• Breaking News

    Friday, May 7, 2021

    Age of Empires II I heart Rubenstock

    Age of Empires II I heart Rubenstock


    I heart Rubenstock

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    Turks these last patches

    Posted: 06 May 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    300 games in and I've finally reached 1k1 elo!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:04 AM PDT

    Civ concepts after hard work (not “I woke up this morning and invented a whole civ”)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Hi everybody! For many months I've been working on new Civ concepts for AoE2. These were developed before Burgundians and Sicilians existed, and resulted on a hand-made book which was a present for my younger brother (who always beats me 1v1 XD). It took me for a while to get all the data to make these civs as "historically accurate" as possible (I know more than one would argue against Aztec arbalester for example). First of all, I'd like to show you the criteria for these concepts:

    1.- They should approximately fit the medieval period in which AoE2 takes place. (Of course)

    2.- These civs formed Empires or a cultural/historical identity that was important at that time

    3.- They would not be OP. I promise you won't see things like "knights available at Feudal Age", "castles cost wood instead of stone" or "villagers shoot arrows and do pierce damage"

    4.- I know a bit about AoE2 mechanics. So these civs won't have auras and that sort of features that would make impossible to program everything without the game insta-bugging or insta-crashing

    5.- All civs would have something that will make them unique and fun to play with. Of course, I had to stretch a bit my interpretation of the texts I read about each civ to make unique civs with bonuses that would not stack with each other.

    6.- I'm not saying that all the rest of the people who have proposed civ concepts are mistaken or that they didn't have great ideas. I just want to share with you a bit of my work and effort combining the game I love so much and my passion for history.

    So, to start, here's the list of the 23 civs I worked with:

    African civs:

    Bantu: Infantry and archer civ. Representing Kongo Empire and the center and south / southwest of Africa, which was strongly influenced by Middle Asia merchants

    Bornu: Cavalry civ. Representing the Kanem-Bornu Empire and its important trade routes

    Nubians: Archer and siege civ. Representing the Nubian kingdoms who fought Arab invasions from Egypt

    Somalis: Defensive and naval civ. Representing the Adal and Ifat Sultanates that fought with Ethiopians on the west and with Turks and Portuguese in the Indian Ocean

    Yoruba: Cavalry civ. Representing the Oyo Empire that ruled in modern day Nigeria

    Asian civs:

    Afghans: Camel civ. Representing the afghan / pashtun people, ghaznavids, ghurids and the Mongol influence on them

    Bengali: Cavalry and naval civ. Representing the Pala Empire and the Sena and Deva dynasties

    Georgians: Cavalry and monk civ. Representing the Kingdom of Georgia who fought Turks, Byzantines and Mongols

    Nepalese: Infantry and cavalry civ. Representing the remnants of the Tibet Empire that emigrated to Nepal, the Khas people and the Mallas

    Songs: Gunpowder and naval civ. Representing the Southern China Song dynasty who invented gunpowder

    Thai: Infantry and elephant civ. Representing the Sukhothai and Ayutthaya kingdoms that existed in modern day Thailand

    Oceanian civ:

    Tongans: Infantry and naval civ. Representing the Tu'i Tonga Empire that ruled over Oceania

    North American civs:

    Algonquians: Archer civ. Representing the Natives from Northeast North America (modern day Canada) who fought against the Iroquois

    Iroquois: Infantry civ. Representing the Natives from Northeast North America (modern day Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York)

    Mississippians: Cavalry archer and monk civ. Representing the Natives from the Great Plains west to Mississippi

    South American civs:

    Purepechas: Infantry and archer civ. Representing the Tarascan state that confronted the Aztec Empire

    Mapuches: Infantry and monk civ. Representing the Araucan people who fought the Incan Empire

    European civs:

    Basques: Infantry and tower civ. Representing the Basque and Aquitanian from Vasconia (Gascony) who fought Franks, Berbers and Spanish throughout the Middle Ages

    Bohemians: Infantry and cavalry civ. Representing the Kingdom of Bohemia, Premysl and Luxemboug dynasties and the Hussites.

    Dutch: Naval and gunpowder civ. Representing Holland, Frisia, Groningen and Guelders Dutch provinces that separated from the Holy Roman Empire

    Poles: Cavalry civ. Representing Polish people during the Piast and Jagiellonian dynasties until the union to the Lithuanian

    Romanian: Cavalry and foot archer civ. Representing Wallachians, Romanians and Moldavians who faced invasions from Magyars and Turks

    Swiss: Infantry civ. Representing the Swiss cantons and their mercenary troops

    So, which ones would you like me to share? Please, if you think that "we don't need more civs", don't answer. I'm not asking the devs to introduce any of the civs. This is just for fun.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
    [link] [comments]

    when the Sicilian theme hits

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    Oasis UNESCO World Heritage Site

    Posted: 06 May 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    my trechuchet attack guard tower in real life :v hope you like it

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    Great New Custom Campaign: Bayan Temur King Gongmin of Goryeo

    Posted: 07 May 2021 04:28 AM PDT

    Great New Custom Campaign: Bayan Temur King Gongmin of Goryeo

    **Real Goryeo-Long Campaign Now Released!HC Production Team Honorable Mention!**A big production with full dubbing and a conscientious campaign that takes you through the legendary life of King Gongmin.

    English version for Wang-Gi King Gongmin of Goryeo.

    ps:This campaign is very difficult, so please do it according to your ability.

    This campaign has a built-in gray->black color mod, which will take effect globally. If players don't like it, please disable this mod when you don't play this campaign,thank you for your cooperation.

    I will upload the playing videos sooner or later.If you have something difficulty playing it,you can watch it for the answer.

    After four hundred years of wind and rain, the Goryeo dynasty has grown old. Outside, the Yuan Empire interfered, and inside was domineering, and the king's prestige was discouraged. In such a desperate environment, a distant relative of the clan who had been in the Yuan since childhood as Keun Wonja and accidentally won the throne of Goryeo, but determined to rejuvenate this turbulent country. Is it possible for a dying dynasty to be reborn, break free from Mongol rule, resist Japanese invasion and fight the danger from China? Or even restore the territory to the heyday of the Goryeo Dynasty, once again becoming a force that cannot be ignored in East Asia?In this campaign, you will play Koreans.

    About the people:King Gongmin of Goryeo (23 May 1330 – 27 October 1374) ruled Goryeo Korea from 1351 to 1374. He was the second son of King Chungsuk. In addition to his various Korean names, he bore the Mongolian name Bayan Temür (伯顔帖木兒).

    Mainly Producers:

    Planning,slide:归心未铸

    Drawing,audio:月思

    Trigger,audio:Cly806

    AI making:HudsonLee期悦

    Layout background making:ilam

    EN Translation:Cly806,Times113

    Download website: https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/22335/

    https://preview.redd.it/drfyxzb9pox61.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=35cd94f112840db7c2cf8ca4850b0f8523f5bcfe

    https://preview.redd.it/1jagchfeoox61.png?width=600&format=png&auto=webp&s=9f19975647a70d49d3a1200bf770a6f8f544226a

    submitted by /u/cly806
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I keep getting high rank players in 1v1 ranked?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    I usually play Team Ranked but occasionally play 1v1 ranked, Team rank is around 1k and until the last 3 games I was about 900 on 1v1 ranked. Each of the last 3 1v1s I have done I have come up against someone in the mid 800s rank for 1v1 but ranked 1500+ for Team Ranked (all different people). Am I just getting unlucky or it this common now in 1v1?

    submitted by /u/stormin2192
    [link] [comments]

    how to remain collected in the late game when there are so many things to do and attack sounds and notifications everywhere ?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    the hardest part of the game for me by far is the late game. I feel like my opponents are always better than me at keeping their late eco safe and efficient while my base is swiss cheese with overchops and 50 vills huddled around the remnants of a depleted woodline. pro guides say things like "build outsposts and stables to the side" but how does one manage that in so many locations without messing up their waypoints, micro, etc. ?

    submitted by /u/EXTRAVAGANT_COMMENT
    [link] [comments]

    A Sicilian [Metatron] tries the Sicilians in AoE2

    Posted: 06 May 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    The most magnificent mining camp I have seen, by the AI no less.

    Posted: 06 May 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    M@A into archers deadlier since range visibility patch?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 11:41 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Last game I got wrecked by an m@A into archer rush (me: Inca, opponent: Japanese). My defense strat was always to 1. fight back with vills (especially when playing Inca's) 2. lure them into the TC range.

    Looking at the replay I saw my opponent was just walking by the edge of the TC range and tower range (when I built one). I never seen that done properly before, but this felt spot on. I feel that with the new update, since the range is so visible that mistakes are never made anymore. suffice to say, those m@a absolutely wrecked my game..

    Do you experience the same now in your games? and better: How to defend from it, since those M@A stay alive much longer now ?

    p.s. I am just below 1200, so don't expect too much from me if you'd care to watch the replay.

    submitted by /u/Sweetcoman
    [link] [comments]

    Bulgarian Hussars vs Magyar Huszars

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    As the title suggests, this post is a sort of statistic spouting post to give you an idea which of these you might like better in a game. So, let the knowledge spreading commence!

    Bulgarian Hussars (fully upgraded):

    • 80 food
    • 95 hp
    • 11 attack
    1. +12 vs Monks
    • 3/6 armour
    • 1.425 RoF
    • 7.72 DPS
    • 1.65 speed
    • 10 LoS
    • 19.8 sec creation time
    • Costs 2048 food 1645 gold to fully upgrade
    • Advantages: Created in stables, bonus vs monks, larger line of sight, cheaper, attacks faster

    VS

    Elite Magyar Huszars (Fully Upgraded):

    • 80 food (10 gold)
    • 105 hp
    • 14 attack
    1. +8 vs siege weapon
    2. +2 vs rams
    • 3/6 armour
    • 1.8 RoF
    • 7.78 DPS
    • 1.65 speed
    • 6 LoS
    • 10.6 sec creation time
    • Costs 2695 food 1695 gold to fully upgrade
    • Advantages: created faster(but from castles), better stats, bonus vs siege, slightly higher DPS

    So, which of these units would you rather have access to in a real match?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/CaptainCakeEater
    [link] [comments]

    Team positions in 2v2?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    Is there a way to determine who plays which position in ranked 2v2? Like on coastal forest, who is at the Coast, who is at the Center?

    submitted by /u/tjb937
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else hate playing against Lithuanians?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    When I queue up and see the opponent is Lith it makes me grooooaaan. That extra 150 food is an insane early game bonus that lets them do pretty much anything smooth and fast. It makes me question my entire early game because I know I'll be on the defensive the whole dark/feudal. And castle is always an absolute slugfest IF I'm lucky enough to survive very long. The last guy I played went full xbow which I never expected and he had the critical mass to one shot my knights. They can do anything they want in castle.

    Best strat against them?

    submitted by /u/WastelandMedic93
    [link] [comments]

    "Cannons"

    Posted: 06 May 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    aoe2 DE Hard -> Hardest AI

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    Hi, I've been getting back into aoe2 lately by playing skirmish against AI. It's been going okay up until now when I've started playing against the "hardest" difficulty AI. All of a sudden I'm just getting crushed. Hard was challenging at times but always a challenge I could overcome. This just feels impossible. Even when I'm keeping paces in ages they just vomit so much at me.

    Is there a big difficulty jump between these two ai difficulties or am I just falling behind the expected progression curve?

    I've not done the art of war stuff yet, that's on my list. I've been trying to ease into multiplayer style games vs ai (tiny map etc.) but I don't know if I actually want to play multiplayer at all right now.

    submitted by /u/bluefish78
    [link] [comments]

    I tried Burgundians Fast Imp on Arena and it actually worked.

    Posted: 06 May 2021 11:41 PM PDT

    TLDR: The eco behind a fast imp feels quite good, and it doesn't feel like an all-in strategy at all.

    Granted that I was just 1000-1100 ELO player, and my opponent may not make the best decision to counter my strategy, so maybe I can pull of the strat using any other civs. But I can still feel the potential of the strategy, and really hope if someone who play better can try it out!

    Let me laid down my build first.

    • 7 villagers on sheep and start pushing deer asap to boost the early food income.
    • 8-10th vills on wood, 11th vill lure boar, 12th vill build a house and then go to wood. I can research double bit axe by the time I'm pop 12, and I'm pretty sure it can be way earlier as I messed up a little bit in the execution.
    • The rest is basically the same as what you'd expect to FC, and yes I messed up a little bit by going up to feudal at pop 27, which is too early.
    • I research horse collar, laid down 4 or 5 farms and build a barrack before hitting feudal age, and I build an archery range + blacksmith. I can still go up to castle age at 29 pop without the help of a market.

    And here is the thing why I feel like the strat is actually strong: those eco bonus are so cheap, you can research them heavy plow and bow saw and still doesn't slow down your fast imp by too much. By the time I hit castle age, I have 16 vills on farms/berry, 8 on gold and just a few on wood, and those farms are with heavy plow! Since I go up to castle age way too early, I decided not to be in a hurry and make 5 more vills + wheelbarrow (which is again super cheap and very useful when I'm in dire of the food count to rise to 1000) while building a university and a siege workshop. Maybe you find this time quite late, but at the same time it can catch your opponent, who just want to play meta with scout map control and boom, off guard. My opponent actually keep his scout outside my base for quite a while, so he could see my archery range and might have stop booming once he realized what's up.

    The result is a very strong economy that can support 3 range handcannoneer production and villager production constantly after I get chemistry. My opponent tried to mass battle elephant which indeed slow down my push a lot by brute forcing my bombard cannons, but at the same time my HC just wrecked his elephants. Later on he tried mixing in with scorpions, but they fall to my BBC. Oh and did I forgot to mention, he is playing as Malay, one of the best civ in Arena.

    My takeaway is, while Burgundians fast imp might not be the fastest imp you can get, the eco behind your fast imp feels very strong, and if your opponent play meta like mine did, who just FC map control into collecting relic and boom, it can definitely worked if well executed.

    submitted by /u/html_lmth
    [link] [comments]

    AI with Wonders

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    AI doesn't build a wonder in Standard mode or try to destroy yours.

    submitted by /u/Pettyrelic
    [link] [comments]

    Why did TheViper leave Norway ?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Has Viper mentioned on his stream the reason why he left Norway ? I am on a crossroads in my life and I believe this information would be useful for me.

    submitted by /u/Turing1999
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment