• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    Age of Empires II Win using words, not swords amirite

    Age of Empires II Win using words, not swords amirite


    Win using words, not swords amirite

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:30 PM PST

    Well, I guess he doesn't need them anymore

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:52 AM PST

    AI decided it was castle building time.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:03 AM PST

    Reconstruction of medieval Tbilisi

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:20 PM PST

    Small Efficiency Tips

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:59 AM PST

    I watched a replay of one of my team games, and the other team had a guy rated 400 points higher than me in 1v1s (he was 1800 I'm 1400). One of that things that struck me was that we both went straight archers build and got up around the same time, but he had about 200 resources more than me.

    So this thread is about small efficiency tips you can do to make your early game go a bit smoother. I'll start off with a couple I use but it would be good to get some tips other people have come across or developed, however small or seemingly obvious

    • When gathering sheep under the TC, put the next sheep on top of the carcass of the old one, and shift-task your villagers to the next one. They'll instantly shift to the new one without any idle time.
    • When sending villagers to berries, put 2 at each side of the mill. Shift click 2 of the villagers on one side to specify the next 2 berries bushes they will gather from. You can then do the same with the 2 villagers at the other side. This way they won't loop around the mill or all gather at one side when the first bush runs out.
    • You can do a similar trick when gathering deer to make sure they collect the deer one at a time
    submitted by /u/user74269
    [link] [comments]

    BUG: Vills fight Start-Scout in Feudal

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:43 AM PST

    Just read it somewhere and noticed it in my games as well, but haven't found any bug report.

    Since the last patch the attack of the Start-Scount changes to 5 in Feudal (instead of 3+2). Unfortunately this somehow confuses Vills and they fight back in Feudal when attacked, but only for this special Scout.

    It's super annoying, especially as there is no way to identify the Start-Scout during a Scout-Rush (is there?). Anyone who experienced the same? Is this a bug? Are Devs aware of it?

    submitted by /u/Queequeg18511
    [link] [comments]

    Found this ancient guide, a bit outdated but honestly holds up pretty well

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:40 PM PST

    What's the name of this mod?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:10 AM PST

    Best strat against nomad first crusade

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:41 AM PST

    I played against Sicilians on nomad.

    His strat was basically: FC into 5 TC's and a castle + first crusade.

    I was playing very aggressively in feudal but I couldn't come near his TC.

    How would you stop this strat? Say with a generic civ.

    submitted by /u/TactX22
    [link] [comments]

    Sustainability is an important concept for AoE2 and RTS games in general - I made a 6 minute video explaining it as clearly as possible in hopes of making it easier for newer players

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 12:30 AM PST

    Not A Timeline You See Every Day (Ranked 800 ELO)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:09 PM PST

    Hit 1400 for the first time! Carried by Hera and T90 11

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:38 PM PST

    Teutons in AOC vs HD vs DE

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:25 AM PST

    Which version of the game are the Teutons best in?

    submitted by /u/ihonestlyjustwonder
    [link] [comments]

    Which has better AI, definitive edition or 2013?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:16 AM PST

    Just wondering really, I'm curious since i want to try one or the other, but want a better AI if i go on harder difficulties. I also mean better without cheating.

    submitted by /u/throwmyaccountaway99
    [link] [comments]

    Civ bonuses and techs

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:55 AM PST

    Hello, I would like to ask if there is a way of unlocking all techs for civs while also retaining their bonuses?

    submitted by /u/OffensiveCucumber
    [link] [comments]

    How it went for me and my friends trying competitive 4v4 for the first time...

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:07 PM PST

    Hybrid maps teamgame strategies

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 01:43 AM PST

    With Baltic in the current rotation I wanted to discuss some strategies for hybrid maps in 4v4.

    I think the meta for those maps is not set in stone like for instance on ara or arena. I've seen all players commit to water in feudal/early castle. I've seen only pocket or only flank going on water with military (I guess it's common understanding that all players should dock and fish on water maps).

    I honestly had a lot of fun and wanted to know what your experiences and strategies are. :)

    submitted by /u/mosith
    [link] [comments]

    Out of Sync, game crashes when I try to restore

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:17 AM PST

    This happens every time I play a multiplayer game and someone resigns. And when I try to restore the game, it crashes...

    submitted by /u/Jurrilicious
    [link] [comments]

    Recruiting New Players for Mainly BF Turbo 3v3 and 4v4

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:14 AM PST

    Looking for Experienced Players and new comers to play with Fast Settings and Turbo. We mostly skip to castle age and boom up. Mostly focus on eco and rushing. Most be able to play often we don't require you being on 24/7 that would be a joke. Just join and see if you like it or not. We also play other games too. https://discord.gg/Gv3z4Dv8df

    submitted by /u/TheGreatHuskies
    [link] [comments]

    Blocking quitters is pointless...

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:36 PM PST

    So apparently blocking quitters is completely pointless. Just had a teammate resign minute 1 without a reason so obviously the team is pissed and we all block. I go back, find a new game, I am matched with the same exact player on my team again. Apparently, it just muted my own teammate so now I cannot even communicate with my own teammate. What good is blocking? Stopping my own teammate from communicating with me isn't productive.

    submitted by /u/8auto
    [link] [comments]

    Countering straight archers

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:04 PM PST

    Hey y'all, this may seem like a pretty noob question but i just wanted to know, how do you counter full walls straight archers? I usually go m@a into archers, but i find that strat works against most except for straight archers, as the opponent always seems to have archers faster that i do, and I'm unable to create havoc in time. Especially against a civ like Ethiopians, i cant go for archers myself to match theirs because in most cases they will always win a head to head fight. Skirms, I've noticed absolutely tarnishes your economy and they usually go up to castle age faster than me, if i go for skirms. Any tips would be appreciated (am at 1350 elo currently)

    submitted by /u/laveshnk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment