?!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 06:58 PM PST

    How viable is tower rush with Spanish? I just played a couple games (badly) using this build order and my opponents just resigned for what seemed like no reason as the third or fourth tower was going up. This is at the ~1000 ELO level.

    https://aoecompanion.com/build-guides/men-at-arms-towers

    submitted by /u/anotheravailableAoK
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite map reveal?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 12:30 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment