• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 12, 2022

    Age of Empires II Fortified Friday - Arena Match-ups: Spanish, Malians & Huns.

    Age of Empires II Fortified Friday - Arena Match-ups: Spanish, Malians & Huns.


    Fortified Friday - Arena Match-ups: Spanish, Malians & Huns.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 10:52 PM PST

    I'm still learning how a lot of matchups play out on Arena and with the sheer amount of civs we now have there are 100's of matchups all with their own little intricacies. I feel like I have a general idea for most civs but every so often I get caught out making the wrong unit type, taking the wrong strategic approach, or just forgetting that cavalry archers exist! I'm hoping some shared knowledge might speed up the learning process.

    Each week I will randomly generate 3 civilisations for us to talk about.

    This week: Spanish - Malians - Huns

    Below are some questions to get the discussion started:

    Which civ would you pick out of the pool if your opponent was going to be able to choose from the two remaining civs?

    What's your opening going to be? Scouts for map control/relics into boom, Trush, Smush, Castle Drop, Straight Boom, Fast Imp, TC Douche?

    How will the 3 civs fair in a beautiful monk war?

    If they make it to IMP which of the civs has the better unit composition/deathball?

    Which civ has the best 1TC YOLO play?

    How will these civs do against some of the best Arena opening strats? (Turks Jannie/Mango and Bohemian Smush)

    General thoughts on the civs and how they play on Arena?

    submitted by /u/Catalpa_
    [link] [comments]

    today is my birthday, my girlfriend gave me this🥰

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 07:07 PM PST

    A-Z Civ Tier List for 1v1 ‘Nomad’

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 10:19 AM PST

    I frickin love Lithuanians

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 11:30 AM PST

    Obviously I mean the civ never been to Lithuania or met a Lithuanian, i'm sure they're lovely people though. I am low elo and they just play so smooth in dark age, good transition from scouts to knights. And strong trash for the late game. Also while my conversion micro is bad, the monks picking up relics for the attack bonus is a nice little mini game.

    What are the general feelings on the sub? I feel like they got to be in the top 3 civs for newer players.

    submitted by /u/Gretschko
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished a 2.5 hour game- best match yet

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 06:11 PM PST

    My proudest split :D

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 07:50 PM PST

    What’s the weirdest thing an opponent has said in a 1v1?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 06:09 PM PST

    I know this is a random question. I've had a few weird interactions with people in 1v1s and TGs. Here's my top 3, some of which the other player was fantastic and some bizarre:

    • playing Eth vs Celts. Got the upper hand with xbows and faster to imp. He lost his army. He then messaged me and said 'my friend just died, can we finish the game here'. I said 'sure, you can resign if you want' and he wouldn't. He played til the death….which makes me think he made it up.

    • one guy went nuts in a TG. He was beating a pocket player pretty bad and just freaked out "you're so old, you're 40 and can barely use a keyboard, you f'in noob" etc. the game was so toxic that I left. It was just so weird - like the weirdest behavior I've seen in a game before.

    • one positive one. I played against a guy and my internet connection was bugged, I lost 3 vils to a boar in early game and it was unplayable. I told him and he said "I'm sorry, that sucks. Would be better to have a fair game." And then he resigned even though he was winning. An out and out gentleman, really appreciated it.

    What were your weirdest chat interactions?

    submitted by /u/Disastrous_Gap_4711
    [link] [comments]

    If we were to get a civ with a bonus that gives their Foot Archers bonus movement speed, how would you balance it out?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 05:19 PM PST

    Bonus movement speed, even in tiny doses, can be extremely powerful for foot archers when you micro them. It's no surprise that no civilization so far has any bonus or UT that speeds up their foot archers (though Lithuanians do have faster Skirmishers).

    If we were to get a civilization with a movement speed bonus for their foot archers, what would you do to limit it?

    EDIT: Since the others pointed out Plumed and Rattan Archers (as well as Cavalry Archers), what if this bonus started working in Feudal? Even 5% faster moving Archers in Feudal Age could be really strong, even if they're only moving 0.04 faster (normal movement speed is 0.96, with a 5% bonus it goes to 1.00).

    That's just my thoughts, though. What are yours?

    submitted by /u/darkdill
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to desync the game on purpose?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 02:37 PM PST

    Is there any way to desync the game on purpose?

    Felt really weird to me this game, was a very tough battle but then finally managed to get the upper hand. But instead of resigning the opponent took some minutes and then instead of a victory screen there was an error message "The game is out sync" which I have not yet seen before. I knew there was the thing that basically says "Your opponent has disconnected" but then still it was counted as a victory and you got the points. But in this case it was well "out of Sync" error and the game basically said it was sort of a draw.

    Decided to check on the opponent on the AoE Nexus and found what is shown in picture 2: Any way to to this on purpose? Seems very fishy to me... Anyone has encountered this before?

    If it is by accident then I will gladly apologize for the suspicion, but in the other case, damn you Mr. HillTimetv and let the community be aware of your evil deeds :)

    https://preview.redd.it/1jkfnx21ztm81.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=d49cb0dc4004ee6bffd7be86ac0754de9bb2c505

    https://preview.redd.it/zs47o3cf0um81.png?width=941&format=png&auto=webp&s=22de4759e226de1096afb867ffdeb186c8862e9f

    submitted by /u/_AptenodytE_
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 08:34 PM PST

    What do you think?

    Days ago I saw a post about a UI mod that had the resources aligned vertically and I liked it a lot, I decided to make my own, thx to henryaoe for the idea, will I get to 1.2k with this? XD

    https://preview.redd.it/s6mbireisvm81.png?width=1995&format=png&auto=webp&s=f448475913f06d40b3f1cf727120f9ae887b1028

    submitted by /u/Pyramid-Temple
    [link] [comments]

    Elephant Appreciation Day

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 03:30 PM PST

    Hey guys.

    There's never a bad day to celebrate our favourite Pachyderms, and thus I have opened up this post so that everyone can share their love for these amazing animals and their role in our favourite strategy game.

    In addition, if you have any positive experience with Elephant Units in AoE2 (or hell, AoE1, 3 or 4, we don't discriminate, Elephants are Elephants regardless of game), feel free to share them.

    submitted by /u/mesqueunclub69
    [link] [comments]

    What is this tool that TheViper uses to see the rating of the opponent while playing the game?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 10:50 PM PST

    A thought on the Vietnamese: What if they could research Conscription in Castle Age?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 05:28 PM PST

    Vietnamese get free Conscription, which isn't much of a bonus since Conscription is cheap and researches fairly quickly. Saving 150 Food, 150 Gold, and 60 seconds of research time upon reaching Imperial Age is honestly kinda lackluster, especially when you compare it to something like the Turks getting Chemistry for free.

    Well, just for thought, what if you could research Conscription in Castle Age as Vietnamese, but it wasn't for free? Would this be more useful? Would it be too strong? Would no one go for it because of the cost in CA (since you need a Castle)?

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/darkdill
    [link] [comments]

    So, I started watching replays and being extremely critical with my own plays, it led to a 8 game win streak (still onging) and jumped from around 820 elo to 950. I know it may not seem like much but I think it's a big improvement.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 04:07 PM PST

    You get to pick the next civilizations to be added to the game. Who are you choosing? What are their bonuses? What is their campaign?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 03:13 PM PST

    The "Too Many Civs" expansion has just been announced. The plan is to increase the overall number of civilizations to 100. How do you do it?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 06:09 PM PST

    How are you supposed to use Advanced Genie Editor when you're using AoE2 DE from the Microsoft Store?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 05:45 PM PST

    I can't seem to open the editor because I can't find the right pathways. The automatic option selects Steam pathways that don't exist, and I can't find comparable pathways for the Microsoft version.

    Could be a dumb question, but does anyone know how to get started?

    submitted by /u/RheimsNZ
    [link] [comments]

    Trample damage calculation question

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 07:37 AM PST

    How does bonus damage work with trample? IE let's say you have a battle elephant with a champion as it's main target. Adjacent to the battle elephant is a cavalry archer. The elephant has manipur cavalry. Does the cavalry archer take 25% of what it would have taken after manipur is calculated? The same can be said for polish hussars and their team bonus

    submitted by /u/SuperSelkath
    [link] [comments]

    I search a mod who hide rank after game

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 03:45 AM PST

    hi there, i throw a random search for a mod creator: waapla who made the unrated mod, if someone now him i would love to have some help from him, can't download his mod Or if someone know a mod that allow to mask the elo after the match
    i really search for a mod who could hide the rank after the game, this really block me from playing ranked because i fear losing ranking every time i play

    on lichess for thoses who play chess there is a setting that allow to hide the élo of yourself and the opponent, this really help progress because you focus yourself on the game itself and not the ladder rating

    I would like to play a year, daily and see after 1 year of play where i end up, what do you guys think ?

    In the mod browser there is this mod: unrated mod; and it seems that's exactly what i need, but i can't download it! And i have no clue why

    I asked on discord servers, no response for now

    If you know waapla, or a mod that does the same i would really love to

    submitted by /u/astraban
    [link] [comments]

    how to make the AI not forfeit?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 11:23 PM PST

    Before you say type 104 in the chat it doesn't work lol. I've typed 104 to all players, to each specific AI, it doesn't matter, they always give up after defeating either a town center and a castle, or sometimes just a single TC out of their 6 TCs, I'm playing on hard difficulty, it's aggravating it's like there's no point in playing the AI anymore. The old version of age 20 years ago worked, how come they've made every other aspect of the game better in DE so much better but stripped away the satisfaction of actually getting to you know, play a match? I get stomped online and I'm trying to practice against the AI but there's no point they just give up before they even try. I've tried installing a mod off of the in-game mod list that has a special AI that doesn't forfeit but it's buggy as hell and the military units and vils still give up, and go idle and don't move, they just don't throw the FF until everything is cleared off the map. Which still isn't fun because they just bug out and don't move. Anyone have any ideas? My uncle and I wanna play after 20 years but this one broken aspect of the game just takes all the purpose out of it.

    submitted by /u/2good4gnius
    [link] [comments]

    Has there ever been a mod for AOE2 similar to DOTA?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 12:32 PM PST

    DOTA was a mod for Warcraft III and there was apparently a similar mod for Starcraft called "Aeon of Strife". Given AOE2 is a similar RTS has there ever been a mod that gives you control of a hero? If not, why not? Is it much harder to mod AOE2 to such an extent?

    submitted by /u/tongue_wagger
    [link] [comments]

    What I actually see when Woad Raiders are marching on me

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 03:15 AM PST

    Tips for arena

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 09:55 PM PST

    So my elo for open maps is pretty stable at 1200+ but I think my elo for arena is probably around 950 at its best. I literally don't know how to play close map. So here I have some specific questions/confusion regarding how to play and hopefully can get some useful tips here.

    I know most people do fast castle. How many do you put on gold and stone before going up? I usually put 2 on gold and 4 on stone just enough so I can get to castle age and build a castle to either defend myself or get a forward castle.

    At the start of castle age, what do you do? Do you get a monastery first? Or do you get military building first? And when to build the first castle?

    To get to imp fast, do you get 3 TCs? Or stay on one TC? Do you do all eco upgrade before you go up?

    What eco and how many military buildings I should prepare if I want to push hard in IMP? My questions can go on and on but I feel I have to follow some rules in order to play better at arena.

    submitted by /u/justingreg
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to the announced AoE II Roadmap for 2022?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 11:23 AM PST

    The lack of content recently is very frustrating. If there aren't balance changes scheduled in the near future to keep the game fresh and interesting I worry about the future. A fresh DLC would be nice, too.

    submitted by /u/yaniversary
    [link] [comments]

    Is this unit counter chart good?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 10:07 AM PST

    Is this unit counter chart good?

    I'm a low ELO player but still much more experienced than my friends and I'm trying to teach them basic unit counters. is this chart well made? I found it online and it kind of reminds me of the original unit counter manual with the old CD version of the game.

    https://preview.redd.it/5kw7c2wajlm81.png?width=1470&format=png&auto=webp&s=cf5381ad28e28bdf58b7f30bfa0fbd3b72f366a5

    submitted by /u/manlystantler
    [link] [comments]

    Satisfying ballista elephants shredding galleons

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 10:48 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment