• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 24, 2021

    Age of Empires II Please don't laugh, but breaking 1000 ELO made my really shitty week.

    Age of Empires II Please don't laugh, but breaking 1000 ELO made my really shitty week.


    Please don't laugh, but breaking 1000 ELO made my really shitty week.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    Viper: My transition to a Tournament host is complete. 23rd-25th of July. Weekend event. 5 digit prize pool. More details coming next week.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:48 AM PDT

    RB Wololo 4 Predictions

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    4 of 8 quarter finalists are decided at this point, (the group stage winners.) We won't know the other 4 until Friday evening. I'm wondering who of the 4, if any, you think will win the tournament.

    Vote Other if you think it maybe one the contenders for the remaining quarter-final spots: Jordan, Vinchester, Mbl, Villese, ACCM, dogao, DauT, Nicov.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/final_vill
    [link] [comments]

    Capoch's Build Orders Guide

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    Capoch's Build Orders Guide

    Hey everyone!

    The new build orders guide is available for Twitch subscribers! It contains more than 60 pages on how to improve your skills in Age of Empires 2!

    All you need to do to get the guide is subscribe to www.twitch.tv/capoch. Remember, if you have Amazon Prime or Prime Gaming, you can subscribe for free or if not, it costs 4.99USD.

    After subbing, you must join my discord channel (https://discord.gg/65NwUgz), go to discord connections in settings and sync your Twitch with your discord. You will then find a private channel in my discord called "build-order-guide" where you can download the guide. It comes in two languages (english and spanish) and the idea is to keep it fresh by adding new content every month (2 builds at least) so stay tunned!

    You can check more info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YKAgNtm4g

    Here are some sample pages of the guide. The cover page has a special father's day vibe. I hope it helps you improve and enjoy this wonderful game and sorry about this self-promotion post!

    Kind regards,

    Capoch.

    https://preview.redd.it/nhbfa5vic7771.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=94f48eac471d7deed39341cca5b11a93b8555df7

    https://preview.redd.it/tasdp5vic7771.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=45aa264502680a566209fe3dfa74693c1882565b

    https://preview.redd.it/tnvgynvic7771.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=893a6107c346fc2c58c6cf3ae9d0d345dc461b64

    https://preview.redd.it/07c52qvic7771.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=b3c2fdb975b7074e3d0254e1ce0b012121c46952

    submitted by /u/IamCapoch
    [link] [comments]

    An earthquake hit Peru last night and Hearttt was streaming when it happened

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Not a sight you see very often - all in militia on 15 mins! I wasn't paying attention because I was microing archers forward and lost like 11 vils. I burst out laughing when I saw it. Great strat.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 01:08 AM PDT

    What ELO’s would you classify all the AI difficulties at?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    Just curious what people think :)

    submitted by /u/DaBeastGeek
    [link] [comments]

    RBW4 Entreé - Villese vs Capoch BO5 Showmatch @12gmt today!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    Hey Reddit!

    If this post is less than 4 hours old you're in luck, because you haven't missed any of the action! We're starting map and civ draft analysis at 11gmt with games to kick off at 12gmt at twitch.tv/Helichaos.

    For more details read on below, I hope to see you there!

    This is the fifth episode of my challenger series and the contenders will be battling for the lion's share of the $100 PrizePool and the right to be invited back to face a future challenger!

    We've previously had Hoang, Zuppi, Slam and BacT contending, and now reigning champion Villese will face the returning legend Capoch!

    With the Red Bull Wololo 4 just around the corner this will be my first ever showmatch on the Empire Wars game mode, it will be using RBW4 semifinal settings, civ draft and maps.

    This is open streaming for anyone who wants, please just include the following on your stream:

    Title - includes !Showmatch A !showmatch Command with a link to my stream - https://www.twitch.tv/helichaos and that I'm hosting it

    PS. The PrizePool is currently at $100 USD, if you'd like to contribute 100% of donations through my twitch until end of the showmatch will go directly to the PrizePool.

    submitted by /u/TTV-HelichaosAOE
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody else feel that the Feitoria should be redesigned or replaced?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    TL;DR: Building whom's only function is as an boring inevitable "I win" button in 1v1 games that last longer than 60 minutes, whilst being near completely irrelevant in Team Games and all other situations in 1v1 matches. Should be redesigned so that Portuguese have an more interesting playstyle, and have an more balanced winrate overall on land maps.

    It only ever functions as an wonder-esq win condition in 1v1 Post-Imp games were resources have run out (Games usually end before this results on land maps, but it is an very consistent reality even at the high level on water maps, were resources are overall more scarce and Wood is incredibly valuable), whilst being near completely useless in Team Games and all other stages in the game in 1v1 matches. Compared to other unique buildings like the Bulgarians' Krepost or Sicillians Donjon, the Feitoria adds effectively very little in most matches outside of the previously mentioned use case.

    Additionally it also seems to be the primary reason why Portuguese stay painfully mediocre at all other stages in the game on land, as they are required to remain as such in order to prevent the Civ from becoming overpowered, as Portuguese theoretically have the best late-game out of all Civs (Gold Units are always overall better than Trash Units) due to the Feitoria.

    In terms of what the Feitoria could function as instead I'm not entirely sure, maybe as an more economically focused version of the Castle that's functions defensively as an middle ground between the Krepost and the Town Center, that's able to create its own villagers and function as an resource drop off point? Aslong as it's more dynamic and interesting at all points in the game, than it's current version I don't personally mind.

    The original Feitoria could always still remain in the Map Editor for Scenario/Map designers to use (Feitora Nothing Map when btw), and to prevent pre-existing scenarios that feature it from being broken.

    Evidence for my points for those who are interested:

    https://aoestats.io/civ/Portuguese/RM_1v1/1650+ (Notice how their winrate is sub 47.5%, until it spikes up exponentially post 30-40 minutes at all ELO ranges)

    https://youtu.be/XwvjS5OrJSw?t=2191 (Portuguese vs Vietnamese HC4 Finals match on Islands, were Feitorias eventually decide the game. There are also numerous other replays of high level games on water maps with Portuguese, that end in an similar manner)

    submitted by /u/Borreload_Dragon
    [link] [comments]

    Potential Bohemians and Poles civ icons? (Source: the Argentinian guy "The Manko")

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    Please do something against Alt+F4 - Petition?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    as many of you may have read in the last weeks on this very subreddit, Queue-quitting is getting out of hand. In the past I never had this problem before but just right now I couldn't find a game 7times in a row (literally). I don't know if this is due to the current map pool, but my 1v1 Elo ~1200 should have enough players to find a game and play it.

    I for one like the variety of maps and the amount of bans that we currently have. Since I usually play team games with a teammate the low number of bans of you queue alone does not affect me as much. Changing maps for the pool also have a positive impact, including some classics like Arabia and Arena is helpful as well. The first two options are things that have been posted regularly in the past.

    My third option is a really harsh way of dealing with this topic. Maybe this would lead to people smurfing more easily. I don't know the exact reason why some people drop some queues, maybe someone can give an insight.

    Do you have another idea how to fix this issue? I don't play similar games, so I don't know how this problem is managed in other games.

    With your help I want to reach the devs to propose a change that hopefully improves the situation. Even though I'm quite sure that devs are reading this, I think it is useful to send a mail and contact them on as many channels as possible.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Trago12
    [link] [comments]

    Campaign difficulty

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 04:11 AM PDT

    So I haven't really seen a recent answer on this. I have been wondering about the difficulty of the campaigns. I did the Lords of The West campaigns. but I have heard they were ery easy compared to the rest. I've heard that the Vietnamese campaign in particular was very difficult, and am a little intimidated by the Cuman campaign more for the nurfing the civ went through. Are any of the campaigns too difficult for the typical casual aoe player?

    submitted by /u/DoomOtter
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with mods (gone)

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    So I went for a game this morning, and suddenly I had huge trees, a tiny mini map and so on... I figured I was somehow caught by surprise by a new update, but when the game was over and I went to the mod menu to reactivate stuff, it turned out that I still had some of them activated, yet over half of my mods were just... gone. As if I had unsubscribed. Anyone else with the same problem?

    This is pretty annoying, especially considering I probably had about 15-20 activated, so it's gonna take a while to even remember what all of them were.

    Edit: I was playing just yesterday at night, so the problem occurred between then and now.

    submitted by /u/lagost4
    [link] [comments]

    Best Custom Campaigns

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    I mainly play for the Historic Battles, Campaigns, and Comp Stomping, not really into the Multiplayer aspect. Are there any really good custom built campaigns out there?

    submitted by /u/Styvan01
    [link] [comments]

    Who is Age's best teacher streamer?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    For me, I learn more from St4rk. He explains every move he is making and why. In addition, it gives tips on how to position yourself in a particular match up, as well as based on your map. It's not among the top 20 best players in the world, but it sure has a lot of quality and helps viewers with their explanations.

    And who do you learn the most from?

    submitted by /u/LioValiant
    [link] [comments]

    What's Your Favourite Non-Meta/Non-Rotation Map?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    Personally, I love Bogland. Start with only tower and a mill, and have to ultra-farm a bunch of piggies found in some labyrinthine wasteland is hecking cool. No room for farms or regular building defences due to the wets. The map is dark as heck because of the treelines so it's hard to scout and wall up. It challenges all the normal build orders and forces people to adapt.

    Bogland5Eva

    submitted by /u/TheRhythmce
    [link] [comments]

    Out of sync

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 02:42 AM PDT

    Hey guys. Had 3 games in a row that automatically disconnected me as soon as the game started. Getting an error about being out of sync? Anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Yo_Eddie
    [link] [comments]

    All those "... Iaaaaaoooogh!"

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    Occasional freeze while playing the game during Online RM [Not in campaigns]

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Here is the issue:

    - I play online multiplayer games, some are extremely smooth while some games are very frustrating to play. The symptoms are:

    - It is jittery AF while i toggle through control groups. For instance, i hit hotkey to go to scout and it takes 1-2 seconds to move there. there is literally a freeze and then it happens

    - i click on builder to make a foundation and it takes the same freeze to actually build a foundation.

    - When i play in campaigns or against AI, there is absolutely no lag whatsoever. So it seems to me like a DE issue while playing online.

    I am connected to internet via LAN , In the games which lag, i often have about 40 ms ping/60fps so it does not seem to be a ping issue to me. Is this due to to DE being bad design codewise or some issue on my end?
    Does anyone else suffer this problem?

    submitted by /u/suhaschintala
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with the Mod of SOTL OP Cics (from Krakenmeister). I subscribed to the Mod, but it does not show the names of the civilization and the tech trees. But when I start the game the newly created civilization is loaded. Any ideas?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    Sudden popularity of all-in feudal tower rush + units

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    Did some pro recently do a spectacular all-in tower rush with all kinds of units? Or did I miss a recent patch? Recently a lot of my opponents go forward with a shit ton of villagers, forward production buildings and full on unit production. I either get overrun, or I defend, counterattack, and have a massive eco advantage.

    I've noticed certain trends in the past (celt eat tc, inca villager rush,...), so did I miss something?

    submitted by /u/drakekengda
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the best site or app to keep track of such stats. This is just a random app i found on the playstore when i searhced age of empires.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    Help with Krakenmeister's Civ Mod

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    I did everything as seen in SOTL's video, I see the right flags, but I can't see the right names for the "new civs". So Exodia is still called Franks and the bonusses are aswell the bonusses for Franks. I activated the Data Mod before the game, resetted it after I subscribed to the mod. What could it be? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/aramsamsamuel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment