• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 14, 2020

    Age of Empires 3 ES Online Connection Problem

    Age of Empires 3 ES Online Connection Problem


    ES Online Connection Problem

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    This will probably be a bit of a unique problem.

    So firstly, I'm running the game off my Mac through the porting kit and steam. It's been fine for the last couple weeks I've been playing it. However today when I tried to login and play some online games, as soon as I clicked the ES Online tab I got the error:

    Microsoft Visual C++ Library: Buffer overrun detected! Program: steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3\bin\age3y.exe A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program can not safely continue execution and must now be terminated

    That's the error code I get, makes the game shut down every time.

    I will note that I can play actual games in single player, including campaign. I'm running on OS Catalina on a MacBook Pro through the porting kit.

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game on both steam and the Porting Kit app. I've restarted my computer, tried launching through warchiefs, asian dynasty's, and base game, but still to no avail.

    Anyone have an idea what to do? I'm lost at this point.

    submitted by /u/Taco-Sauce1755
    [link] [comments]

    Want to setup a ESOC like lan championship with Friends for my birthday . How to setup ESOC overlay and stream it in my dinning room?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment