• Breaking News

    Monday, July 26, 2021

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Decay

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    A 20 minute 4v4 match

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    Can't break the laws of physics if they haven't been discovered yet

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    Ten reasons why you should play 1v1 instead of ranked teamgames

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    1) Queue times are shorter.

    2) Gameplay and viable units are more varied.

    3) Disconnects are much rarer.

    4) Ranked 1v1 matchmaking works while teamgame elo is a joke.

    5) Toxic teammates don't 'gg NoOB TeAm' everyone.

    6) ALT+F4 is much rarer.

    7) More civ variety (less Britons/Franks/Mayans picking)

    8) You will get better at the game faster.

    9) On Arena the enemy pocket doesn't Cuman boom and springboard his Goth flank who rapes and pillages you.

    10) Teammates don't quit and wreck the game for everyone.

    submitted by /u/Odysseus7754
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Viper for hosting the old classic.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    It's a shame how the final ended. But overall a wonderful tournament.

    submitted by /u/cookieongo
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciation for The Open Classic

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    Congratulations to yo, liereyy and tatoh for toc. Congratulations to chrazini, ornulu and viper for delivering an amazing tournament (as per liquidpedia. Congrats to others as well behind the scenes. T West?)
    There were a few mishaps starting with Hera's absence which was felt and some technical issues here and there but i loved the few games i could watch, mainly tati's semis set vs yo. I'll watch the later sets now and any other sets that fellow community members recommend (my eye is on vinch-vivi and Jordan-vivi). I'll remember toc for tati's impressive performance!

    submitted by /u/csgonemes1s
    [link] [comments]

    the guy must have a point.. at 700 upvotes the imba team must be true..

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    What is the best taunt in AOE2?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    My favorites are: 11 30 24 7 105

    In that order

    submitted by /u/PoopLord69722
    [link] [comments]

    Krakenmeister's Custom Civbuilder

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 11:20 PM PDT

    What do you guys think of the custom civ mod? Are you using it a lot or mostly multiplayer? Any groups doing drafts and team games amongst friends?

    In case anyone doesn't know yet: krakenmeister.com/civbuilder

    submitted by /u/Mr_Argblah
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between unranked and quick play

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    Could anyone tell me the difference? I mean quick play is also unranked. Or am I mistaken?

    submitted by /u/No-Kaleidoscope-5056
    [link] [comments]

    How do people usually share recordings?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    Hey, I have searched a ton without success. How do you share recordings usually? I have figured out how to download the file but I am not sure how to share it easily.

    submitted by /u/AgitatedBarracuda268
    [link] [comments]

    "this isn't the sims"?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:02 PM PDT

    I got the game yesterday and obv I'm trash. I tried a casual 2v2 today and my teammate randomly started roasting me in chat and wrote "this isn't the sims" before resigning. But what does that even mean? I had like 30 army guys and an equal amount of villagers

    submitted by /u/-_-________________
    [link] [comments]

    Least Favorite Unit by Looks Alone?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 09:03 AM PDT

    Straight up, I hate Skimishers. They look so silly to me and I never like having them as part of my army.

    submitted by /u/Assist_Alive
    [link] [comments]

    99.9% Failed Upgrade No Good.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    How do my friends and I win 3v3 against Hard AI?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    So my friends and I love playing aoe2 cooperative, FFA and even sometimes 2v2 where one of us gets an AI on our teams and stuff...

    So while we 3 played cooperative, we've won many formats like 3v5 Moderate, even 3v2 Hard was alright... But then came 3v3 Hard AI... And for some reason it's becoming a mammoth task to win even once...

    So we're playing in this map called Rivers, just to add to the fun, and we started to make more serious strategies to have a better chance... We decided that whoever gets the pocket position should boom ASAP to prepare a strong navy to support either player on his sides... And he chose Koreans so that it's easier to drop towers due to the stone bonus and to hold the ground with Turtle Ships...

    I chose the Incas as I'm kinda decent with them, I usually transition from Feudal Archers to Xbow/Eagles and try a mini siege + xbow/eagle rush towards end of castle/early imperial...

    So usually by end of feudal we wall up the marshy area to avoid land attacks, and this time we 3 were kinda determined to bring the AI down...

    So as much as I tried to not make mistakes, some really small ones did happen such as planting my castle in a hurry... which had no gaps with the walls and my troops had to be garrisoned everytime to actually move around... And some bugged map spawns thanks to which I didn't have enough gold to last me during Imperial Age... So I had to train a lot of trash troops towards mid Imperial Age...

    Initially the AI built some swarm of docks all really near me, so I took it to my advantage and sent Trebs to take down over 40 of his buildings, and even held ground for a really long long time, and even tried mini raids during early Imperial... I was constantly training Fire Ships, and even a lot of Slingers, as the AI sent Champions, I also trained Kamayuks as they fight through walls and I held off many Hussars the AI sent that way... Later when the gold crunch started I sent my villagers to mine gold off of my friend's mine...

    And we all seemed happy with our defense as the AI finally took a pause in attacking us, In fact I even raided the AI during this moment hoping to win something with my 30 Eagles, but seemingly they couldn't make it as far as I hoped they would...

    But my main problem? Something made things even worse, all of a sudden, all 3 Hard AIs started targetting my walls, and my friends were meanwhile economically recovering from their defense and were still training troops... and so it became impossible for me to defend all 3 armies with one army and especially considering I only had to train trash troops and a small number of fire ships...

    My friend did send 5-6 Turtle Ships but it was too late by then... And I wouldn't blame him as he was also beginning to train a fresh army after a big attack and defense....

    Then finally they broke through, it was disgusting and then we had to resign... The stats said how hard I fended off the AI, I killed over 500 troops and razed over 50 Buildings, and the only thing I believe that cost me was my bad frontline castle placement...

    It was horrible, I tried so hard this time, I can really survive 1v1 against the Hard AI, but for some reason we 3 friends are unable to win 3v3 Hard, one of my friends is as good as I am, and the other guy is just 3 weeks into aoe but plays quite decent for a start (a little more noob than me and my other friend I'd say)

    I know everyone says offense is the best way to fight the Hard AI, but with the AI's continuous stream of troops, it becomes hard to even go for some offensive lines...

    Should I have just massed scorpions/onagers/arbalesters near my gate to end his massive army swarm? What could I have done? And in general how do we manage to win this 3v3 Hard AI?

    Thanks
    KPK

    submitted by /u/UAForever21
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a Fast Imp strategy for Cumans that takes advantage of the Feudal Siege Workshop?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    I've only really seen Cumans player aggressively or as a boom civ but I'm curious to see if there's a strategy that can save the construction time from the Workshop to advance to Imp faster. My gut says no, especially since unlike some fast Imp civs like Turks, Malay, and Portuguese, Cumans don't have gunpowder, so I'm wondering what the payoff would be, if that makes sense. But hey, figured I'd ask!

    submitted by /u/ReachIsTheBestHalo
    [link] [comments]

    TG maners when facing new players

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:15 AM PDT

    So with the new empire wars ladder I have gotten quite many unbalanced matches, mainly where the enemy team members are hundreds of 1v1 elo below me. When you notice that with the first feudal engagement I usually just kill a few vills and whatever army they have and then booms to some cool comp unless team mates need help.

    Quite many team mates get salty about this thought even if we are waaaayyy ahead thought. What is the correct way according to you, noobstomp the poor guy for a minute 15 gg or let the flanks defeat their own opponents with some help if needed?

    submitted by /u/jadaMaa
    [link] [comments]

    imperial age scorpions

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Let's talk about the viability of the scorpion.

    In castle age, they are quite a common and useful unit! They are by far the cheapest siege weapon, and they are extremely effective at dealing with with both archers and CA. Compared to the mango, their damage is much harder to avoid, and they have +1 pierce armor, meaning that CA do half as much damage to them as they do to mangos. All in all, they are an enormously effective unit against castle age arrow units.

    However, you rarely ever see them after castle age. There are two reasons for this:

    1) getting absolutely obliterated by onagers and bbc 2) the insane cost of their heavy scorpion upgrade

    Reason 1 should stay the way it is for balance reasons. However, I see no reason for the heavy scorpion upgrade to cost over 1000 wood and food each; it is so prohibitively expensive to even attempt to use heavy scorpions. On top of that upgrade, they also need siege engineers and chemistry to achieve their peak efficacy.

    I would propose that the heavy scorpion upgrade be lowered to somewhere in the range of 700 food and 600 wood, comparable to the cost of siege engineers. That total cost is equivalent to the total cost of capped + siege ram, so the scorpion's upgrade cost would be right in line with its fellow siege unit.

    submitted by /u/IhaveSonar
    [link] [comments]

    Mr Yo breaks in to LaN's base in style [Highlight]

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    First scenario on Atilla the Hun

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    I'm not so great at the game. I cannot for the life of me get past the first scenario of this campaign. I'll build up a bit and then the Persians (?) Start going crazy on me. Any tips?

    ETA: I play on the easiest mode.

    submitted by /u/lisaloo1991
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment