• Breaking News

    Monday, July 19, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 Minutemen

    Age of Empires 3 Minutemen


    Minutemen

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    Since Marines are an improved minuteman, they don't allow healing from a medic.

    But since Marines, have a non-dissipating health, I feel they should be healable too.

    Well really, why aren't any minutemen healable? I mean medic should stop degradation.

    submitted by /u/chaython
    [link] [comments]

    Are you sure about that

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    Sweden OP - Read before Downvoting

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    Sweden is completely broken and everybody knows it.

    I'm top 200, went blind Uhlans against Sweden because I just troll against them now knowing that no matter what I do, how much I outplay them, they'll have a far better eco and their one-unit gg trump card. I know that in melee mode Carroleans don't actually put up much of a fight against cav and in much smaller numbers (although their uncalled for 30% melee resist helps a ton), so I figured - why not?

    Guess what? He aged late, and he went blind HUSSAR. I took out 2 settlers very early, and then had very favorable engagements against his hussar mass with my Uhlans (I had 7 Uhlans to his 3 huss in the first engagement as an example).

    I proceeded to take out three more settlers at coin mines with cav, delaying further torps and taking out eco in the process.

    He kept on making huss, and I kept on counter-raiding in more favorable engagements. All this time I ignored torps because his villagers were much easier prey, and I protected all of mine. Despite my efforts and clear outmaneuvering, his Hussar mass actually kept growing and eventually numbered equal or greater than my Uhlan mass, and I had to pull back and get dopps. Which I did, and took out most of his huss and started to take out torps at around the 10 minute mark.

    Mind you I sent 3 SW and 700c in age 2 as my first 2 cards and had a forward stable, I didn't sacrifice eco but took his out despite not sending unit cards right away, so my payoff from eco was supposed to have been well worth it.

    And get this - all this time, he didn't make a single carrolean, the hard-counter to the Uhlan mass, but he went ahead and aged, got 2 falconets, and eventually came in with exactly 50 vet carroleans + 2 falconets, to my 8 remaining Uhlan and 9 dopps.

    My eco by the end was 20k resources, his was 23k.

    He very clearly got severely outplayed, made several mistakes, which I promptly punished and reacted to, had very poor success with his raids and even lost cav to mine during them instead. In the last minute before he moved his entire army into my base, I took out 6 settlers in a raid.

    And yet he won, with flying colors.

    He didn't outmacro or outmicro me at all, he didn't "simply do better". He just picked the far better civ, even if he had 20 less carroleans in that last engagement he would have still won and kept pumping out units.

    If I hit his torps, he would have massed up more torps and kept all of his villagers all the same. The solution to simply "hit torps hard" doesn't actually hold up. If you hit the torps with heavy infantry, carroleans beat muskets head to head and crush pikemen. If you decide to hit them with xbows/light infantry, their siege is way too little to count. If they engage your xbows with carroleans, you might be able to get good trades if they mismicro and you perfect yours. But they're just buying time so you don't siege their torp down and they can keep laying down torps elsewhere.

    Carroleans need a base attack reduction across the board for siege, ranged attack, and melee attack by 1. The charge cooldown needs to be increased to 120s instead of 90s. Torps need to cost 5 more wood (140w) and generate all resources 5% slower. And lastly, Svea lifeguard needs to increase HP by 20% only. These are all small but much-needed nerfs that we can work with and see if it smooths things out, but if it doesn't then the devs should not be afraid to nerf them as needed.

    It's as clear as Meta Knight being completely broken in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Many were in denial but it turned out to be fact.

    submitted by /u/PositivelyUnderstand
    [link] [comments]

    Free United States dissapeared

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    Hello lads. I restarted the option menu and it not only reset all my decks but also lost the ability to play the USA. I unlocked it by doing the challenges, but now it doesn't appear anywhere. Thx for ant help.

    submitted by /u/ITz_Saiyan
    [link] [comments]

    What are the most underrated things in AoE3?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    I'm curious what people's thoughts are here - what are the most underrated things in Age of Empires 3? I think there are two big things:

    1. Native Settlements
    2. Livestock

    Native settlements provide some OP level stuff - first off they can provide a unit that your civ doesn't have, and second they have buffs like cav training time, extra villagers, and shipment level increases to attack and hitpoints. Oh and their units don't take up pop space!

    Livestock gather so fast it's crazy. Sure it's somewhat micro intensive and takes a while to get going but you wind up having 20 vills on food and 80 on gold, it's that crazy fast. I've had treaty games where I out-gathered superior late game civs simply by building a few livestock pens.

    So what are your most underrated things in Age of Empires 3? What should we take a second look at implementing into our strategies?

    So there's no confusion here, I'm around 1250 elo in 1v1 maining the USA.

    submitted by /u/AssertiveWall
    [link] [comments]

    Resetting civ progress.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a weird error where I have never played Ottoman and ywt home city level is 130. Also some of the othwr homw cities - say british is 101 but only played against AI and I am a noob player but with that high level people will kick me out of regular lobbies!

    Was thinking to reset civ levels, is there an easy way to do it?

    submitted by /u/arrhythmia10
    [link] [comments]

    Discovery age cards for the USA

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Hey guys I'm a French player and trying to learn the USA Which immigration cards do you suggest in 1v1s and any other cards should I have in my deck in the first age Order of sending cards would also be helpful :)

    submitted by /u/Jackie_ChanAOE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment