• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 30, 2021

    Age of Empires II Relic giving FE a run for their money

    Age of Empires II Relic giving FE a run for their money


    Relic giving FE a run for their money

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:10 AM PST

    "Grandpa, why does the village have a statue of a catapult in the town square?"

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 10:33 AM PST

    Be honest, are custom lobbies labeled "NOOBS ONLINE" a trap for new players like myself ��

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 08:53 AM PST

    I joined one last night, and I'm extremely new but I had 2 teams fast castling outside of my base well under the 20-minute mark LOL

    Edit: Just to clarify so I don't get down voted into oblivion. I just picked up the game a few days ago because of KotD tournament on twitch and the autumn sale on steam. I know and am prepared for being trash at this game for probably many many hours. I just thought it was hilarious and maybe an inside joke within the community to label games as "NOOBS ONLY" 😂

    submitted by /u/Zhawk1992
    [link] [comments]

    What did the The Burmese unique unit say just before destroying the siege ram?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 02:47 PM PST

    A-ram-bye.

    submitted by /u/abhijeet14antin
    [link] [comments]

    Month 5: Burmese (Analysis in Comments)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:18 AM PST

    Is there a mod that brings the aoe2 corpses in to aoe2de

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:58 PM PST

    You have unlimited numbers of one type of resources, one building and one unit with unlimited pop cap. What do you choose?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:38 AM PST

    Hoanged for the First Time

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:46 PM PST

    Hoanged for the First Time

    Got Hoanged for the first time today. Super fun game. Chatted with Hoang Jr. after I resigned and told him this might go to Reddit. If you are reading this, brother, awesome game. That was the mot fun I've ever had while getting my butt kicked. Hope to run into you again.

    https://preview.redd.it/91cftitvvt281.png?width=1403&format=png&auto=webp&s=e7c41f8ed1fc63a10d06562baa694eda6850c52e

    submitted by /u/SirStefan32
    [link] [comments]

    I want to love Burgundians but they confuse me.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:06 PM PST

    Top 5 Arb + Siege push civs on closed maps

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 08:26 AM PST

    Hi all! With this thread I end my Arbalester + Siege civs series. This time, I'm focusing on closed maps (mainly Arena). Early game eco bonuses become a bit less important, but mid-game bonuses gain importance. In this case, the availability of Bombard Cannons has been given a higher relevance. As it happened with open maps, there were many candidates for the list, and again I have tried to weigh the pros and cons of each of the civs. Ethiopians, Italians, Koreans, Portuguese, Saracens and Vietnamese (especially this last one) didn't make it to the list, but by a very close margin. You can argue for any of them to be on the top5, tbh. I start with number 5:

    5th - Byzantines: Along with their fast Imperial into Monks and Trebs potential, Byzantines can surprise with a good Arb + Siege Ram push with their Imperial Age advance discount, which also gives time and saves resources to research the Arbalester upgrade and Chemistry for BBC. This civ is one of those you won't want to face in late game, and the need for an aggressive playstyle can put a big pressure on the opponent. A late switch into Cataphracts + BBC + any counter to what your enemy decides to use against you (Halbs or Camels against Cavalry, Skirms against foot Archers, and any of them against Cav Archers) will deal the ending blow to the opponent, although a mix of the three discounted units with siege could also be enough.

    4th - Bohemians: One of the top civs on Arena, maybe they are made for a slower push (especially Pike + Siege), but, for a civ with Chemistry available in Castle Age, all mining techs for free and Halbs who shoo any mounted unit or Hussite Wagons who laugh at enemy range and protect fellow ranged units, we can't underestimate the strength of an Arb + Siege push. The things that draw me back from ranking them higher are the strength of their Pike + Siege push, Arbs not being FU, Siege Ram not being available or their strongest siege unit (Houfnice) being locked behind a costly upgrade.

    3rd - Khmer: This civ doesn't feature the building requirements, which can lead to a straight +0 pop Dark to Castle Age advance. If we add up their freedom farms, Khmer can unintentionally boom into Imperial and overwhelm the opponent with Arbs, Siege Rams (with that farming the upgrade is very easy to afford) and 3 Cavalry units. The BBC is missing here, but the strength of the Khmer push is undeniable.

    2nd - Poles: The main drawback of the Folwark is that, to take full advantage of it, you must surround it with farms, which is not possible on an aggressive map like Arabia, since it would leave your vills unprotected to Cavalry or ranged units. On Arena, though, that problem doesn't exist, and Poles can boom easily to afford anything. With Arbalesters, Siege Rams, BBC and Obuchs (who unlike most infantry units, only take 1 damage from FU Skirms), the Pole deathball can be devastating.

    1st - Malay: To me, this civ takes the number 1 spot, with their faster advancing times meaning many more vills (2 on the way to Feudal Age, 3 on the way to Castle Age). But they can also advance faster for relic picking, they can Elephant rush, they counter meso civs with their Karambits, they get FU Arbalesters, BBC and trash 2-Handed-Swordsmen. It's incredible that a civ with 3 bonuses towards water can be so strong on a pure land map like Arena.

    What do you think about the list? I'm sure you have different ideas to the ones I proposed! Let me know about them and have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
    [link] [comments]

    Most entertaining set of KotD4 so far?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:46 PM PST

    Since we are getting towards the business end of the tournament, I would be curious to hear y'all's opinion on what has been the most entertaining set so far?

    Of course I'd recommend watching them all and Memb and all those involved are doing a fantastic job.

    I've included some of my favourites but Reddit polls only go up to 6 so I have an option to write another below.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Choop89
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't the pros all use the follow command to push deer?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 05:25 PM PST

    The follow command just makes you automatically stay exactly behind the deer however I still see that pros mostly do it manually which leads to some fish tailing, is there a reason for this?

    submitted by /u/JakeArvizu
    [link] [comments]

    Elephant killed by TC for no reason

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:03 PM PST

    So today I garrisoned 6 vills at TC to shoot the elephant once, release them, and then I garrisoned my luring vill who has low HP and as soon as he gets garrisoned the TC shoot one arrow and killed the boar. Is this a freaking bug? And next game I tried the same thing and the TC killed the boar as soon as I garrisoned the luring vill. So when you use TC to shoot boar you can't really garrison it and if you do the TC will automatically shoot at the boar?

    submitted by /u/justingreg
    [link] [comments]

    can i complete that 1v3 achievement in unranked?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 08:16 AM PST

    looking for people to coop with me on this 11. I'd love to help you complete that as well.

    submitted by /u/BattleshipVeneto
    [link] [comments]

    Delay in rejoining queue after random team mate resigned early

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 01:13 AM PST

    I joined a random team game and just as the game started one of my team mates resigned. Then another team mate did and so did I, not worth player 3v4. And then I got banned from rejoining the queue for 4 mins. As anyone else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/cardboard-box-mugs
    [link] [comments]

    Made an android app to check aoe 2 de stats

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 06:06 AM PST

    Desktop Wallpaper

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 05:30 AM PST

    My laptop's dispaly is 3:2 but not important, all dimensions are okay to me.

    Wallpaper websites shows very less variety of wallpapers of Age of Empires 2. Maybe I don't know how to search lol

    I prefer high quality of image.

    Any recommendation?

    submitted by /u/iamgreghouse
    [link] [comments]

    Reminder: Don't Have BM and Hide a Vill

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:30 PM PST

    Had back to back matches like this. Don't be a that guy. Respect your opponent and resign.

    submitted by /u/weasol12
    [link] [comments]

    bruh

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 10:22 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment