• Breaking News

    Monday, May 10, 2021

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 10 May 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    And these are the four types of AOE gamers:

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    It's over 9000! Casually jumping from 36 -> 2nd.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    My latest 1v1 game ended on the final tiny island. I took out the remaining enemy with one final attack.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 12:39 AM PDT

    60 Unit Selection Limit

    Posted: 10 May 2021 12:50 AM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone knows why the 60 unit selection limit is still a thing? I had assumed it was implemented back in the day due to performance reasons so was surprised to see it still in place in aoe2de. Does it have any meaningful impact on gameplay or why do we still have this arbitrary limit in the game ?

    submitted by /u/coolio9876
    [link] [comments]

    just won a 2 hour long ranked game. shotel warriors are fun AF

    Posted: 09 May 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    PSA: Arambai are not affected by Parthian Tactics

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    I was quite surprised to learn this! Despite having weak archer upgrades in general, the Burmese do have access to Parthian Tactics. Since their UU is described/treated as a cavalry archer in many ways, I automatically assumed PT was meant for them and affected them (why wouldn't it?). But, well, it doesn't!

    (Personally, I'd argue it should affect them, even if this would require a further nerf to their base stats. The current exception is counter-intuitive, and as it stands the tech is pretty wasted on a civ that has such poor archers).

    submitted by /u/KPater
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not as good as this would suggest

    Posted: 10 May 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    Searching for higher level teamgame group/discord

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    I asked around a bit on aoe discords, but didnt really get a response, thats why I'm trying here.

    Teamgame matchmaking is a bit frustrating to play alone with few map bans, as well as the ever inflating TG elo leading to frequently imbalanced games.

    Are there any open/welcoming groups that either play together regularly and/or host custom teamgames for roughly 1900+ (1v1 elo) level? I'd also be happy with just 1-2 regular players! (About me: Currently 19xx elo, EU based, arabia or arena are my main friends)

    Please either comment or write me a message, or just remove this post if this type of question is inappropriate for the sub.

    submitted by /u/darkgrayheart
    [link] [comments]

    Most Popular Arabia "Strategies" Used by the Top 100 Players Last Month in Ranked Games (based on queued units/buildings) (FIXED VERSION, 2nd chart labels were incorrect in previous post)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    Tips on playing the long game against AI

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Hi, noob player here playing against AI on moderate/hard. The strategy I've become (too) comfortable with is scouting and building forward barracks in dark age while going to feudal. I start hitting economy with m@a/archers/scouts, depending on my civ. I try to form a ring around enemy base and denying resources. Typically it takes me 6-10min longer to get to Castle than the AI, which is not building much military yet. Even if it starts pumping knights, I can generally trap them and force a resignation around 20-30 min. Occasionally this fails when AI reaches Castle very fast (typically Lithuanians) or manages to build more TCs (Cumans). From that point, my micro becomes pretty inferior and my initial aggression gets easily pushed back.

    What can I do to hold the early advantage longer, and play the long game? Should I focus on reaching Castle earlier even if I'm rushing?

    submitted by /u/Antsareharsh
    [link] [comments]

    My opponent had almost exactly the same number of ranked 1v1s...

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    Is there any mod to get the musics from the original game ?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    I just want moar nostalgia vibes and I haven't found any mod for this, which is quite surprising honestly.

    EDIT:
    Found one called 'Original Music', was a bit hard to find but got it !

    submitted by /u/LatrinaWimbush
    [link] [comments]

    Took me a while but finally got the icons for all civs

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    Google recommendations if you play too much Age

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    When playing as a calvary civ (such as franks) against an archer civ (britons), should I prioritize elite skirm upgrade first thing in castle if I know that my enemy has archers?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:22 PM PDT

    FPS problems, need help

    Posted: 10 May 2021 05:10 AM PDT

    So I have a Ryzen 1600X and a Radeon RX480. I know, the hardware is from a couple of generations in the past. But it should manage AoE2:DE, right?

    I mean, I could get CS:GO to 240 fps in the past and I have more fps in Cyberpunk 2077 than in AoE2:DE...

    Back when AoE2:DE was released I had rather high and stable FPS, something must have changed throughout the times. Now I barely get 20 fps, there is noticeable stuttering.

    I am playing on native resolution (1080p) and have all visual/graphics options disabled save for Anti-Aliasing, particles put to the lowest and have tried various mods like the useless plant remover etc. Obviously ehanced graphics are disabled. But for whatever reason the FPS simply stay low from the first second on.

    What's interesting is that this isn't the case in the ranked benchmark test. That still runs smooth and gives me a performance rating of 1260-something.

    I'm kinda guessing new maps/new map textures are the culprit.

    Does anyone have any ideas what I could do?

    submitted by /u/cyrusol
    [link] [comments]

    What game mode do they play in competitive AoE?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    I was watching this video of a AoE tournament and the game just abruptly ended and I couldn't tell what sort of objective had been accomplished.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUbDFtv2WiQ&t=3609s

    submitted by /u/mr-blue-
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell me how I killed more enemy units than he lost? I don’t understand aoe math.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    Specs Poll of the Week 1: What screen size do you use to play AOE2 in inches?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    First time I've ever had the same food collection in a 56 minute 1v1

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    List of DE default hotkeys

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    Can anyone point me to a list of the DE default hotkeys outside the game? I ordered a new computer to play DE, and while I wait for it to arrive, I figured I'd start familiarizing myself with the hotkeys.

    I found this link online. Can anyone confirm these are in fact the default hotkeys? https://guides.magicgameworld.com/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition-pc-game-hotkeys/

    submitted by /u/Maleficent_Daikon_18
    [link] [comments]

    1v1 tournament, registration ends on the 12th!

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! With our 1200 bracket concluding soon, i wanted to let everyone know we are still looking for participants for the next 2 brackets! we are looking to get 32 participants for each, registration ends May 12th, we need anyone 1201-1400 elo interested participating in the discord! Links below, hope everyone is enjoying the tournament thus far!

    This time we will have games played exclusively on eleven custom maps. The map pool is diverse with land, hybrid, and water maps including options for both closed and open play.

    the 1201-1400 Elo bracket will start May 13th, the 1401-1650 Elo bracket will start in June. The winner of each bracket will receive 50 dollars and the prize pool can increase with twitch donations and subs.

    Bracket sizes will depend upon the number of registered participants. Players must have a minimum of fifty ranked 1v1's to participate. Maximum achieved Elo will be used for bracket placement.

    For more information, please join the https://discord.gg/Vf5GZs4 and see the doc here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aEvMf1h2lWi0tzTLXR5tJ6bZ7XeYD2svfgodLIzYuNc/edit?usp=sharing

    live on twitch
    https://www.twitch.tv/juicy45

    Miss some games? catch up here

    (2) Juicy45 - YouTube

    submitted by /u/Juicy451
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment