• Breaking News

    Monday, March 21, 2022

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 05:00 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Pov:Your civ is maya and you let goth player to get castle

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 01:24 AM PDT

    Return of the Clans appreciation thread (no spoilers), Hosted by NovaAoE and Huehue

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 04:05 AM PDT

    So yesterday was the last day of Return of the Clans, and I figured it would be worthwhile to make a post about it because it was a great tourney.

    For those who don't know, Return of the Clans was a 3v3 tg tourney hosted by NovaAoE and Huehue. It was "community funded", I don't know if that's code for those two funding it themselves or if there was some sort of crowdfunding thing I missed, but in any case if you enjoyed the games go give them some love. Nova streams on twitch at twitch.tv/novaaoe He's very nice and and very responsive to chat. Huehuecoyotl22 I don't know how to plug, he apparently doesn't stream, but is a host and a map maker.

    As for the games, Nova made a playlist for them on twitch; twitch.tv/collections/LBk-Ghh-zxaLSw

    The two semifinals in particular had some of the best games I've ever seen, but the quality of all the sets in general was excellent. We also had some nice surprises during the tourney.

    I can't know what expectations/hopes Nova and Huehue had for the event, but the games were great and across all platforms and streams there were well over 10k viewers (including player streams) (given my limited expertise and that it's over multiple platforms and streams I don't want to give an estimate as to peak viewership, I hope a commenter might be able to help me out) so I really hope they found it worthwhile to do it.

    submitted by /u/Least-Leave9502
    [link] [comments]

    I don't think a forward castle is safe but I'll give you the

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 01:08 PM PDT

    I drew all unique unit of AoE2 in a pixelart map game :)

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 07:41 PM PDT

    New players struggling with fast castle and boom, this guide is for you - steps by player action, and by villager count, in case you get lost - ETA 16.05 for Castle Age, not bad.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 09:46 AM PDT

    The Ethiopian Experience (AoE2)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 12:18 AM PDT

    Thought: Sicilians should just be Normans

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 05:31 AM PDT

    In the Hautevilles campaign, they were renamed as Normans. And you also met the Sicilians as "Normans" in Bari and Longshanks with Western European architecture.

    Sicilian-speaking "Normans" with Mediterranean architecture in Britain and France would be quite odd. They did not just appeared in Sicily. They would be better named as Normans, with Western European building set and using the Franks' or Vikings dialogue line.
    Even before the Sicilians (aka Norman's' own civilization) were introduced, the Normans in Hastings were represented by Franks.

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    Fast Imperial can hit you hard when you are expecting a castle age rush

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 09:22 PM PDT

    This is NOT how to lure multiple boars (featuring JordanAoE)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 11:03 AM PDT

    That siege feeling

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 12:23 AM PDT

    Yes I'm noob, yes I need help, no I'm not new.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 11:33 AM PDT

    So, I've been playing AoE2 since 1999, but just like 10 games every year with my cousin and against AI ALWAYS.

    This year I got sicked of FPS online games and decided to try AoE2 online, I thought I was the King of AoE until the day I played online for the first time.

    So, that was like 3 months ago, I'm now a better player and I win 6 or 7 out of 10 (unranked) online games.

    BUT, I feel I'm stucked and this is the part where I ask for help.

    What tools do you use to get better at AoE? I donwloaded "CaptureAge" 1 month ago and it has been a great tool to see my mistakes and to learn from another players.

    Are there some other tools that you guys use to improve your game?

    Do you have any Youtube channel recommendations?

    What topics are mandatory to know to become a better player? (Im learning basics unit counters)

    And if you want to leave proTips here, You are welcome.

    Thank you in advance for your help guys! Awesome Community!

    submitted by /u/Vic7orAmaya
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2/AoE3 returning player

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 10:59 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm a returning player, grew up playing AoE2 in the early 2000s and then played AoE3 when it was released for a few years. Loved both games and want to play both again on multiplayer. I know there can be some strong hate for AoE3 so this isn't a post for the haters, but rather for those of you out there who also like and play both (assuming there are more of you out there like me lol). Just curious, as a returning player, which of these games would be better to jump back into first? Obviously there are some vast differences between both games, but as far as getting back into things.

    My love for AoE in general was reignited when I found T90 a few months back and I've been watching his videos ever since.

    Thanks for your insights!

    submitted by /u/svander89
    [link] [comments]

    Armor? No.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 09:20 AM PDT

    A story about fire ships.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 05:32 PM PDT

    So, I recently hit 1000 1v1 elo. No thanks to Fireships.

    Now, I don't ban any maps when I queue for 1v1 so I sometimes get water maps or maps that require to fight for water.

    I always just end up selecting a civ that I normally play (like turk, chinese or something familiar to me) and I never build fireships. The reason is because I thought they just don't have access to them so I never win water fights early.

    So what I recently discovered is that there is actually TWO pages in the dock... TWO! And fireship is on the second page!

    That's all.

    For ref, I've only been playing since January, so small things like this aren't known to me lol. Hopefully I can win my first water fight in the future now :)

    submitted by /u/blast2past
    [link] [comments]

    All in strats to throw someone off guard?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 07:29 AM PDT

    hey guys!
    So, I thought i'd take this to reddit.
    So this friday, I have a showmatch against someone 400 elo higher than me (I'm 1000, they're 1400).

    Now, I originally declined this showmatch as it doesn't make sense, who wants to watch me get stomped 4 games in a row? lol.

    But, he offered me 5 subs per win (If i were to win any).
    So, the way I see it. This is a potential 20 subs I could win on Friday...

    Now, It doesn't make sense to play standard, he's 400 elo higher than me. A standard game will just go exactly how you expect.
    So I'm looking for Viable wierd / all-in strats to try sneak in a win. :)

    I did think about Persian Douche but even I can defend against that, and it seems like a pretty common thing now.

    submitted by /u/blast2past
    [link] [comments]

    What can you do against Bohemian castle drop into UU on arena?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 07:57 AM PDT

    The quick walls mean scouts don't work unless catch them on their way over and if you go heavy military you can just fall behind to a boom. Can't really scout it unless their stone is super forward and their UU seems crazy strong at breaking in and can't be converted without redemption so my normal wall behind and boom doesn't work. I think I lose more to them than any other civ lately. Any advice is appreciated

    submitted by /u/knighttakespawn
    [link] [comments]

    Please do not instantly resign when u lose 1/4 tc's. especially at 1400 elo. anyways, one of my best games.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 07:50 PM PDT

    Kings in Regicide should be hero level units with good fighting ability + other abilities.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 12:37 PM PDT

    Someone just posted about elephant kings and I did not want to hijack their thread.

    Expanding on his idea, I would propose kings to be hero level units. They could have really good fighting stats, big hp pool and also maybe give some buffs in aura to allied units or even "hex" enemy units in aura.

    Kings should mostly be mounted melee units with stats beefier than a Paladin and hp like a war elephant. They could also have slow regen and other abilities. Meso "kings" could be super elite eagle warriors on roids. Some civs "kings" could be mounted on Camels with the obvious distinction from those mounted on horses. Others can be mounted on elephants if appropriate for that civ.

    This would make kings very valuable during fighting but with the obvious downside of losing the game if king dies.

    submitted by /u/Denikin_Tsar
    [link] [comments]

    AI Taunt Detection testing

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 12:44 AM PDT

    AI Taunt Detection testing

    The AI scripting to make the AI detect taunts is easier than I expected.

    1st Example:

    (defrule; (taunt-detected 1 31) (not(town-under-attack)) (military-population greater-than 16) ;Ready to attack=> (acknowledge-taunt 1 31) (chat-to-player 1 "At once. Let's crush the enemy together!"); (set-signal 131) (attack-now))

    It will tell the allied player to attack the enemy. He will not always agree though, as he will have to train more men or fend off a raid.

    https://preview.redd.it/t9ugr1sqwoo81.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=df07475e864a175721a197e5007416be41cbb431

    2nd Example (involving AI triggers in editor):; (taunt-detected 1 11)=> (set-signal 111) (disable-self))

    Adding a "AI Signal Condition" trigger in the editor with Signal 111 will trigger yellow to attack, as shown in the picture below.

    Ally will respond to your commands.

    He will also tribute resources if you type 38.

    Get it here: https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/54200/

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    Congratulations to winner of Return of the Clans, amazing final and semi final series

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 08:45 PM PDT

    Why do TGs on Hideout often turn into slog fests?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 09:38 PM PDT

    The map has always seemed to me to be "Arena Lite" but I cannot count the amount of times I end up playing a 90+ minute game on this map. Is it just the design of the center being wood that allows the game to go on for so long? I am not complaining but just always amazed by this.

    submitted by /u/nymets1104
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to auto start farms?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 09:43 AM PDT

    I find this to be a big piece of my game that's missing. I can just set vils to wood, stone and gold constantly but my farming eco always lags because I don't have a way to auto set vils to make farms. The only thing I can think of is to put a bunch down and then have my new vils set to an existing farm, because they will go to the next one that needs seeded, right? Am I missing something? It feels like there would be an easier/better way to keep farms producing?

    submitted by /u/Impulsive-Motorbike
    [link] [comments]

    Elephant Kings

    Posted: 21 Mar 2022 08:54 AM PDT

    So I've been thinking...

    For Regicide modes, instead of starting with a castle which makes it so that civs with good UU dominate... how about have the king mounted on top of an elephant. It could have 450 hp, a small attack so he can protect himself, obviously monk immunity. The downsides are that he is much slower and cannot garrison in a castle. Still, I think this could make Regicide more fun as you dont have to spend time chasing fat old men hiding in castles, instead you have to fight big chunky cool elephants. I think this would help popularize Regicide as a mode once again. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/mesqueunclub69
    [link] [comments]

    Finally returning to AoE2 after 15 years.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 12:13 PM PDT

    Hello aoe2 community. So, after watching some games on YouTube, I was inspired to return to the game of my childhood. I was never any good as a kid, only ever stomping Easy PCs, but after playing other pvp games, I am ready to actually try to play PvP.

    I have gotten my early game down pretty clean, can get to Castle with 25-27 pop with the Britons with relatively no idle, but I absolutely suck at mid to late game. Any tips or tricks to turn my econ booms into wins? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/OrsilonSteel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment