• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 12, 2022

    Age of Empires II Vils 1-6

    Age of Empires II Vils 1-6


    Vils 1-6

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 08:18 AM PDT

    Synchronize spearline animation and attack

    Posted: 11 Apr 2022 11:38 PM PDT

    Is it not possible to make the animation slower so that they hit more or less when the damage is done?

    submitted by /u/TactX22
    [link] [comments]

    UPDATED $600 prize pool now for Battle for Scotland. Open elo sign up. Golden, silver and bronze league into single elimination.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 07:11 AM PDT

    Celebrating the upcoming civs, why not take a moment to appreciate the last expansion civs?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 01:28 AM PDT

    What do you guys think about bohemians and poles? What are your best strategies for each?

    For me, I love gunpower units so I naturally gravitated towards bohemians who got a few cool things for them. Like their houfnice is insane.

    Their castle chemistry is op.

    I enjoy doing a strategy I found only be YT to get a quick castle drop on arena. And then spam the Hussites. Yet, it got an issue if it's a team game as you can't handle more then one at all.

    Poles, I kinda enjoyed them but didn't play them enough. So, it hard to develop a 'strategy' for them.

    submitted by /u/Living-Skirt2603
    [link] [comments]

    What is up with chinese players smurfing?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 03:14 AM PDT

    Whenever i meet a full chinese team in team games i think to myself: "pls dont be a smurf crew". More often then not they is one obvious smurf with an abyssmal rating which plays like the rest though. I very rarely see this with other nations what is this about?

    submitted by /u/Hairy_Alternative819
    [link] [comments]

    Why not fix smurfing?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2022 09:12 PM PDT

    Just got stomped in TG by a team with two 1800 players and one player with 1100 ELO. The 1100 player has "2.0" in his username. I look him up (without 2.0) and of course, his previous account teamed up with the same 2 guys I played against, and he's 2000 ELO. Apparently this method is the same for all smurfs. Make a second account, team up with their old friends, drop the average ELO and get easy wins. I keep playing against these idiots, with like 1000 ELO and 90% win rate. So my question: why not ban library sharing? Wouldn't that root out like 90% of smurfs? Who would pay to smurf? What reason is there for not doing this? Before everybody starts with: "dont worry about ELO, enjoy the small victories, blablabla" what is the point of having ELO at all then? Why allow a few idiots to ruin the ladder for everyone if there is a pretty simple solution? I don't mind losing games, but the ELO is there to create even matches. Why let people exploit it?

    - END RANT -

    submitted by /u/JotaJota912
    [link] [comments]

    Elephant Archer , how far should it go?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 03:06 AM PDT

    Just a rogue thought here, but how far should the Elephant Archer as a regional unit be spread out?

    From the images and leaks, it's pretty obvious that all of the South Asian Civs are going to get it (Dravidians have a bonus for it, Gurjaras have a unique tech for it, Hindustanis are re-worked Indians and will probably just keep it, and Bengalis mentioned "elephant units" not Battle Elephant specifically).

    But outside these obvious civs, should anyone else get it?

    Personally I think there are two candidates for getting the Elephant Archer as well as these four.

    Persians - This is the less likely of the two, but still worth mentioning. Persians are known for their elephants, and their trade links to India to get them. I don't think this would end up being ridiculous for Persians, as they lack Bracer. But it would give them a tanky archer option compared to their trash Crossbowmen and more agile Cavalry Archers, so it does have a small niche.

    Burmese - A much more likely option. Burmese...are not in a great place. Plus they geographically are the closest civ to the Indian sub-continent without actually being fully inside it. Like Persians, they also have an elephant sub-theme They also suffer verses archers, which the Elephant Archer can stomach somewhat with its fat hitpoint stat, especially if the Howdah tech gets a slight change to say "Elephant units" instead of Battle Elephants, compensating for the lack of archer armour upgrades along with Parthian Tactics.

    But what do you think? Anyone else in the running for this unit? Or are we happy just making Burmese threads every day with no changes to them? :P

    submitted by /u/Tyrann01
    [link] [comments]

    What others see...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 09:33 AM PDT

    Regional Units category suggestion

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 09:40 AM PDT

    How to practice defending early aggression

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 08:24 AM PDT

    I'm pretty new to the game and when playing online I noticed that I have a particular weakness to early aggression. I'm obviously not playing at super high level but I have a hard time defending men-at-arms rushes for example. I'm aware that I need to wall off my base and such but I'd like to practice it more. I also don't think I do a great job scouting it, as I don't know when exactly to look for signs of incoming rushes from opponents.

    I've been using some mods that are great for learning build orders and I was wondering if something similar existed to defend against certain strategies. Or perhaps a some youtube videos explaining how to defend better? I used to play sc2 back in the day and there was plenty of material out there to help noobs like me.

    Anyways I'm looking forward to any recommendations you might have.

    submitted by /u/numnumnuts
    [link] [comments]

    Speculating the new campaigns of the new "Indian/South Asian" DLC

    Posted: 11 Apr 2022 11:43 PM PDT

    Title says it all. I think most people are worried you would fight mirror civs as Indian civs didnt really conquer abroad. (They didnt need to, had abundant resources and trade). But I think this wont be the case for upcoming campaigns...

    Dravidians - I feel Rajendra Chola would be an excellent choice, after quick glances at his wiki he led naval expeditions to modern day Sri Lanka and Maldives with his father. I feel these can make interesting naval scenarios. Later before 1025 he invades central India and the Pala Empire in Bengal. Lastly, a Khmer envoy with a chariot invites him into an alliance with Suryavarman to invade the Srivijayan thallasocracy for the final scenario. (Your Chola allies in Suryavarman 4 is led by Rajendra). This will be an epic naval clash. So prepare for a more naval centric campaign than Gajah Mada.

    Bengalis - I have absolutely no idea one about this area and of the reasons I made this post was hopefully someone here would have some ideas.

    Now technically the Gurjaras and Hindustanis aren't officially revealed, for the sake of my curiosity lets figure these out as well.

    After seeing some posts that the Prithviraj campaign would better suit the Gurjara/rajputs of the area more so than the Muslim Indian dynasties that the current Indians are. So it wont be surprising that the Gurjaras will get the Prithviraj campaign, no major gameplay changes, other than civ changes.

    Lastly for Hindustanis my first thought came as Babur, the current Indians are heavily modeled on the Mughals and they fit into the 1500s aoe2 timeframe. And I would love to see the battle of Panipat in aoe2. But on second though it would more likely be someone else because Babur was a Timurid, a descendant of Timur the lame. So the first one or two scenarios you woule have to play as Tatars before becoming Hindustanis and maybe that might make it weird or lacking. Besides there are other options such as the guy who defended north India from the Mongols (forgot his name).

    Also just as a bonus guessing. Which campaigns will be done by each designer?

    Have nice day. What are your thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/n0mad_539
    [link] [comments]

    i feel overwhelmed by the game...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 09:45 AM PDT

    I don't know why it is, I like this game, it has so many nuances and strategies to explore, yet...

    I find it stressful to play, specifically the multitasking that is required. When I am attacking an enemy, I always have this bad gut feeling about not paying attention on my own town, so I swap back to the Town Center, queue a few villagers, build a few farms, then head back into battle, but I always feel like I missed something out, I always feel I need to be faster with everything I do.

    This makes the game extremely stressful to me, and after a game, I feel exhausted, yet still dissatisfied, that I did not pay attention to everything enough.

    also, when i play "art of war" the timer always makes me stressed AF to get the best result i can just to finish the mission after 25 min.....

    Do you have any tips what I could do? Is this normal, that I feel overwhelmed by the multi-tasking? Does it go away after getting used to the game?

    submitted by /u/RailGunBlast
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2:DE keeps crashing when loading save files

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 06:32 AM PDT

    Happening mostly on specific scenarios in the campaign, notably Alaric 4.

    First time i load into the save file, it works normally, but when i reload a save file from that scenario again (doesn't matter, if it's an old or a new one), the game crashes 100% of the time during the loading screen. I had this issue before on another scenario, but forgot which one it was.

    Those crashes only started around 1-2 weeks ago.

    Since i'm grinding for the "Rome Was Destroyed in One Day" Steam achievement, i need to often reload a save to try and get this achievement eventually, but those frequent crashes make it hard to enjoy the game at all.

    Can anyone help me over here?

    submitted by /u/Reptain253
    [link] [comments]

    Civs with the best Scout cav in your opinion?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 05:20 AM PDT

    Imo used to be lithuanians, but as of now I would say magyars or poles.

    Interested to hear your thoughst tho.

    submitted by /u/Lembitmees
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody willing to watch a few of my games and tell me wtf I'm doing wrong

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 09:53 AM PDT

    7 loss streak today. Was 970 elo, probably 850 now. If you're willing to watch some of my games to help me figure out why I'm sucking ass, DM me... thanks

    submitted by /u/Col_Sandy_Fries_6
    [link] [comments]

    Unplayable lag while playing today. Please suggest any fixes

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 09:43 AM PDT

    I have been experiencing unplayable lag while playing online today. Single-player works fine for me and I have 150 Mbps internet. Also, I have played 1000 matches before and never experienced such lag. Does anyone have a fix for this or this a DE server issue ?

    submitted by /u/V_HarishSundar
    [link] [comments]

    What's this boxes around entities and how can I toggle this off?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 08:35 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment