• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 2, 2021

    Age of Empires II 'Odsblood! I accidentally resigned by mistake.

    Age of Empires II 'Odsblood! I accidentally resigned by mistake.


    'Odsblood! I accidentally resigned by mistake.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:35 AM PST

    When the organ hits

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:55 AM PST

    Sicilian campaign is awesome

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:59 AM PST

    I love the RPGish mechanics as well as the story of the campaign. Like El Dorado(R.I.P.)

    Hero unit gaining more experience therefore more stats, the battle against byzantine were your stepmother refuses to help and you have to destroy buildings before engaging byzantine armies ( tho you can cheese it with multiple onager shots), The defence of Antioch ( we kinda had similar one in Saracen campaign) etc..

    Also story was captivating too. One of the best imo like kotyan and timurlane. Though i like most of the scenarios that team puts in the game, some of them were forgetable.

    submitted by /u/moragdong
    [link] [comments]

    i forgot why I made this

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:20 AM PST

    HUGE Discrepancy between official list of "Known Issues" and actual issues since the last update

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:45 AM PST

    So here is a list of issues that I have personally encountered, and have verified with fellow players:

    1. Multiplayer lobbies not appearing once created
    2. Disconnect issues in 4v4 are back
    3. Late game lag is back
    4. Multiplayer replays, and spectate, goes out-of-sync extremely frequently (almost 100% of the time)
    5. Tech tree is completely broken
    6. Villagers sometimes ignore commands
    7. Pathfinding seems worse in the recent patch
    8. Coustillier does hidden bonus damage against archers (which it is not supposed to do).

    Now look at the official list of known issues (https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049490811-Known-Issues-Solutions) :

    1. In some circumstances, naval units will fail to display their health bar.
    2. Hero unit glow (and other visual effects) can disappear when too many units are visible on screen.
    3. Ranged attacks have a low chance of hitting Dire Wolves.
    4. "Sheep Hoarder" achievement is not unlocked when 20 sheep are gathered.
    5. Spanish displays incorrect names and descriptions for several units, technologies, and buildings.

    I think this just underscores the disconnect between the devs and what is occurring in the game. This is an objective discrepancy (not mere speculation that devs are careless etc.).

    I hope someone on the developing team at least reads this so that a) they can be aware of the issues (even though people have been constantly posting bug reports in the official forums) b) at the very least update the list of known issues, and c) improve their mode of communication with the community so that such discrepancies do not happen

    submitted by /u/outlawprime
    [link] [comments]

    For those who missed the changelog, civs in the Joan of Arc, Barbarossa, and Atilla campaigns have been updated with the two new civs

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:00 PM PST

    The voice acting in the new campaigns is good :-)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 12:39 AM PST

    This especially struck me after playing the Philip the Good scenarios. The disdainful way he says "What are you waiting for? Burn them down!" in the second Jacqueline of Hainaut scenario is so good and makes one immediately want to burn them down, 'or else...'

    submitted by /u/vouwrfract
    [link] [comments]

    I guess Saracens team bonus should not apply to skirms if it is going to be +2 now ...

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:46 PM PST

    Turtle Ship Bug

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 04:16 AM PST

    Only played Koreans today for the first time after the new patch. They seem to be doing zero or close to that in many cases. Either I'm missing something entirely obvious but having played this game for a good 15 years now I don't think this is intentional haha.

    https://reddit.com/link/lau8p9/video/ubcz2fof32f61/player

    submitted by /u/FatThorium
    [link] [comments]

    I feel bad for making my vills work 24/7 with no weekends.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:53 PM PST

    Also when I send my armies off to their guaranteed death.

    But they just keep on working and dying like it ain't no thang.

    submitted by /u/poopdeck
    [link] [comments]

    I stumbled across this for the first time and needed to share it to all those who also haven’t witnessed this masterpiece! Troy with Age of Empires sound effects (credit -Aku -)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:53 AM PST

    Yellow, first online match ever, got totally carried. To my man Brati, wherever you are, you’re my hero forever and always.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:50 PM PST

    This is the ideal ressource spawn. You may not like it, but this is what 14 months of map script fixing on Arabia looks like. 36 tiles and behind the zebras.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:56 AM PST

    *Tournament Announcement* - Signups started for Amateur Cup 2.0 -

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:54 PM PST

    Hey guys! I'm hosting my second tournament for 1000 - 1200 elo players called Amateur Cup 2. I was super excited to have a pro cast one of the series last time, so I'll be poking them again to see who I can get this time around. Also, even though it's not "pro" level....there is a prize pool!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naVaiI2vC9o
    (trailer)

    Sign up here:
    https://discord.gg/DxZutuH

    You must have played at least 40 ranked games and have played recently in ranked. The judges and I will be screening all signups to make sure there is a fair tournament.
    If you have any questions, you can post them in the "faq" in the discord or I can answer them here!

    Please share with those who might be interested!

    Good luck!
    ChickenMonkey

    submitted by /u/chickenmonkeytv
    [link] [comments]

    Can't play ranked since the last DLC/Update

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:43 PM PST

    My game crashes every time I start a new ranked game. Even after today servers' maintenance. Why is this happening, I've seen a lot of users reporting this, any help?

    submitted by /u/FearlessX7
    [link] [comments]

    help: how to kite

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 07:20 AM PST

    hey all, I was looking for a post on here or youtube for instructions on how to kite. I almost have it down but I figured legit/explicit instructions would help me along. I'm surprised there isn't a How to Kite youtube video. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/final_vill
    [link] [comments]

    So, the lady on the Lords of the West title screen is an ABSOLUTE BABE. Bonne D'Artois, Duchess of Burgundy.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:10 PM PST

    my mouse hotkey set up

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:27 AM PST

    Hul’che Javelineers

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 03:22 AM PST

    So what are your thoughts on the new tech that replaced the Maya tech Obsidian Arrows?

    When it comes to having Berber and Vietnamese allies, the Maya genitours and imperial skirms might have a good time.

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    Sicilians Discussion

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:53 AM PST

    What are your guys thoughts on Sicilians? Personally I've been abusing the shit out of them. They can do xbows or knights, their scouts taking half damage from spears lets you take more fights early and their castle tech is absolutely absurd. I generally save it for right when I want to make a big push (usually early imp right after I get elite upgrade and capped/siege ram). What have your experiences been like with them? How do you feel about the civ as a whole?

    submitted by /u/jppitre
    [link] [comments]

    I know this has been posted quite a few times, but now its my turn :D What have I learnt so far, you ask? I love Chu Ko Nu :)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:25 PM PST

    Stuck at 1200 ELO

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 02:53 AM PST

    I seem to be stuck at around 1200ish ELO (DE) and I have no idea how to improve further.

    I use control groups, I am scouting properly and I am able to counter my opponents accordingly.It seems that I'm more likely to lose if the game goes on longer but I don't know why. What are the next steps to be able to climb the ladder again?

    I appreciate any kind of advice!

    submitted by /u/Tweak112
    [link] [comments]

    Is this just a mistake by whoever wrote the text or am I onto something?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 02:19 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment