• Breaking News

    Monday, November 15, 2021

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 04:00 AM PST

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Online players - AOE2 vs AOE4

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 02:19 AM PST

    So this just happend to me... Does anyone know what he/she (blue) meant?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 07:48 AM PST

    AoE II DE works great on the new Macs!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 06:59 PM PST

    The game requires a lot of focus - will that change as I get better?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 06:54 AM PST

    I'm not a heavy gamer at all. I like chess, which I'm decent at. I hardly play much else., but the things that I play don't require a lot of focus. Like, I'll play while watching some Netflix on the side, which is relaxing after a day of work. Online chess is the same, I'll just play a quick game spontaneously while waiting for the bus or when I'm bored. I'm usually only half aware.

    Recently I have rediscovered AoE 2 and it captured my attention. I love watching stuff on YouTube, and I like the idea of the game and want to play. However, I played about an hour last month. I just feel like the game requires so much focus. There are so many things going on that I cannot do anything else while I'm playing, and it is the opposite of relaxing (unless I play against an AI that I can beat).

    I usually don't feel like investing a lot of mental energy on a game in the evening. So the question is: does that feeling that playing is game is draining rather than relaxing change as I get better and develop some routines, or will it stay that way? What is your experience?

    submitted by /u/CynicOctopus
    [link] [comments]

    I can't believe I did this in a ranked game ��, using boar to inflict damage to a vill

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 08:30 PM PST

    Strangest loss excuse I've heard yet: "Your trush only worked because I wasn't ready."

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 03:42 PM PST

    I did not cheat, but I can't get the medal from Prithviraj 4 which prevents me to get achievement from completing the campaign. Any of you that experienced this same issue? Any solutions?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 07:18 AM PST

    New Player - my ranked experience (please play ranked it's fun!)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 06:30 PM PST

    So I watched a few Spirit videos, and he encouraged me to play ranked a bit because even if I'm not good, the ELO rankings mean that you will get matched up with people of similar skillsets over time.

    So I started playing ranked.

    I lost 9 games. But everyone was really great about it. I in chat always said hello, and told them it was my first week playing ranked.

    You can ban maps you don't like (I hate arena and Arabia, I like the unconventional maps) and favourite maps you do want to play, and you usually play it!

    Everyone has been really nice, apart from one guy.

    But one rude person in 25 is pretty good!

    My first win, a guy went AFK after I defended against a tower rush. I didn't really count that as a win because I watched the replay, he could have thumped me, I think something happened at home. (850 ELO)

    My second win was against a person who was obviously MUCH better than 780 ELO, but he was extremely friendly, and had a message which was to not worry and to just play for fun. He resigned after flattening my base and talking with me. (Thanks man, but I'm trying to get to an ELO where I have a 50/50 chance of winning)

    My third win was the one I consider most legitimate. On islands, I played Vikings, fast castled, went heavy on wood and gold, pumped out a bunch of Longboats and killed his navy. He resigned because he had immediately lost water control. On the replay I saw that he had virtually no food income, so I was legitimately too far ahead.

    It's very fun, everyone is nice, there's a huge variety of maps, most people play the map.

    It's very cool

    submitted by /u/Lavabass
    [link] [comments]

    DauT jumping out of a plane

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 09:29 AM PST

    Who are the worst civs on popular maps?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 09:19 AM PST

    I feel like you see lots of positive rankings - best arabia, best hybrid, best water, best closed etc - but I'm sort of interested in the really stinking options for some of the popular maps. The ones where you know you have to try some sort of whacky strat or crazy aggression to get anywhere at all, especially if someone has civ picked a strong civ. I'm especially interested in some of the more unusual maps as I don't always get to play them often enough to get a feel for the meta. Socotra, Golden Swamp, MegaRandom etc.

    submitted by /u/Snikhop
    [link] [comments]

    Space tech taking inspiration from Trebuchet?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 06:02 AM PST

    Strange bug i have found regards farms

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 02:57 AM PST

    I have noticed this issue since forever.

    Enable automatically rebuild farms on the mill

    Save the game

    Load the game again

    Rebuild farms will have to be re-enabled again

    Not a massive bug but annoying :)

    submitted by /u/thisiscotty
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone try AoE2 with Windows 11?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 07:48 AM PST

    Does it work ok? Any other issue with Windows 11? Deciding whether should I upgrade the OS or not.

    submitted by /u/ysfsd
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Empires II New DLC?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 10:07 PM PST

    Is there anything official about any possible upcoming DLC for AoE II Definitive Edition?

    submitted by /u/lostinangband
    [link] [comments]

    What's stopping you from recommending AOE2:DE to others? (Poll)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 06:42 AM PST

    While I try to tell almost everyone I know who is into gaming about AOE2 I've come to realise it's a little too niche & complicated for most to appreciate at first glance. There are some concerns regarding AOE2's learnability, as /u/Ranulf13 stated in my last poll;

    "If a game requires youtube videos to ''learn'' the basic start of the game... there might be massive issues with the game and how it has developed over the years."

    However when introducing a game like AOM to my friends seem to have no problem playing it since it's easier play without experiencing information overload, they like the scenarios/campaigns & also seem to prefer the cartoonish artstyle/graphics.

    Twitch was always a useful reference point for my friends when trying to justify why they should check it out, but now AOE2 has fallen from being one of the top 25 most watched twitch games to now barely in the top 200 & rapidly declining.

    The proscene also does not seem to entice my friends, they're far more interested in massive LOTR-esque battles which is ironically what I've been using as motivation for them to play AOE2 or simply narrating my own 300p games going into great detail of how stressful yet satisfying it is to play while pros tend to make everything look very easy & 'boring'

    I love the game & wish more people would play it, but with the spotlight on AOE4 we're seeing AOE2 lose significant ground/popularity on both twitch & youtube, making it harder for potential new players to stumble upon this amazing game.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Aoe2Stroll
    [link] [comments]

    Spanish rework

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Currently, the Spanish civ is a mess, with poor Feudal-Castle transitions, an eco bonus that has almost no effect before Castle age (50 gold in late Feudal), and a complete reliance on their castle UU, an RNG cavalry unit, to do anything in the castle age.

    I don't believe this style of play has aged well. Would you be in support of a rework to update the civ?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Parrotparser7
    [link] [comments]

    I killed my own castle with my mangonel

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 04:40 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment