• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 flamethrower buff?

    Age of Empires 3 flamethrower buff?


    flamethrower buff?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:43 PM PST

    Is the flamethrower getting a buff any time soon? They could at least give it some "set on fire" damage over time like the Inca poison arrows. I think it's a cool unique unit but rather memey than viable.

    submitted by /u/ExaltedSlothKing
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't people play as Iro?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:36 PM PST

    I've faced Iro about 10 times out of 600 games, definitely the least of all the civs. It's considered one of the op civs so you'd think it would be one of the most used. Otto seems to be considered op as well and it's perhaps the civ I face the most. I play TAD.

    submitted by /u/cosmia2
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Russia vs. Japan?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:48 PM PST

    I've been playing Russia a bit and I'm really struggling to beat Japan. I usually start at musk/cossack, hunt down the shrines, and add some strelets until I have a big enough mass of units to push into base, but it hasn't really worked too well for me. Am I doing anything wrong/do you have any tips for this matchup?

    submitted by /u/Twisted-String
    [link] [comments]

    Talking about walls...

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:16 AM PST

    In warchief/TAD there were people crying for aztec walls + firepit combo, now town ceremony doesnt affect walls but extensive fort. do while incas have 3 or 4 cards to them, being one of them a team card. This is the fact that i dont understand, what was the problem with aztecs while they needed pple on firepit?? Now incas, portugal, china have good walls but they dont have to have 20 vills dancing, i mean aztec walls were strong but your units trained slowly, it was a double edge sword.

    submitted by /u/dalvi5
    [link] [comments]

    Best unit compositions

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:22 PM PST

    I'm wondering what you guys think are some of the best army compositions and for what civ.

    I've been maining Ports for a while and really love Horse Artillery + Goons. When things get going, it's an absolute beast of a combo that can really turn the tide of a game.

    On that note, what civs do you think have the best synergy for team games?

    submitted by /u/pudgy_pudge
    [link] [comments]

    Dutch vs Haudensonuee | 1v1 Ranked [ELO: 1030]

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:21 AM PST

    Critique my treaty 20 min strategy as China

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:47 PM PST

    Hello, looking for tips on how to improve my treaty strat as I am a noob.

    Age 1: I start by collecting my food crate and getting villagers in queue right away. I also send 1 vil out to start herding. After I get vills in queue I put all my vills on food until I can have enough food to have 4-5 vills in queue, around then I put almost all my vills on wood (herding towards tree before if needed) until I have enough for my second village, when second village is building, I send villager card and then everyone back on food. If I do this correctly I don't have any idle tc time but I do believe I'm delaying my age 2 a bit. I age with passive army production building.

    Age 2: My goal in age 2 is to get to age 3 ASAP to get 3 TC down. I get food and gold upgrade in market and get wood eventually but not right away. Most people go on food, and a few on gold and a few on wood. I also start sending all new vills to gold. I ship 700 gold then 700 wood when I can. Which usually give me enough for age 3, the 700 wood goes towards the TCs. I age with tower factory.

    Age 3: As soon as I hit age 3 I build the 2 TCs ASAP and start pumping out villagers. I ship acupuncture ASAP. I also ship farming and coin upgrades next. This is also the point where the herds are running out so I have to switch over to rice paddies and upgrade food and gold production 2-3 times. This is where I struggle the most because if I constantly produce vills then it takes me awhile to get enough food for age 4. So I usually will stop or slow vill production after a few mins so I can get age 4 upgrades in time for treaty end. I age with the flying crow production building if I'm playing team or the 20 vill building if I am solo(I do this cause I like having 120 vills in team, I also rarely play solo)

    After this I'm kinda all over the place. I always get age 4 before treaty end but A lot of times I don't get my full age 4 upgrades. At first I invest everything into upgrading the musketeer and swordsman including shipping the improvement cards. I use this army for 90% of the game usually splitting the unit types up to use them more tactically. I upgrade the cav when I can /if I need to(my team will usually produce better cav). If it's slow early I will try to get age V leaving me spare rescources incase they rush then. My usual role in my team is to be a general pushing army that takes a lot of the fire while my teammates flank there back line or push there base from different angles. Also I should mention that after the treaty ends we rarely push right away, even if we have a much better score. Are main objective is to secure our side of the map with hella walls and forward barracks and then once we have a beefy base we start pushing. These are the games we tend to win. The games we tend to lose are the ones where we are rushed early.

    As u can prob tell I'm a pretty big noob so any advice about China or my strat is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Tonto115
    [link] [comments]

    BOMBARD BRAWL Challange Official Scenario Age of Empires 3 Definitive Ed...

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:04 AM PST

    Graphics blurry since last update?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:13 AM PST

    I always olay the game at max settings and SSA to 100%. Since the last patch, i've noticed that units look blurry, specially when they move and even more noticing in the campaign cutscenes. The game looks really awful, but I don't know if anyone else has this problem.

    submitted by /u/CusoBT
    [link] [comments]

    Ao Dai?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:36 AM PST

    Ao Dai?

    https://preview.redd.it/yx4esilmlnf61.jpg?width=1140&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=739d2c420f2cc53568c20366da53670304396a61

    Why Ao Dai appearing at the Chinese New Year event? Did they mistake China dress or cheongsam as Ao Dai?

    submitted by /u/Civalian
    [link] [comments]

    How do I quickseach for a game ?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:18 AM PST

    title sums it up ...

    any help would be much appreciated, not sure if my UI is bugged ...

    submitted by /u/Delicious-Lead-2771
    [link] [comments]

    Useless unique artillery?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:20 PM PST

    Anyone one else noticed how almost all unique artillery units are underperforming or straight up dogshit? The only good or decent unique artillery I can think of are Abus guns and light cannons and light cannons are only age IV so meh. Leathercannons are situationally useful in late second age but it's so niche. I have literally never seen a pro player use any unique artillery other than the Abus gun in a serious match.

    submitted by /u/ExaltedSlothKing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment