• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Age of Empires II *chuckles* I'm in danger

    Age of Empires II *chuckles* I'm in danger


    *chuckles* I'm in danger

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:58 AM PST

    This annoys me sometimes

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:53 PM PST

    This map gen has written FAIR PLAY all over it

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:03 PM PST

    Inspired by the other post - AOE players are pretty fun to chat with :)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:30 AM PST

    Before we have another post on the Vietname team bonus not affecting Turks, here's a tier list to keep in mind

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:22 AM PST

    Nili_AoE high stakes gambler? ^^

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:54 AM PST

    The aoe2 community is so friendly 11

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:40 AM PST

    The Mangonel Bug and How to Avoid It!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:03 AM PST

    [Request] AMA from Devs

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:11 AM PST

    With the release of new DLC, widespread bugs, and mixed reception of new Civs, I think we need more direct interaction from the Devs. I know there has been updates from Devs in various different channels, but I feel that we as a community need bit more that just updates and one-sided conversations.

    submitted by /u/power0fdreams
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition has the nicest community in the history of communities, maybe ever

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:32 PM PST

    Random teamgame tips?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:41 AM PST

    What have you learnt by playing random team games?

    I'm talking about these circumstances where you are 1v2 or 1v3 while your allies are booming to imperial for mass scouts and defensive siege rams.

    These are my cents (I'm 1200 1v1 elo and 2k tg elo, I hate arena and bf so I very rarely play on these maps):

    • Mobility is the key. Playing cavalry civ is better for a bigger impact in the mid-late game. It's easier to save an ally in trouble and raid as the game goes on.

    • Raid is extremely effective.

    • Feudal archer rush is a better pick to snipe one enemy if you are flank. Usually people I face can handle a scout rush better (or simply I'm not good enough at it) since they usually wall their base. Later on with an archer civ is easier to build a deathball but you might find yourself alone after your allies have been destroyed while you were trying to chase the enemy.

    • I've found fast castle into knights rather weak because once you have 4 knights your flank might be @ - 10 vills and the others idle in the tc.

    • In mixed maps such as baltic I prefer to strike in feudal with some fire galleys until I am overwhelmed by 2-3 players and keep pretending to commit on water so I can hit on land.

    Please share some awesome insights 😎

    submitted by /u/Dangerous-Education3
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not able to see the names and description of the campaigns in the DLC. Does anybody know how to fix this ?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:25 AM PST

    Vikings - 15 Minute Fast Castle into Longboats - Build Order

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:20 PM PST

    Vikings - 15 Minute Fast Castle into Longboats - Build Order

    A Fast Castle Longboats Build Order for the Vikings, going Castle at 15 min into Longboats. Kick-starting the game straight into Longboats with a great economy to back it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXdPYWuniE

    https://preview.redd.it/w73dhpgp7tf61.jpg?width=1283&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=335719e1e7935a6f6b58d446dda3e4a7568d0282

    submitted by /u/DruzhinaAoE
    [link] [comments]

    Persian

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:31 AM PST

    Hi, I want to play as the Persian but I dont really find fitting build orders. Do u guys got something or is a knight rush build viable?

    submitted by /u/tostbroto
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas for fun scenarios / maps / datamods to play with friends after a long evening of PvP ?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:47 AM PST

    Hey all,

    My friends and I have been enjoying DE since it came out. The 6 of us play team games every Friday (4 at a time) and get to play about 3-5 games each.

    Recently, I had the idea of ending the night with something fun so that a) It's easier to play when you're tired and b) It's something fun and different.

    Last week and this week, we played 5 vs 3 Hardest AI on Amazon tunnel, random civs and turbo random, Empire wars with Regicide.

    But looking for something more different. Next week I'm planning to suggest random costs mod to everyone (not sure if it works with AI or needs to be PvP). Forest nothing is too long.

    Any other such scenarios / maps / mods that y'all could suggest?

    submitted by /u/CyCoCyCo
    [link] [comments]

    Disguised Wololo!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:37 AM PST

    Khmer scorpions - what to pair with?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:58 AM PST

    Scorpions aren't enough - what should i add to my big scorpion army? I thought about hussar bc they don't use food and gold, but long-range units are still a problem. what should i add?

    Edit: or should i rather use the very expensive ballista?

    submitted by /u/bestPlayer_xu
    [link] [comments]

    The Wolf and the Lion - Question

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:59 AM PST

    How do you control the villagers? The hint says there is a converting torch in the center of the village, but there are none. I have made it to all 8 villages, with troops in all at the same time and nothing. I've used my priests and tried John the Fearless... nada. Any help?

    submitted by /u/ewahman
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer anxiety

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:29 AM PST

    I play online multiplayer games regularly. Mostly FPS games like CSGO, Battlefield and Rainbow 6 Siege. However I cannot, absolutely cannot get myself to play online because I'm afraid I'll A) waste someone else's time by not playing well in a 1v1, or B) be a bad teammate. I've actually retreated into my shell and only play with my friends now and have completely abandoned online pvp. Am I alone on this? Any suggestions to bridge the gap? I'm able to beat extreme AI, sometimes if I'm lucky I can beat two of them.

    submitted by /u/KimJongDerp1992
    [link] [comments]

    Extreme AI 2v2 strategies

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:01 AM PST

    Hey all - So I have been really enjoying playing vs the AI (I know I know, I should just play ranked already. I will at some point). I can convincingly beat the extreme AI 1v1 with a variety of strategies, but if we play 2v2 I can only win by archer rushing it, sometimes throwing skirms in there. It seems to understand that he has an ally and if he takes a lot of damage his ally will come help it. Or it will recover from different kinds of early pressures on its own and steam roll me late game.

    Any advice? What do you do to beat the extreme AI late game if early pressure doesn't pay off? Am I just too slow with the early pressure?

    edit: Another issue I've had is even if I am able to do tons of damage and I am about to finish my opponent off, if my ally is losing on their end I'll end up losing to my opponent's teammate in the late game once we end up fighting with each other.

    submitted by /u/district87
    [link] [comments]

    New map gen for arena? I've never seen all three mines spawn forward

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:24 PM PST

    This may not be too original, but what's you favorite kind of civilization, or civilization itself?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:32 PM PST

    I'm new by here in the subreddit.

    Personally, I prefer cavalry civilizations, like Mongols, Magyars or Berbers.

    submitted by /u/Migol-16
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment