• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 22, 2020

    Age of Empires 3 People who bait newbies into games

    Age of Empires 3 People who bait newbies into games


    People who bait newbies into games

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Saw a lobby that said "1v1 beginner" and I entered with the intention to help the guy out. Noticed that he was spanish speaking so I used what little spanish I knew from high school and tried to help him, telling him to gather food first then transition to getting wood and gold while also getting a market to upgrade resource gathering. Pretty soon, saw his score skyrocket faster than mine (Me being Dutch and him being Russia) so I thought he just spammed out units.

    Whole game, I thought this guy was a newbie, but we skirmished once and he beat out the army that I had set up to let him initially test his defenses, then he started pushing into my base. Managed to survive through banks and the spread out settler pop I had. That's when I called him out for his BS, saying that he had said he was a newbie, and he replied saying, "I said I know more than most."

    Thing is, almost won too, raided his vils constantly with huss until he set up a wall, and even then there was a gap I managed to squeeze through with huss, but it wasn't enough. Just spammed out halbs (that he had maxed out already on our first skirmish) and called it gg.

    TL;DR - what the fuck is up with people saying "1v1 beginner" and then baiting possible beginners into the game only to get curbstomped. "ALNOTROS" is his username.

    submitted by /u/nearnum2
    [link] [comments]

    Need help as a veteran RTS player, but new AoE3 player

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:51 AM PST

    I played a LOT of Starcraft and a little AoE2. In AoE2 the first 15 minutes are pretty generic regardless of civ. Is it the same case here? I assume here you also do nonstop settler production until you hit a critical mass and focus on food and wood early game, and add coin later. But I have a hard time finding some specific build orders for this game. I watch Samurai Revolution strategy guides on YouTube but I can't really learn much from watching them. Are there any places with more specific guides?

    submitted by /u/HysteresisSC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment