• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Age of Empires 3 When AoE2 fellows see their AoE3 mates suffering from a buggy DE release

    Age of Empires 3 When AoE2 fellows see their AoE3 mates suffering from a buggy DE release


    When AoE2 fellows see their AoE3 mates suffering from a buggy DE release

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    MOD: Non-blurry graphics for Definitive Edition

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    Although the devs have already confirmed looking into a fix for the blurriness issue, I've managed to publish a workaround mod which does the job by entirely disabling the game's Temporal Anti-Aliasing.

    Seeing as the mod is currently the most downloaded one at 3k downloads, it seems many players prefer TAA disabled and I want to share this workaround here on reddit too.

    What does this mod do?

    • Disables Temporal Anti-Aliasing to make the game look less blurry (particularly units).
    • Adds hotkey CTRL+ALT+B with which you can toggle TAA on/off any time you want.

    Note that disabling TAA may cause flickering on certain game objects (tree trunks, homecity water), but fix flickers on some other objects that flicker with TAA enabled (homecity buildings).

    The overall sharpened graphics may not be everyone's cup of tea. Particularly foliage grass may look too sharp, unless it's disabled entirely by the foliage quality setting.

    How do you install the mod?

    From the main game menu go Tools -> Mods -> Browse Mods -> "Non-blurry graphics (disable TAA)" -> Subscribe.
    This mod requires a game restart after installation.

    submitted by /u/Eaglemut
    [link] [comments]

    The DE released for a measly $20. Seriously, stop all the insane entitled whining and moaning.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Most other half-baked remakes go for like $40 and have similar issues. It's a base $20, some discounts are easily found, and I'm sure at the end of November it'll already be heavily discounted. I mean, just go play something else then until there's a few patches.

    The amount of vitriol in the forums is absolute trash and ruining the enjoyment some of us are trying to have. Seriously just screw off for a while if you're that mad about some slight issues in a remake of an old game. There's plenty here to be enjoyed for the price, but every single convo or post devolves into freaking moaning and whining about ANYTHING. Just as toxic as the rest of reddit.

    Every moment I browse r/aoe3 ... is agony.

    Ok, that one's /s

    submitted by /u/counselthedevil
    [link] [comments]

    Whats Everyones Favourite Nation And Unit?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    Nation: China

    Unit: Flamethrower with all the upgrades lol

    submitted by /u/CheesyRingHole
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think about the graphics enhancements in AoE3 DE ?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    My poor nVidia 920M laptop can only barely run it in low graphics ? Will this be fixed ? Is there a way to further enhance the performance ?

    submitted by /u/thel05t1
    [link] [comments]

    Are Ottomans just noob smashers?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    If I play as Ottomans (very much a beginner) it's a stomp, and if I play as any other civ, I get destroyed. I don't think I'm that much better at ottoman Meta or strategy, but I wonder if that auto villager is just too strong at the "low Elo legends" level?

    EDIT: I don't know that it needs to be nerfed, I'm more worried that I'm not learning good habits (sort of like playing Huns in Aoe2)

    submitted by /u/freeDHBdom
    [link] [comments]

    Broke my immersion, Im refunding this game -_-

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    While DE is removing references to colonialism some community mods give 0 fucks (Wars of Liberty)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    Thanks for a great History class XD

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Scenario request: cat and mice

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Many years ago, I played the scenario cat and mice. Multiple forts in the middle of the map and some settlers with wagons that will build walls and towers in a maze to stall the game until victory.

    A few months back, I played the original game again in preparation for DE and got to experience the new cat and mice where the cats can move a unit on a different island to get different units but that is not the scenario I want. I want the OG one :D

    Anyone has a link or do know of its existence in DE?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Zothuis
    [link] [comments]

    This happens like 30% of the time at the beginning of team ranked games. There's no way to get back to game. Please fix.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    MOD: WASD Camera unlock for Definitive Edition

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    This mod is aimed pretty much solely at casual players who don't use hotkeys to find/train units, but instead wish to use WASD keys to move the camera. Assigning those hotkeys is kind of bugged in the unmodded game, because they will not respond properly unless the keys are manually unassigned from all other hotkey sections.

    I've seen so many requests to fix this, that I've decided to take a look and implement a solution.

    What does this mod do?

    • Unlocks ability to freely use WASD (or other keys) for camera movement.
    • You can still set up camera hotkeys in the same way as before, in the "Game World Hotkeys" section, except now they will work regardless of conflicts with other hotkeys.

    Note that if you have other actions assigned to the same hotkeys, both will execute.

    How do you install the mod?

    From the main game menu go Tools -> Mods -> Browse Mods -> "WASD Camera unlock" -> Subscribe.
    This mod requires a game restart after installation.

    submitted by /u/Eaglemut
    [link] [comments]

    Change Camera Movement hotkeys to WASD

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Just got myself the new AOE 3 de title. It occurs to me that when I change the Camera Movement hotkeys to WASD and try to use them, the camera just jumps to the edge of the map and stays there. Anyone knows how to solve this?

    submitted by /u/Ocean1374
    [link] [comments]

    People are seriously tower rushing in this game and it makes me sad

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Russia - FF or forward blockhouse zerg rush?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    If you are a Russia player, do you like to forward blockhouse and spam strelets, or do you take map control and push gradually with a FF and blockhouses at home and Oprichnik raids?

    submitted by /u/freeDHBdom
    [link] [comments]

    DE Graphics Settings

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    So obviously there are some performance issues with DE, and also my computer isn't the best spec, but I just wondered, what the's the best single graphic setting to reduce/turn off in order to make the lag improve? Of course I'd like to maintain as much good stuff as possible, so if I could just take one option down a notch that would be great :)

    submitted by /u/craigoup
    [link] [comments]

    Campaign order bug?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    So I started playing the campaign. After finishing the third level of the first campaign I jumped for some reason to the indian campaign? And started a mission right in the middle of that campaign? That has to be a bug? Anyone else had that problem?

    submitted by /u/pewp3wpew
    [link] [comments]

    How the heck am I going to get the gold medal in the naval battle scenario of Art of War?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    Using only 3 ships to take down all those enemy ships and avoiding land fortifications? That's totally insane.

    submitted by /u/DonJacinto
    [link] [comments]

    So lets talk about ranked!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Pretty cool that we know how a ranked queue in game! No idea what the matchmaking is behind it, anyone know?

    Anyway so I am seeing a lot of British players, would you consider them pretty strong right now?

    Been running Dutch and having some success with a bank rush and defensive playstyle until age 3 then starting to fight with mercs and some skirms, usually get to age4 first and then go all in after getting some cannons and halbs out.

    What have you tried and had success with in ranked?

    submitted by /u/Novuake
    [link] [comments]

    It should've been updated with DE.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    2nd game froze late game? So bad its insulting.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    I'm a dinosaur. I loved AOE3. Was stoked for DE to come out. Gifted copies to about 10 of my friends.

    My workstation is a solid rig. 64 gigs ddr4, 2080ti, older x99 chipset but I need 40 pcie lanes so it still cranks. Also 2 nvme 4 lane solid state drives.

    Did the developers just not care and phone this one in? The pvp selection screens are still aids. I dont care about anything else, I was just excited to have a new influx of people and hopefully decent match making.

    And the game is still laggy and crashes. I dont care about the money I spent, I just feel insulted as a fan and customer.

    submitted by /u/I_like_to_build
    [link] [comments]

    Sepoy 10-10

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Swedish OP caroleans

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    How do you beat these caroleans?
    It seems like no matter what you throw at them, they just run up to you and you get destroyed completely...

    submitted by /u/GoertRobin
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to launch AOE3:DE?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I asked this question on Steam already but all answers range from useless to rude so now I am trying here. I want to open the game but all that happens is a small black box appears in middle of screen, and the game is unresponsive. In over 30 tries, the game loaded in once (and of course it was when I was about to leave to go somewhere). It is not my antivirus, I have closed down tons of processes, my graphics drivers are up to date, I greatly exceed the recommended requirements, and no one else seems to have this issue. Someone please for the love of god help

    submitted by /u/Ranbix
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment