• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 3, 2020

    Age of Empires II Merry Christmas!

    Age of Empires II Merry Christmas!


    Merry Christmas!

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 04:23 AM PST

    Janissaries should get their hats back

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:47 AM PST

    For anyone who doesn't know, Janissaries typically wore similar iconic hats as a symbol of their loyalism. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/17/20/ea/1720ea281a7ba7f6b0a7345691c06834.jpg
    AoE2 was originally meant to feature them in these, but they removed them for a ridiculous reason of the testers thinking that the models resembled Ku Klux Klan members.

    Models with the hats still exist in the game even in DE, meaning they could be just easily swapped. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ageofempires/images/f/f0/Royal_janissary_aoe2de.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/256?cb=20200410083533

    Any questionable argument the devs/testers once might had with the resemblances are completely irrelevant now anyway with the high quality DE models clearly being indistinguishable.

    I know many people don't like changes, but I think this was something anyone could get quickly used to, would look better ingame, more historically accurate, more in line with the game's original vision, and less disrespectful as the only reason the current ingame model exists is a ridiculous comparison to such a notorious organization.

    submitted by /u/N0DLER
    [link] [comments]

    Troy (2004) but its with Age of Empires sound effects

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:13 AM PST

    Scout vs scout, it matters.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:16 AM PST

    You can say that I am somewhat of an expert in this game.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 09:42 AM PST

    All sources of infinite resources?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:10 AM PST

    Each game, resources tend to be finite. Trees don't regrow, neither do gold or stone mines or animals to hunt, so the maps have certain limits to the amount of resources you can obtain during a game. But let's say it was an eternal game, and all the finite resources have already run out. What would you say are the few sources of theoretically infinite resources? I have a few in mind:

    1) Relics

    2) Trade

    3) Market (Assuming you can buy resources through relic gold)

    4) Malay Fish Traps

    5) Feitoria

    6) Keshik Attacks

    Did I miss any?

    submitted by /u/VantablackViper
    [link] [comments]

    Berbers Unique Techs

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:30 AM PST

    Hey Guys,

    I enjoyed playing Berbers a lot lately, as I'm kind of a degenerate knight spammer. It's just so easy and satisfying to do 11

    Now I think I never actually researched one of their UTs! Mainly I play Berbers in two ways:
    1. spam knights and kill all as I said, works perfectly on my level (1050 1v1)
    2. go camel archers + camels/other auxiliary unit. (either as plan from the start or as a transition from knights)

    My question now would be if you could give me a little insight of when its correct/good it to research their UTs? Are they even worth it if you are not in a Post-Imp scenario with virtual infinite resources? They both seem very underwhelming on paper, even if they serve very different purposes.

    Thanks, we love this game :)

    submitted by /u/biob1234
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to show this amazing pathing in AOE2:DE (Sorry for the quality)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:22 AM PST

    How much time do you play per week and do you play single or multiplayer

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:51 AM PST

    I'm interested how much time everyone here plays aoe in the average week, and whether that's skirmish mode, campaign, multiplayer ranked or unranked?

    Personally, I play maybe 3-5 hours per week, so not a lot lately. I've dabbed in ranked, but not being able to spend as much time I always feel rusty and settle for a more relaxing game or two vs the AI. I recently did some campaigns too.

    What's your game time per week and what mode do you play? Optionally post your ELO :)

    submitted by /u/irishlemon
    [link] [comments]

    How to watch the replays of my friends?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:54 AM PST

    God like mangonel shot (in my opinion ;))

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:03 PM PST

    A little vid I made inspired by my helpful teammates :D I'm sure many will relate :D

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 01:52 AM PST

    I mean, they would make AOE IV before Age of Mythology DE

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:29 AM PST

    What is the current best 4v4 arena civ combo?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:06 AM PST

    I liked the earlier question and answers to the similar question about Arabia by someone else.

    submitted by /u/sadmonkaoc
    [link] [comments]

    (AOE II: DE) How to disallow object ownership in the editor?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:02 AM PST

    I have a question. I made a map, consisting of walls that have no ownership (Gaia). The issue is that if a player aproaches a wall, it automatically assigns that wall to the player. How do I disallow that?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/RichardK1234
    [link] [comments]

    Mods: Where are The Last Khans UU Flairs??

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:56 AM PST

    Just give me my Keshik flair please!!! =D

    submitted by /u/NargWielki
    [link] [comments]

    Call it what you want to call it I’m a f*cking farmaholic

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:12 AM PST

    Colin Furze - Building a MASSIVE Trebuchet

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:25 AM PST

    How to build the Castle's bane

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:22 AM PST

    (Fixed) lady mongols said the hard truth

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:49 AM PST

    why isn't there a thriving custom scenario section in this game similar to what Warcraft or Starcraft had?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:56 PM PST

    All the tools are there. Is it due to a low player base?

    EDIT: Seeing a lot of WC3 mentions, but I actually meant WC2. Starcraft had a huge custom scenario lobby though. I remember more custom scenario rooms than actual normal rooms. There was a whole bunch of them and they even had their own lobby. I certainly think aoe2 DE is at least on starcraft's level

    submitted by /u/The_Gender_Blender
    [link] [comments]

    "State of the Civilizations" Tier List

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:26 AM PST

    How OP would a bonus that gives you two scouts be?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:00 AM PST

    To prevent an instant mini-scout rush, the second scout could have no attack, like a king

    submitted by /u/ForgingIron
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment