• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 5, 2019

    Age of Empires II Time well invested

    Age of Empires II Time well invested


    Time well invested

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 01:01 AM PST

    10 days!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 11:50 AM PST

    I'll beat you back to age of empires

    submitted by /u/That1D0g
    [link] [comments]

    Exhausting

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 10:08 PM PST

    Hey!

    I played aoe2 back in the days when it was originally released. I recently purchased it to restart playing since I'm streaming strategy games (not under this name so no advertisement). However, I feel like player multiplayer is SO exhausting. I feel drained after a game or 2 and it seems like it's the same many other people that I've talked with.

    I'd like to know, in your experience, do you feel this way? is it still always like this even with experience? I'd like to play that game for a long time but I have to admit that I'm hesitating because I'm wondering if I have the required stamina.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gothvan
    [link] [comments]

    My teammate killed my garrisoned king in my castle with a bombard cannon seconds away from team victory. You can do that?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 12:09 AM PST

    High def render of shore fishing

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 02:59 PM PST

    Made this almost 4 years ago and forgot about it.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 09:04 AM PST

    Black Forest Walling

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 02:17 AM PST

    Hi all !

    I recently joined the community after at least a 10 year gap. I enjoy playing the game by turtling up, booming and releasing my Imperial age units to my ennemy.

    So obviously, as the title implies, i play Black Forest in MP.

    My "skill level", is around 1200-1300 NPL on Voobly with about 100 played games. Against the HD AI i hit consistent 16:00-16:30 FC in Arena maps and for a BF MP game around 17-18min depending on the lag.

    From my experience, i quit often see players rush with 2-3 vils + scout to wall the closest to the end of the corridor near my "base" right at the beginning of the game. I only go with 1 + scout and try to quick wall to get the thing done as quick as possible and prevent any wondering ennemy vills near my side.

    My question is, at what time should i be walling in a Voobly BF game?

    If i do it right at the beginning i prevent any sneaky plays but slow down my Castle Time

    If i do it later on I get my consistent FC but might get recked during the process by a barracks hidden behind my base.

    Thanks for reading !

    submitted by /u/Xeno_0_Shade
    [link] [comments]

    AoE 2 DE Pre-Load

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 04:30 PM PST

    Is there any information on if/when we will be able to pre-download the game on Steam?

    submitted by /u/Narutofoxdemon2
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to play online

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 03:38 PM PST

    I want to play online against actual people. I tried to do the Voobly thing but it keeps saying I need to download a patch. I download the patch, but it still says I am missing it when trying to get on Voobly. I don't have the CD of the game. I purchased it from Steam.

    When I do the download it first says "no CD found" or something like that, but then keeps going through the download, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

    submitted by /u/Noble-Ok
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good strategies/unit compositions for 'all techs'?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 06:16 PM PST

    will aoe2de give supremcy villagers attack commands like normal units?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 02:27 PM PST

    just a little unique thing i thought of, i get that you have to micro early on, but with the addition of more QOL additions like a reseed for fish traps, why not?

    submitted by /u/justdoityo
    [link] [comments]

    hand cannoneers should get a buff and here's why

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 09:05 PM PST

    HC weakness

    They cost more gold than archers, only 35 HP, can only start producing them in imperial age after chemistry, have really low accuracy, slow movement, have slow rate of fire, no ballistics*, slow to mass, and countered by skirmishers. Basically by imperial age you will already have crossbows that you can upgrade to arbalests that will be much better as an army than hand cannoneers. They cost less gold, have very high or perfect accuracy, faster rate of fire, longer range while only doing 7 less damage. You can micro archers from long range with success unlike that of HC due to poor accuracy and no ballistics. Therefore you need to get close with HC thus making them very vulnerable.

    Changes

    I want to see gunpowder used more in AOE2 than just conquistadors. I want HC used more offensively instead of just a reactionary niche defensive unit used only against infantry.

    1) Since HC are considered "archers", give them the same HP as imperial age archers: 40 HP. I guess the devs didn't want to create a gunpowder building so they lumped them in the archery range even though they aren't archers. 2) Get rid of the archer armor class so they aren't countered by skirmishers. 3) Make them cost 45 gold like archers. 4) remove HC from Franks because they are strong already and have throwing axemen for infantry.

    I think +5HP, no skirmisher counter, and -5 gold is a realistic buff. The civs that have access to HC are mostly middle to lower tier civs from aoestats win rates (these are 1v1 win rates across all maps played on voobly). This might even help to better balance the civ win rates (or not).

    submitted by /u/throwitaway123718
    [link] [comments]

    Slavs

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 12:16 PM PST

    The Slavs need a buff. What about being able to train bears from the barracks for 25 food? There's already a bear in the game data, so just use that (ie, as strong as a wolf).

    There was at least one bear in the Polish army in ww2 and the Russians have a rich bear-related military history. I think we're getting lithuanians in DE so they could also get bears.

    submitted by /u/MrTickles22
    [link] [comments]

    11

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 09:17 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment