• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My father bought me a Cobra when I was a kid as I used to play a lot with cheats

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    1100 more and they got themselves a victory

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    The anticipation of the pancake effect

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Age of Noob Cup - Reveal Trailer! ⁴ᴷ⁶⁰

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    What is the title of this AoE 2 theme remix?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    Is there a way to mod the colors in the minimap?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    What do you think?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    Guys, in your opinion, right now in these days, seeing some tournaments and streams, do you think that Hera is the best player at the moment? I mean, he recently beat tough guys and I even don't have to say anything about the 4-0 on Viper yesterday. But I've been seeing his Stream everyday and, even sometimes he losses, I think he's almost impossible to be defeated in a Bo5 or Bo7 (At the moment).

    What do you guys think? Anyone who can really beat the Hera at the moment in a Bo5 or Bo7?

    Edit1: remembering It's just my opinion, I can see he lossing 1/2/3 games, but I don't think that right know he can lose a serie.

    One thing that I admire from him is that sometimes I feel like his opponents lose by getting tired, I mean you always can see he make some crazy comebacks and seeing by the view of the opponent, can be really sad, you pressure pressure pressure, make all you can and he still manage to get back.

    submitted by /u/goldpentakill
    [link] [comments]

    Need help to adapt my BO for castle building.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    So I've been practicing some fundamental BO's, such as scouts, archers and knights. I already know how to boom.

    However, when practicing against the AI I found that getting a castle up earlier would have helped me gain a lot of needed map control.

    So, how many vills should I be putting on to stone to get 650 stone quickly? How many do you guys usually stick on stone?

    To give some context, it's a 1v1v1, I'm trying to archer rush 1 AI while getting ready to castle drop the other AI.

    I usually get about 20 xbows to 1 of them, knock them out, then I usually have a hard time dropping a castle on the other AI before he starts to boom, which usually turns into a typical long game...

    Any help much appreciated. Provisionally I'm thinking 6 on stone + the first eco upgrade when I click to castle.

    submitted by /u/GaurdianFleeb
    [link] [comments]

    Steppe lancers

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    Am I the only one who think the nerf to steppe lancers was a bit too harsh?? I mean surely they were OP but the devs just rendered them totally useless.

    submitted by /u/MoVoner12
    [link] [comments]

    Are mamelukes actually good?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Despite my friends saying how good they are, I always thought mamelukes were somewhat of a counterintuitive unit to use. To begin, they're extremely gold intensive. They're a ranged unit, but have such low range they have to move dangerously close to fight other ranged units. They seem like they're countered cost effectively by almost all units except knights and scouts. Their attack feels low even against cavalry. They take bonus damage from skirms despite not being an archer. They don't feel as good at raiding as cav archers due to their low range.

    I like the Saracens as a civ because of their tech tree and civ bonuses and I always hear how good mamelukes are but I've never quite figured out what role they should be used in.

    submitted by /u/BLACK_LlVES_MATTER
    [link] [comments]

    AI not attacking this patch?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    I'm a noob with not even 50 hours played, when I got the game I could barely beat moderate AI.

    I often got rushed in feudal age by Mass archers, my Standard taxtic was to build a tower, so AI would Feed Units against it.

    In the most recent patch I beat both hard and hardest AI without rushing or turtling.

    I can just Go comfortably to Castle age without building a single Military unit, then Go into 3 tc and Out Economy the AI.

    Was I Just lucky, is the agressiveness random? I had Zero defenses and AI could have easily attacked me. I Play random map Pool of Standard Land maps on tiny, agaisnt new DE AI . Anyone Else has Same experience?

    Tldr:AI Last patch was a lot harder, because it attacked in feudal age, now it only stay in base

    submitted by /u/350Gold
    [link] [comments]

    Scout and Champion AoE I Skin

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    I was about to make plans around me getting home before the anniversary event ends in order to get the scout and champion skin, but the aoe-website says only icons are mine to keep, so i would lose my scout and champion skin anyway after 12th of march? can anyone confirm this?

    submitted by /u/mallivanalli
    [link] [comments]

    So the Steppe Lancer ends up being rather weak in practice and in calculations. How would you buff them in a reasonable way?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    As we can see from Spirit of the Law's new Mongol SL video, even with the HP bonus, they're not equivalent to the Knight line in power; in fact, it's not even close. We all know why the SL was nerfed in the first place, but perhaps the nerfs were a bit heavy-handed.

    It seems to me like the SL should get some kind of buff, but what would be appropriate? That 1 range is such a tricky thing to balance out, after all.

    submitted by /u/darkdill
    [link] [comments]

    Just wondering. Who here likes water combat? And what about it is so fun?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    I am just curious to why someone likes water combat. I find it the worst part of the game. It's boring. And if you lose water, it can be impossible to get back on it.

    I just wish they did something to make water combat at least somewhat exciting, and not this boring crap that it is now.

    submitted by /u/Reaper8U
    [link] [comments]

    British longbowmen

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    When I play against the computer on hard it sends like 200 archers at me at once, what is the best way to survive something like this?

    submitted by /u/Thoom123
    [link] [comments]

    How do i change the color of food in the minimap?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Is it possible to mod this?

    submitted by /u/SophiaCalmStorm
    [link] [comments]

    Even map names are getting censored

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    I know this is a repost but I thought I’d share it all the same cuz Thersites the Historian is awesome

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    For all of those saying Goth are fine

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    I am currently 16/16 wins in ranked 1 vs 1, they are imposible to beat unless there is a big difference in the skill of players. It's getting to the point where is not fun anymore, if you can wall and defend with archers in feudal they go castle huskarls and you cannot deal with 20 huskarls at that point if you invested in archers or walling hard in feudal.
    Comment your steam username or pm if you think you can beat them and we play.

    submitted by /u/skallado
    [link] [comments]

    SoTL shows a video on Mongol Steepe Lancers. Hopefully the developers buff them somewhat to be viable in the next update.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Possible bug? My (Creamy Lou) buddy (zjoe0) and I won a ranked 2v2. Seems like the ELO gods deemed my win unworthy.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment