• Breaking News

    Monday, February 22, 2021

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 04:00 AM PST

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Boar delivery for pocket

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:23 PM PST

    Give Italians Siege Engineers

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 02:43 AM PST

    Italians had a rebalancing in the latest patch that reduced their bonus on dock technologies from 50% discount to 33% discount and got a new discount for university techs, a 33% discount as well.

    Now this was clearly a rebalancing to nerf them on water and buff them on land, which is absolutely the right move to make, as they're the undisupted #1 civ on water and lackluster on (open) land maps.

    However, the university tech discount is pretty weak. In a normal Arabia game you're probably getting ballistics, masonry, chemistry and maybe Architechture. That's 264 rescources saved in Castle age and 330 in Imperial. That's honestly pretty whack.

    The 100 wood you save on ballistics is kinda nice if you're going for Xbows with fast ballistics, but other than that the bonus is completly meh.

    Add to the fact that they have a bonus for gunpowder, yet have weak BBC without Siege Engineers it seems entirely clear for me that they need Siege Engineers (and with that a full university) to improve them further on open maps both in 1on1 and in Teamgames.

    Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

    submitted by /u/malefiz123
    [link] [comments]

    Poor Huns

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:26 AM PST

    Berbers unique units are my favorite. So i made a wallpaper pack with non-upgraded and Post-Imp versions of the (Elite) Genitour and the (Elite) Camel Archer in action - garnished stats!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 05:53 AM PST

    Some hate it! I enjoy it 11 <3

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 07:07 AM PST

    Can I force the Extreme AI to drush?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 02:38 AM PST

    The title is already the question. I really like that the Extreme AI is able to drush nowadays. While it doesn't execute it perfectly, it's still very good practice for me. However, I don't understand the circumstances under which the AI decides to initiate that drush. Can I somehow influence this?

    I would even be willing to set up something in the scenario editor (a place I haven't visited for about 20 years now), if this helps.

    submitted by /u/adquen
    [link] [comments]

    Hussars are ready

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 09:22 AM PST

    Match tracking app (link in comment)

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 07:43 AM PST

    My Dad is nearly 70 and has recently taken up AOE. Me and my brother started too, so we can play him at the weekend, he’s taken to trolling my bro

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 01:13 PM PST

    Is there a good guide for the nomad gamemode? Specifically african clearing?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 08:33 AM PST

    I dont hate the concept of nomad, but i really dont like the random start and not having a scout. i generally preform really poorly on this map, and i really dont want to prefer it and get it over arabia. Are there good guides that can at least get my strategy better for this mode?

    submitted by /u/MrDyl4n
    [link] [comments]

    [HC4 Spoilers] What a post-post-imperal game's timeline looks like when one civ gets feitoria.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:03 PM PST

    Still winning in my book!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 08:07 AM PST

    Rematch option

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 07:54 AM PST

    I can't be the only one who really wants the option for a rematch at the end of a ranked game? It just makes sense

    How many of us need to request it for the devs to listen?

    submitted by /u/dazcar
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone walls early

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 05:40 AM PST

    At my ELO level (1000) everyone walls really early. before fuedal. I like to do fuedal rushes but 90 percent are met with walls and im doing them pretty quick.

    Been playing Magyars and at 19 pop scout rush everyones already walled up.

    Drush?

    I just played a mongol player and we both walled and stopped each others rushes. Got to castle and i was quickly met with a group of mangudai which my own cav archers and scouts were minced by. How am i meant to stop a mongol player booming into mangudai when they wall in dark age and defend so well?

    submitted by /u/EndlessDream2015
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Some doubts

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 05:29 AM PST

    Hi:

    I have some doubts about the game, I'd be very grateful if you could answer some of them:

    1. Which are the top civs to do maa into archers besides mayans?
    2. What is the "meta" right now?
    3. Which strat would you say is the most effective to get out of 900-1100 ELO?
    4. When is the best time to lure deer? Is it only adviceable on some openings or should you always do it? If so, how many deer?
    5. Is it bad practice to set the scouting points for your scout at the beggining of the game and then forget about it until you need to scout the enemy?

    Thank you in advance.

    Edit: Thank you all for your responses!

    submitted by /u/Unfolder_
    [link] [comments]

    When will the pathing get fixed? I shouldn't have to micro my woodline to stop them going idle.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 10:39 AM PST

    Picked up this game today, little victory for you guys, big fun for me

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 04:46 PM PST

    Am I missing something? I focused on dark age, but villagers keep going idle after 4 sheep and dying to boars. Where are the true begginer guides?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 11:09 PM PST

    I watched ZeroEmpires "Your first build order". I have the order printed. I can't do it as it should be. I build two houses and I bring in the sheep. I scout the resources. So far so good. But the problems start there. I don't know how to control how many vils are 'killin' one sheep vs how many are focusing on the others. But anyway then I send the 4 vils to lumber camp/wood. As soon as I send the 11th vil, I guess, to lure the first boar, my sheep vils are idle now. Then my "boar luring" vil dies. And it piles on.

    Is there a true AoE2: Noob Edition beggining tips videos I should watch?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Jennie_Tals
    [link] [comments]

    People's favourite AoE2DE The African Kingdoms Campaign

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 10:20 PM PST

    Continual of my previous poll. It's just a random discussion. It's intrigued me a lot and I want to know what's your favourite. I'll try to make as balanced polls as I can.

    Please vote your favourite campaign from the options below; comment your analysis as well.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/HisBrilliance
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to get gold medals on The Art of War today, apparently I'm shit at ships

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 08:47 AM PST

    New Clan

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 08:26 AM PST

    My brother and I use to play this game all the time when we were kids just getting back into it trying to get a group of people that wanna play and practice our best strategies with or against. Discord invite is: Z5RnWcyd

    submitted by /u/StevenSmith119
    [link] [comments]

    Freezing guaranteed!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 08:23 AM PST

    Hi, I bought the cheap laptop last year to JUST play Aoe2. Since that last update and even with the past 2 hot fixes I can not play the game in any mode or setting for more than 2-3 minutes. I can not play the game no more, is tragic!

    Do I need a gaming laptop now or should I just have to wait for the problem get fixed hopefully in the next hot fixes?

    My laptop: HP 15.6" Laptop - Jet Black (AMD A4-9125 Dual-Core/500GB HDD/4GB RAM/Windows 10)

    submitted by /u/ICanOK
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment