• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 25, 2021

    Age of Empires II I (Japanese) beat my cousin (Saracens) in a 1v1, and it ended with this epic freeze-frame.

    Age of Empires II I (Japanese) beat my cousin (Saracens) in a 1v1, and it ended with this epic freeze-frame.


    I (Japanese) beat my cousin (Saracens) in a 1v1, and it ended with this epic freeze-frame.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    This Malay tip needs to be updated :(

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    Hera during WDC Semis

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:51 PM PDT

    Fast castle into resign is my favorite build order

    Posted: 24 May 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Monks maintain conversion intervals while chasing a target. AKA how to exploit missionaries.

    Posted: 25 May 2021 12:31 AM PDT

    Previously I was under the impression that once a monk moved for whatever reason he would be forced to redo his conversion warm-up routine before being able to convert a unit. Turns out this isn't true. As long as you don't re-task a monk with a non-convert command he can chase a unit to the ends of the earth without needing to re-do the warm up routine. This leads to weird behavior like the following: https://youtu.be/Iy4Q21TnZQY?t=1540. You'll notice that Yo converts Viper's bombard cannon almost immediately upon his monk stopping and re-initializing the wololo animation. Viper had also just researched faith so there is no way this could have happened unless the monk maintained conversion intervals as he walked.

    This also applies to switching conversion targets regardless of range. That is to say imagine you task a monk to convert a unit and then task a monk to convert a different unit. Even if the monk has to walk over to start his conversion he will maintain his conversion interval as he walks over. Thus he will not need to warm up and will be closer to the maximum conversion interval.

    So bottom line is monks keep accumulating conversion intervals as long as you only task them to convert units. Movement doesn't matter directly, only whether the task is a conversion. Figured some people here might find this interesting.

    One interesting implication of this is that missionaries, because they get about 1.4 speed when upgraded, can chase down and keep accumulating intervals on the following units:

    • Rams (melee range but still works)
    • Elephants (War, Ballista, Battle, Archer)
    • War Wagons
    • Expensive Infantry (Serjeants, Teutonic Knights, etc.)
    • Onager (probably not the best idea though)
    • Enemy monks.

    For all of these you also get to re-task the monks to individual targets while they close in without losing conversion intervals.

    submitted by /u/Remarkable-Corgi
    [link] [comments]

    Finally 1K after the grind!

    Posted: 25 May 2021 12:04 AM PDT

    First time I've had a comeback to win a game, really wasn't expecting the fight to go THAT well.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 06:40 PM PDT

    Game mechanics - Indians on Battle Royale

    Posted: 25 May 2021 01:26 AM PDT

    You might think that all civs are equal in economy on Battle Royale, since there are neither villagers nor trade. Well, mostly yes. What if I told you Indians are a bit different?

    The obvious criminal is their Unique technology Sultans, which increases all gold income by 10%. Who would have thought that it affects Gold generation in Battle Royale! The technology has 4 different effects - 10% faster gold miners, 10% faster relic gold generation, 10% more gold on trade carts, 10% faster Feitoria gold.

    Trade Workshops in Battle Royale (only Battle Royale) are a combination of Market, Feitorias (and TCs previously). So effect is similar. You cannot place these special Trade Workshops in Scenario Editor, but you can place Feitorias and check the effect.

    What does it mean? Since we start in Post-Imperial, all techs are researched. If you don't use the market ability, the bonus means that your units cost 9.1% less gold effectively. It also means that you get a better deal when buying food and wood and a worse one when selling wood and food. However, the latter will be less often.

    submitted by /u/Holy-Roman-Emperor
    [link] [comments]

    Villagers Carry Fractional Resources (T-West)

    Posted: 25 May 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    Very strategic mining camp placement by the AI

    Posted: 24 May 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    My Top 10 Mods

    Posted: 24 May 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    My Top 10 Mods

    I have been enjoying Age of Empires II for decades. More recently, I started using mods to customize it according to my needs and preferences.

    At this point, Kudos and thank you to all the creators out there - you are awesome - I could never do what you do!

    Here are my Top 10 mods in AoE2 Definitive Edition. What are yours?

    https://preview.redd.it/tlfi4cnmi7171.jpg?width=1300&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a2dc236bb98503dde705cb5beb864449951669bf

    submitted by /u/DonDinardoni
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with team games (2v2)

    Posted: 25 May 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    I always play 2v2 with my father, usually we play around 50% Last few days we got crushed , did 1-6 yesterday A lot of our opponents have like 56 wins 13 losses total

    Anyone know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/denoot2
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Franks

    Posted: 25 May 2021 08:18 AM PDT

    I'm a beginner I don't know the lingo well but I'll keep it simple

    I usually push castle and go full knights.

    I have a few issues with this.

    1. I'm vulnerable for scout rush
    2. Knights don't do so good in tight spaces.. I can easily lose to someone to knows this.

    Any suggestions on how I should change my play style?

    submitted by /u/simtii
    [link] [comments]

    Which civ has the best/most useable camels in Early Castle age?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 11:28 PM PDT

    Between Berber cheap camels, Indian extra pierce armor camels (with the ability to destroy TCs), Saracen extra HP camels, maybe Byzantine cheaper camels, or some other civ's (considering eco as well (Persians?) which Civ has the most useable camels in the early castle age? - when you're a pocket and want to create a bunch to go help your flank/attack the opponent (be it against scouts/archers/knights).

    submitted by /u/kashyap07
    [link] [comments]

    what is the green(ground) mini map mod?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    the normal ground is green and trees are dark green in minimap. Not brown or white or gray or whatever color crater minimap is.

    Is there such a thing? I seem to remember pro players mini maps being very clear.

    submitted by /u/opzoro
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Campaign Issue

    Posted: 25 May 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    I completed Ottokar - 1. Interregnum and it didn't unlock the next scenario. It only gave me the option to return to main menu, replay, or return to map.

    Has anyone had this problem with any custom campaigns? thx

    submitted by /u/Adizine
    [link] [comments]

    A question about cuman and mongols

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:41 AM PDT

    Heyo!

    I follow several youtubes, like SoTL, Vipper, T90, and many more to see what type of info i can absorb to improve my skills, but there is something that bothers me about 2 units, and one unit in particular, the mangudai.

    Can someone explain me why in large numbers mangudai win vs kipchaks ? In a detailed way, thanks

    submitted by /u/Claudio_Coruus
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get out of a slump?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    I've never been a good player, but suddenly it's like I forgot how to play. I was a solid mid-900s player usually winning 50% of the time, but all I knew how to do well was Bulgarians M@A rush in open maps or cavaliers in arena. So I decided I needed to learn something new to become a better player. I tried to master the 23p archers build order, but I just can't get good at it. Even if I get my archers out, I can never turn it into a win.

    Even worse is now I try going back to Bulgarians because I need a win, and it's like I just can't play anymore! I'm down to 800 and dropping. Has anyone had a similar experience or have any advice?

    submitted by /u/JoeyPuraVida
    [link] [comments]

    Are the win rates 'faked' ?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    I have thought about the win rates.

    With the current situation a lot of people pick the better civs so we end up having matches with good civs playing against good civs a lot and many less games with random vs random civ. This results in making the win rates of those good civs seem less good (because they always face another good civ) than what they would be if all people would play random vs random (then in theory every civ would face each other the same amount of times).

    I also feel like civs are not that good balanced like what the win rates are saying but this is only my subjective opinion.

    But thinking about this I come to the conclusion that win rates are kinda faked. Or is there something I am missing? What do you think?

    submitted by /u/neo_needs_friends
    [link] [comments]

    Gbaited (+ bonus Onager action)

    Posted: 24 May 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    What is the craziest strategy you have ever pulled off ?!

    Posted: 24 May 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    I want to see and hear about your guys craziest strats!

    Personally I love Bulgarian no loom men at arm rush... sneak a baraks near your opponents base have 5 men at arms right when you hit feudal and then follow it up with a tower. killer unless your villagers die because they dont have loom 11

    I want to see some of these games and maybe even cast them please send me the recording at Pooplord69722@hotmail.com

    submitted by /u/PoopLord69722
    [link] [comments]

    I talked about best strats but what about the best cheese!

    Posted: 25 May 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    whats the best cheese you ever did or got done to you.

    I want to see and hear.

    if you have recorded games please send them to me at: Pooplord69722@hotmail.com

    submitted by /u/PoopLord69722
    [link] [comments]

    What civ needs a buff the most?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    This is a simple question, but I need your opinion.

    There are many civs in the game but alas there are weaker ones than others.

    Since aoestats.io(link here) exists we can see the statistical weak civs so I'd say Vietnamese, Cumans or Burmese need a buff the most, since they frequently appear in the bottom winrate out of all civs in most Elos.

    What is your opinion?

    submitted by /u/CaptainCakeEater
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment