• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 27, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 Found these going through some old boxes. Each one came with a guide book and a booklet with quick reference charts

    Age of Empires 3 Found these going through some old boxes. Each one came with a guide book and a booklet with quick reference charts


    Found these going through some old boxes. Each one came with a guide book and a booklet with quick reference charts

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    Are CDBs "infantry"?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    Who needs infantry when you can just kill your enemy with CDBs

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    Returning player, looking for a rundown on things I may have missed

    Posted: 26 May 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    Hi all, Age 3 player since 2010 here but I only got into The Asian Dynasties online scene from 2016-2019 and would float around 1st Lt to Captain in treaty/sup.

    I absolutely adore the nuance, uniqueness, and difficulty of this game and I was really excited to get into DE when it came around in 2020 but life was getting busy and I had heard a lot of criticism about bugs/poor balance so I thought I'd come back to it later.

    I was wondering if anyone would be able to give a rundown on key things that may have happened since I left? Has the DE destroyed the feel of the original or is it a worthy addition? Are there any super gigantic fundamental changes that I should be aware of before trying it out or as a semi-experienced player will I be able to find my way naturally? Has the balance improved, stayed the same, or gotten worse since TAD? Even a point towards where I could find posts/videos/discussions that might catch me up to speed would help greatly :)

    submitted by /u/Shmelmen
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't played the game in 9 years

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    I was about to hop on League of Legends when my friends told me they were on AoE3. My buddy bought me the game and its DLCs a few years back, but I never got to playing it since LoL is our main past time. Prior to that, we used to play it a lot more back when we were juniors in high school, around 2011 or so. I'm not the best player, especially when it comes to RTS. For example, when I was 17, I was only able to beat Expert Napoleon like 2/20 times lol..

    I chose the French since they were the civ I used to use. One friend was the Japanese and the other one was one of the Native American tribes.

    My friends told me they got wrecked 2v2 by Hard bots, so I decided that we would play 3v3 against Normal bots and see where we stand. We eventually destroyed them; it was pretty fun and hype! So for the next one, I wanted us to play against Hard bots.

    Man, we got wrecked so hard LOL. But it was just a warm-up, and I'm still rusty! There's no way we lose a second time!

    Man, we got wrecked so hard again LOL. But I finally leveled up a little bit so I have some more cards! Its not the old deck I used, but it's gotta do a lot more than before. We got them this time!

    Man, we got wrecked so hard LOL. But by now, I was able to get a lot of EXP from all of the combat I did (I was the main one killing the enemy troops at this time since I'm more experienced at RTS than they are), so I finally got enough for the main cards I wanted.

    After 1hr 39 minutes, we FINALLY won our first 3v3 against Hard bots!!! Holy... That rush of dopamine was unreal!! Then we won like three more times and decided to play one last one.

    It was our hardest victory yet! My friend in the center got pincer attacked by all three enemies and only I was able to respond. We managed to defend their first few waves but they eventually hit my forward base (6 barracks + 4 towers + fort) after taking out about 40% of my friend's base. As my friend in the center was recovering, all three enemies really gave it to me lol. Even with 8 barracks and 4 stables, I wasn't pumping out enough troops to handle their onslaught. All that survive of my main base were two houses... I dropped from 80 vils to 47, but fortunately, I turned my migrant hunters into farmers when they ran out of quarry. So I had a bunch of random mills all over the map and my gold miners were still alive! Since my economy was good for most of the game up to that point, I still had a lot of resources left in reserve.. My friend in the center was ready to give up, but we all knew it was going to be our last game. So I used up all of my wood to build 8 barracks and 18 houses and spammed Musketeers lol. I told my buddies to hang in there and that I was going to do a last ditch effort of an attack.. I sent 133 musketeers to take control of the rail road posts and that became my main source of income since I couldn't produce any more TC (which beings me to ask, can I not build more TC in this game with villagers??). It was a long struggle, but 1000 Musketeers later, and we were finally able to beat these Hard bots. These Musketeers held it down so hard, my allies were able to recover and support my offensive! Man, this game is fun lol. I know, I know, we're just noobs excited over beating some AI, but it was insanely fun!

    submitted by /u/Lawless_Time
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone tell me why the fuck a Tech Tree exists?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    Idk how else to say this but an amoeba sperm boots and bloons

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    Moon Ceremony

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    Anyone use Moon Ceremony for the Community Plaza (Inca)? Is it useful late game when wood is sparse or is the trickle too slow to justify (Inca also has unlimited 600w from HC).

    submitted by /u/Chief_Fever
    [link] [comments]

    How to make rockets as US?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    There's a captured rockets card in age 4 that says you can make at factory but I can't figure it out. Thanks

    submitted by /u/amorywest
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to close Steam while leaving the game open?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    My computer is dogshit and it lags the game to no tomorrow when steam is open.

    submitted by /u/I_person
    [link] [comments]

    Got my laptop today gonna buy and start. It’s been 20 years.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    Anyone got any detail on how much has changed since the original game? Are the Persians still available and their elephants? Now that 20 years later we have high speed internet and online game play, how is the online gameplay on this? Is it on a platform with say a few other players in the room on the same map ? I'm excited to play again

    submitted by /u/aceito2021
    [link] [comments]

    How To Beat The Extreme AI In 5:44 [AOE 3: DE] - Anyone of you can beat my Time?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    Hamiltonian Economics

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    Really just wondering what the viability of this card is. I have it in my Naked and Semi FF decks but I tend to find it as maybe too much of an investment amongst other cards that I find are better in the moment. So I have been considering switching it out for maybe Seminole Bowmen to have a good timing push like I have in my Age II deck or swap it for the Age III fort. Any thoughts on the card?

    submitted by /u/Tirian1225
    [link] [comments]

    Best ~$1000-$1500 desktop computer for running this game?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    I saw the recent laptop post but wanted to see for desktops. Would love a monitor recommendation if possible too! -can't wait to play online since I can't on mac

    submitted by /u/amorywest
    [link] [comments]

    United States civ

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Hello folks, I unlocked US a few days ago, but struggling really hard with it.

    Usually I can beat 1x1 or 2x2 against hardest bot with almost all civs no problem, now even Hard bot I'm having problem, which is weird as people say US is OP.

    What are your strategies?

    One weakness of mine I have noted is a slower worker creation but I don't want to waste the villager card as it gets better with time.

    submitted by /u/Slpy1314
    [link] [comments]

    Any reason why I can't load into Multiplayer games? Ranked games work but casual doesn't?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Why the Church healer look so chad wtf

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    Running down skirmishes with ashigaru?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    I've been doing this recently. Curious to know if I am just getting lucky or this is known to work? Skirmishes don't have melee resistance but ashigarus do. Plus they run .5 faster. With the 3.5 multipler to shock infantry and cav it seems nothing can stop them.

    submitted by /u/T-u-r-t-l-e-
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dutch Halbs Really OP? | 30 Halberdier vs 14 Skull Knight

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    Wtfff blockade should be removed !!

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    Hello, im a newbie, in age of empires 3 ( the original one). i was playing a treaty match, everything was going good until i got blockaded, at that moment i knew i was doomed and there was no point in continuing but my teammate convinced me to stay, so I stayed, but once we started fighting, i felt like i was handicapped, i had a massive disadvantage, because i was very dependent in the cards, even though i had a stable eco, my troops were weak and the training time was stupid slow, i couldn't stop the enemy who easily fked up our bases.

    i know I'm still a noob and i don't a have lot of hours like others, but i just want to say, blockade is not fucking fair, consider removing it from the game.

    submitted by /u/GaminB4
    [link] [comments]

    Any mod support/help on how to work cinematic cameras?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, hoping to make better use of AOE3 DEs cinematics - all tutorials appear to be 8+ years old. Any support helps!

    submitted by /u/redditsupportsucks1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment