• Breaking News

    Friday, June 4, 2021

    Age of Empires II Found this story about a grandma playtesting AoE2 in one of my course books

    Age of Empires II Found this story about a grandma playtesting AoE2 in one of my course books


    Found this story about a grandma playtesting AoE2 in one of my course books

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 01:37 AM PDT

    The four strategies I know how to do

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    Hello guys, this is my new japanese castle like in game, hope you like it

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    To the 4 people that are queueing for Arena right now

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP DODGING! You banned our Arabia, we banned your Arena, please play the 3rd map and stop dodging! IT'S BEEN HALF AN HOUR

    submitted by /u/SeizureToDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Top 1000 Players Geographical Distribution

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    Top 1000 Players Geographical Distribution

    Yesterday, I shared some charts about the top 1000 AoE2 players and their distribution across Elo ratings (and some other stats over here).

    Today, I am following up with a geographical view, showing

    • how they are distributed across countries
    • how many players there are per country
    • what the average Elo rating is per country
    • who the top 5 players are in each country

    Some notes:

    1. These stats still include Smurf accounts. I got great feedback from u/dismountedleitis and will try to merge the smurfs into a player's main account.
    2. All the charts here are interactive. You can select values/bars in one and it will filter/highlight on the others, too. Give it a try.
    3. Hovering over elements usually produces a tooltip with additional information.
    4. Keep in mind that it shows only the top 1000 players on the 1v1 RM ladder
    5. The data refreshes at 10 pm GMT

    https://preview.redd.it/dg5cga9038371.png?width=1045&format=png&auto=webp&s=3bac15163f56071b19224c9a9ab0a0240ff2ffb7

    submitted by /u/DonDinardoni
    [link] [comments]

    I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but at least I have 53 goats?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    QuickWall God Vipa

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    1000 Elo players are absolutely no noobs but very accomplished. Change my mind.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    A bit of a rant but hear me out.

    I am aware that the community here consists mostly of players that are way above average: https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/nij4oc/what_is_your_current_1v1_rm_elo/ And at the same time most of you think you are barely doing fine if at all - too many „simple" mistakes, etc.

    I had a few conversations here where higher ranked people would say, „yeah, 1000 is the average, but in that bracket and the ones below, people are just chill and not trying hard." So the „real" average is somewhere above 1200 or something.

    As a below average Elo player, I must admit this is at least condescending, if not outright insulting.

    I have many friends with hundreds of games, watched videos, and quite a bit of (theoretical) knowledge, and ambition, who just cannot crack the 1000.

    OK, being below average, they are clearly less skilled and/or talented at the game. But surely no noobs. Or slackers.

    1000 might look easy if you are a couple of hundred points above it. But believe me it is not.

    Hell, look at Day9 (player account "antiturtle") who after 65 games has stalled at 1000! With all his huge RTS knowledge, instincts, and pro-level APM he gets badly beaten by the "noobs" just above 1000.

    So my points (tldr): 1. The game makes you feel worse at it than you objectively are. 2. Do not underestimate yourselves (at any level) 3. Do not underestimate the motivation and work put in by players weaker than you

    submitted by /u/BBatMuddClubBER
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that hunting villagers get affected by Chemistry in the Imperial Age

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    I have finally crossed over the magical 1500 elo mark :)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 11:07 PM PDT

    Every Black Forest game

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    1 TC + 3 stable knights?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    I recently began using this strat and it seems to work wonders on my level (1200 1v1elo). Now, what civs would you say are the best for going scouts into 1 TC 3 stable knights all in? And why?

    Please dont say franks, I dont want to play them bc I'm a super cool hipster who has to play sOmeThinG diFfeRent!

    submitted by /u/biob1234
    [link] [comments]

    Survey on the experience of nostalgia while playing Age of Empires II

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    If you love Age of Empires II just like me, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take 5 minutes to fill out my survey for a university project of mine.

    LINK TO SURVEY: https://forms.gle/nCcGcaEwcSX68CEX6

    My paper will be called "Eudaimonic Experiences in Age of Empires II: Identifications of Positive Gaming Nostalgia", and if you fall within this category:

    • Aged above 25
    • Used to play AOE2 as a child, had a break from the game and returned to the game as an adult.

    I would be very much interested in having a short, approximately 20-minute, semi-structured interview with you on either the 6th or 7th of June. Please contact me at ttjems@student.aau.dk if you would like to help me in my research

    Thanks a lot and have a lovely weekend :-)

    submitted by /u/lahmeizgood
    [link] [comments]

    Civ Winrates by Architectural Region

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    Civ Winrates by Architectural Region

    Ever wonder which architecture set is on average the best? Look no further than this handy chart!

    Shoutouts to India, the Americas, and Western Europe for holding it down, and commiserations to Central Asia for being awful.

    https://preview.redd.it/bs6n6vvv25371.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=903b58e846fde34011c5550d6521e8255ff12f32

    submitted by /u/IhaveSonar
    [link] [comments]

    map view in lobby

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    Unranked Game lobbies currently have the UI space for the maps selected by the lobby host to be displayed with the short description it comes with. why not show the map image in the lobby?

    there are some maps that people rarely play so being able to reference what the map potentially looks like does help. currently I keep having to Google the map to see what the map looks like.

    anyone has similar hopes for a game lobby map display?

    submitted by /u/delicious_me
    [link] [comments]

    Civ created with u/TheKrakenmeister 's amazing page. Meant to follow a theme, more than being good at something in particular. Theme: elves on horseback (tech tree in comments)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 11:29 PM PDT

    Great team demo hit by Bl4ck and ValeriaHuesca at the Castle Gala tournament

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    What is your favorite Team Bonus?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Lag/freeze issue since yesterday

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    Solution (for me): the game seems to be bloqued by Malwarebytes anti ransomware protection, disabling it works (from what I saw)

    Hello,

    I've had some strange issue since yesterday and i'm wondering if anyone has had the same/ can help me on it:

    It seems like my computer is frozen by the game every now and then, then the game catches up in time.

    I noticed that as I was streaming and it was freezing the whole stream (see the issue here), but my bitrate was always good and steady (checking through twitch and streamlab tools).

    I also did some games with a friend and bots and after a bunch of freezes I was delayed in game (so everything I was seeing already happened and every input was delayed, we went up to 3minutes of delay). I tried also offline against a bot alone and the freezes still happen and go worst as the game goes (but no delay, same as ranked).

    I tried to restart my computer, repair the game, restart my router, none of this worked.

    It seems like the game is too heavy for my PC but it started happening only yesterday and I didn't change anything on my PC. I have something like 1250 score on the performance test, so I shouldn't have much issue.

    Any idea of what causes this problem and how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Gugusteh
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2 DE on Windows 7

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    Hi,

    How do I get AoE2 DE to work on Win7 64bit without crashing?

    Don't tell me to upgrade to Windows 10 64bit. It's for my Dad and he has to play on Windows 7 64bit because that's evidently the only way his favourite game (Cossacks) will work.

    AoE2 DE seems to work but every now and again it will crash his whole PC.

    How can I fix this for him?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/-Caesar
    [link] [comments]

    Can either version of the soundtrack (Original and DE) be played on twitch?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    Title pretty much says it all, but I'm having a hard time finding any information on this

    Any help is appreciated ^^

    submitted by /u/whenisayhiyousayno
    [link] [comments]

    If Dante played AOE2 perhaps Purgatory would look something like this...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    Tatar Army Composition

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Do you prefer training Keshiks/HCA, or a Hussar/Steppe/HCA combo?

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment