• Breaking News

    Friday, July 2, 2021

    Age of Empires II Suuure, let me just boom a little

    Age of Empires II Suuure, let me just boom a little


    Suuure, let me just boom a little

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    Brand New Player ��

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    So I just got the game the other day (boyfriend loves it, trying to get good enough to play with him and his brothers) and so far I'm loving it. I mean, I'm not good by any means but I think I'm decent, I've won games against standard AI and even one against a moderate AI the other day (yay!). I've read a lot of posts here about tips for new players and watched alot of videos too and it's been super helpful :)

    Basically, just wanted to introduce myself to the sub and say hey 😋

    submitted by /u/DontYellAtMeImSoft
    [link] [comments]

    me and 2 friends of mine decided to end a 3 hour game by deciding the winner in an arena.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    Cries in Obi-Wan

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    AoE II buildings in Conan Exiles.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    AoE II buildings in Conan Exiles. submitted by /u/Aoyaibaba
    [link] [comments]

    Wololooo

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Don't buff the incan civ directly, buff the llama instead.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 06:45 PM PDT

    There's this urban legend that the llama gets more line of sight than a sheep. I don't think that's true.

    Either way, buff the llamma. Make it faster, more line of sight, have more food. Seomthing. Good way to indirectly buff the civ and it would fit with their "quick start" identity.

    submitted by /u/Curious_Rice6402
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else like playing non-arabia more than arabia?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    Maybe it's because I got my start playing arena, but for me playing arabia 4 out of 5 matches or so gets boring. Lately I've been banning arabia just so I can get a rotation of other maps - I've gotten a bunch of land nomad the past couple days and I'm having a blast! If I wanted to really work on upping my game it's probably be better to keep playing arabia and practice, but I enjoy the change of pace getting a new map each game and having to adjust to it.

    submitted by /u/OLTARZEWSKT1
    [link] [comments]

    I haven’t played a more satisfying game in a long time

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    I'm new, just playing some campaigns and against bots not brave enough for ranked or 1v1's, but I haven't played a game where I lose and actually wonder why I lost or what I could do different, or if there is any tactics I should use, I've got to a decently high rank in CSGO and ow but I've never been committed to them or want to learn as much as I do with age.

    I got into AoE by watching The_Viper and the community just seemed great .

    What a great game and it's amazing to see how much it's still played.

    submitted by /u/bigwillyhaver98
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone heard from Spirit of the Law after the Layton fire?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    In his last video he mentioned being from Layton, Bc. For those who are unaware a fire is currently threatening the town and people are being evacuated. I am not aware if he has a discord/twitter that he uses to communicate so I wanted to check here to see if anyone has heard from him and make sure he's OK

    submitted by /u/therealazores
    [link] [comments]

    Incredibly specific meme about losing a free-for-all with my brothers

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    LidaKor calling Nili budget Viper multiple times in his series vs BacT made me come up with this atrocity

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    I resist to urge to be making Cavaliers, but I do anyways.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    Aztecs vs cav civs

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I've had a lot of success playing aztecs vs archer civs ( drush into spam eagles basically and kill in castle age), but against cav civs I struggle to be aggressive because kts rek eagles in castle age. I have tried mixing in pikes and monks but then upgrade costs mean I am behind on tcs. I open 5 maa to kill scouts and wall or drush, which works pretty well, but in castle age I tend to struggle. could archers be a viable solution? 3tcs with monk defense? I really don't know. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Wololowarrior_273
    [link] [comments]

    The new AoE2:DE Main Menu vs the AoE2 Original Main Menu background. Why fix something that wasn't broken? Bring back the old main menu background as the default background.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    The new AoE2:DE Main Menu vs the AoE2 Original Main Menu background. Why fix something that wasn't broken? Bring back the old main menu background as the default background.

    Edit: In this post, I'm mostly talking about the background design, not the UI.

    I know I'm a bit late to the party as the game is out for some years now, but every damn time I see the new main menu in media, I get quite depressed.

    Whoever made the decision to replace the old main menu.... Why?
    I admit it might be just my nostalgia talking, but the old AoE2 main menu simply had some aura of mystery and uniqueness about it. The clickable shields were also interesting. Why "fix" something that clearly wasn't broken? For decades we've been looking at that main menu and now we're looking at this bland cartoon:

    https://preview.redd.it/13q2pkajrn871.jpg?width=690&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ffcdb9c3d73da232d5bc98157663b57893bc0721

    How is that an improvement of this?

    https://preview.redd.it/kfboxd9urn871.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=baf19b7be92b57aa0cde77f7cdae25db988bd4d7

    Now I'm not saying the old main menu was 100% perfect and there was no room for improvement. Of course there was, but the ideal solution would be to use the same street, enhance it with modern graphics, maybe reflavour it completely and build upon that, you know? Respect the old stuff and built upon what you've got - especially when it's already good.

    Something like this, but make it official and default:

    https://preview.redd.it/dai2hy3vsn871.jpg?width=1917&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=169df01ba46d36d70210e36988380418803fd915

    The old street looks far better than what we've got right now.

    What are your thoughts and ideas?

    submitted by /u/NativeEuropeas
    [link] [comments]

    Turned up in my recommended today. Ironic :)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    Help me find a mod: Easily distinguishable edge of map

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    How am I supposed to beat Saladin campaign 5?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    Noob player here.

    So, i was having a lot of fun playing the Beginning of the saladin campaign, it was not that hard and actually fun to play.

    But then i got to the Jihad mission, where i need to destroy 2 of 3 enemies.

    And it just feels impossible, cause I start with barely nothing, and they just raid me with massive armies, and when i try to defend myself to get some resources, they go and build a Wonder.

    And I can't destroy it cause the army protecting it is just so overpowered against mine that even if i build a camels army (which is counter to knights i guess) they just obliterate everything I throw at them.

    It was a fun challenge but now is only getting annoying.

    Anyone can help me win this? Please.

    submitted by /u/ArthurNeedHelp
    [link] [comments]

    Trying reddit fun strats - Part 1 (Warning: Low Level Gameplay)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    Ninja Updates post June review

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    Around the same time they're taking servers off line for maintenance, 2 days in a row over the past week there have been ninja updates of 40mb or more, which for the life of me, I cannot find anywhere (here on r/aoe, steem, official site).

    Any of you fancy modders/analysts (like you sir twest) have an idea what they updated/patched?

    Bitte

    submitted by /u/MChashsCrustyVag
    [link] [comments]

    When is the update supposed to come out?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    Am I missing something? I can't wait anymore, this is causing me anxiety attacks.

    AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

    submitted by /u/Physical-Marzipan253
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else getting frequent stuttering and outright crashes in ranked right now?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 09:41 PM PDT

    This only started happening to me in the last week strangely enough, but the lag wrecks my micro and the crashes obviously suck.

    submitted by /u/hawtfabio
    [link] [comments]

    am i just dumb or is the art of war meant to be impossible to finish with medals?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    iv spent an hour on naval battle and battle formations and i cant even get fucking bronze on either

    am i just mentally retarded and too ADD for this game or is it supposed to this hard?

    no matter how much i follow the intro videos and understand my counters the enemy just wipe out my forces well im basically throwing foam darts at them

    any assistance would be amazing

    submitted by /u/jkbscopes312
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Tip 1: Attack Move Archer Micro - Survivalist (5 min vid, worth the watch)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Having terrible performance issues with AOE2DE

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've been having terrible performance issues playing this game lately and was wondering if anyone had something similar and if they were able to fix it.

    First of all, playing off of steam.

    When playing both online and in single player, the game starts off fine. However, it starts lagging drastically around the time I hit feudal age. Talking terrible framerate. After some time, my screen simply stops working. The computer is still working and I still hear the music playing, but the screen is completely black. I need to restart the PC if I want to get anything done.

    Does anyone have/had the same problem as me? It's very weird because:

    1. Can't be connection since it happens in single player
    2. Game starts off very smooth but lags over time, before crashing.

    I updated my video drivers, which didn't improve anything.

    submitted by /u/OuiEtCestPossible
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment