• Breaking News

    Friday, June 4, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 Devs: "we've reworked the Indigenous nations to be more accurate and respectful towards their cultures" also devs: dancing Llamas at community plazas generate benefits

    Age of Empires 3 Devs: "we've reworked the Indigenous nations to be more accurate and respectful towards their cultures" also devs: dancing Llamas at community plazas generate benefits


    Devs: "we've reworked the Indigenous nations to be more accurate and respectful towards their cultures" also devs: dancing Llamas at community plazas generate benefits

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 10:51 PM PDT

    The gentleman's infantry

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    Shoutout to all the TAD veterans!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    New features coming to AOE3 DE: Minideck and bigger minimap!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    New features coming to AOE3 DE: Minideck and bigger minimap!

    Last week the devs release a preview of the new update on steam for everyone that has the game, with new features to test before the live version. The two biggest changes of this beta build are these:

    Minideck

    Bigger minimap

    Also, now units have a unique icon if they have passive health regeneration, and a sound plays when someone drops the game. AI also seems to be a bit better in this build. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/CusoBT
    [link] [comments]

    Why did they nerf grenadiers in DE so much? Grenadiers were already underperforming for their cost even before DE.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Nerfs to grenadiers in DE that I spotted so far:

    • reduced ranged resistance from 50% to 40%
    • increased rate of fire for siege attack from 3s to 4s
    • decreased attack multiplier against cavalry from 0.5x to 0.3x
    • decreased siege attack gain from Incendiary Grenades technology from +30% to +15%
    • Socket Bayonet no longer improves grenadier melee attack
    • Engineering School HC card no longer decreases training time of grenadiers
    • something else I didn't spot?

    Why so much nerf for a unit that was already shit for its price even before the Definitive edition? If anything it should get buffed, not nerfed. And an explosion of a grenade under the feet of infantry soldier deals only 16 damage, barely scratching him?

    submitted by /u/Apofis
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Gud(er)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    As the title suggests, I'm looking for ways to improve my AOE3 gameplay. I can fairly reliably beat a Hard AI, but I'm still having trouble with Hardest AI, and have yet to win any MP games. Below is some basic stuff about the civs I play and what I think might be hampering me

    I'm fairly decent with most civs, but my favourites to play are the Dutch, Swedes, and Inca.

    As for possible issues, I usually have some trouble keeping a constant production of villagers in age I, since I lack the wood to build houses, spending it on trading posts and a market. I don't have optimized decks, and most of my cards are for sending improvements, with barely any resource or unit cards. Finally I tend to under-produce units in age II due to resource and population cap issues, resulting in easily getting swarmed.

    If anyone has any tips, suggestions, or resources I can check out, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

    submitted by /u/OttoVonChadsmarck
    [link] [comments]

    Shinobis are underrated!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment