• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 Lunar New Year event challenge Day 2

    Age of Empires 3 Lunar New Year event challenge Day 2


    Lunar New Year event challenge Day 2

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:03 PM PST

    Lunar New Year event challenge Day 2

    Hi all! I am confused by Day 2 challenge which states "Get 50 artillery kills as the Chinese". Does that means I need to kill 50 enemy's artilleries? Or do I need to kill 50 enemies using Chinese artilleries? Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks!

    https://preview.redd.it/cpxlgt8ymdf61.png?width=2357&format=png&auto=webp&s=e4f9ae4a0bd2839aaf397e0b083e1c979943b8de

    submitted by /u/OrderofOctave
    [link] [comments]

    Cuirassiers are freaking OP, if you could send 26 of them to the enemy base by the 15th min, that would be GG already.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:01 AM PST

    Interesting Discussion on Longbows

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:05 PM PST

    For context, start at 33 minutes, if you just want the lbow discussion start at 33:50 ish. The match itself is also interesting.

    The basic point raised is that longbows are extremely overrated, can't kite and get mashed in melee... which they will be caught in, because they can't kite... leading to the conclusion that Yeomen needs a buff. I mean, the card is identical to what it used to be except it now no longer grants the upgrades.

    Look, I'm not very good but I don't even bother putting Yeomen in my Brit decks any more. Not even in the lulzy house/cowing one I sometimes use in AI team games (which, I kid you not, has team fast building houses). In fact, I'd go as far to say that they're a unit that's really useful only in a giant mass... which, of course, is especially vulnerable to a cav/artillery combo because you can't defend that with skirm/goon since you can only really do the goon part properly and you can't defend with musk since they're killed by the artillery too.

    I get the idea of having a unit where the whole point is range and where being unable to properly kite is a design feature, but there are several reasons why longbows become obsolete historically and this is replicated in the game without their historical replacements. The implicit big pitched battle concept the design drives Brits into becoming is really weird since this entire period was dominated by British naval power and a puny land force.

    I guess it seems a little irrelevant since no-one really considers Brits to have balance issues (cf Aztecs, Swedes or China) but... they should do something about this. Maybe, say, un-nerf Improved Grenades and thereby lead players to use a switch to a different unit that can't kite, gets melted by melee and which was clearly part of the original design intention, but which can melt buildings and in that way rewards the "giant mass" civ design.

    submitted by /u/FrameworkisDigimon
    [link] [comments]

    Lakota and Japan in team games

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 04:00 PM PST

    Guys just want some opinion do you think Lakota + Japan is a good combo in team games especially towards late game?

    submitted by /u/LJC94512
    [link] [comments]

    Not getting updates (Xbox Game Pass)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:48 AM PST

    I've installed AOE3: DE on my windows desktop. I installed via Xbox Game Pass.

    When updates come out, neither the Xbox app or Windows Store detect there is an update. I have to uninstall and reinstall the game each time to force an update.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/mcmelonhead
    [link] [comments]

    100 Tercio Pikeman vs 29 Sipahi (Equal Resources) Age of Empires III Def...

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:30 AM PST

    100 Manchu vs 82 Black Rider (Equal Resources) Age of Empires III Defini...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:54 AM PST

    Best mercenary strategy

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:44 AM PST

    I've played aoe3 for a while now, and still suck lol. I'm only good at rushing, or with Dutch, defend myself until I hit late game with the mercenary contractor in age 3 and 5, plus the dance hall card, and make a mercenary army (even better with the Li'l Bombard card). The only problem is that, the only real buff the Dutch gets is the mercenary contractor politician, and they are only good with them because of the ton of gold they make. And when I see the stats of the swedish mercenaries, I always ask myself if I shouldn't play them. I used to main sweden when they where top tier, but never using mercs, only caroleans.

    Are they (sweden) actually good with mercs? I mean, their mercs are good, but can they sustain this strategy? Or do they need to have lots of regular units with them to not run out of gold? And are Dutch really good? Because I found this strategy good, but I am not a really good player so...

    Please take not that I play in relatively low elo (approximatively 900), so I don't necessarily need to adapt to really good players's strategies.

    Please take not that english is not my native language, so you would maybe have trouble understanding me.

    submitted by /u/Rexio_2_
    [link] [comments]

    100 Musketeer vs 30 Gendarme (Equal Resources) Age of Empires III Defini...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 06:41 AM PST

    Russian build orders?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:34 AM PST

    Anyone have a good Russian build order, any play style? I know they're low tier right now but they're still my favorite and I don't feel like learning a new civ meta.

    submitted by /u/Dhb223
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment