• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 6, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 There should be an Euro update

    Age of Empires 3 There should be an Euro update


    There should be an Euro update

    Posted: 05 May 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    Since the release of DE, there were many revisions on the Native American civs, including the minor tribes. Including historical corrections, mechanics, and cosmetics. All of this to better portray this civilizations. Still, there hasn't been a revision to Euro civs to complement this Definitive Edition.

    Since the Spanish landed on America and during a long period of time, most of the spanish armies were largely composed of minor native civilizations from their conquered territories. This was a key factor on their conquest. It was very common to see only a 10% of spaniards and 90% of native american warriors on their incursions.

    Spain should have the Native features the Incas have, and the Incas should have the fast arriving shipments mechanic, since their whole culture was based on runners & messengers, fast spreading informers, and traders.
    I think this should be something that should not be overlooked. Since in many interviews and social media statements, the devs have made clear that the highest purpose of the AOE series is to represent history and merge it with gaming.

    The French also made several advances in relations with natives, adopting weapons, tools and technologies on both sides. I know this civ was consireded one of the best to perform native strategies, but still there's so much wasted potential. Think about Spain having the native armies and France having the native techs.

    The Ottoman Empire it's only portrayed as Jannisaries & gunpowder, when it actually included so much content along their history, with light cav & infantry being highly important on their ranks, while the janissaries and spahis were a very small group of selected individuals. And since they didn't have any part in the America's colonization, thefore they shouldn't have native cards at all. Perhaps they should have Indian mercenaries among their cards to compensate this(Arsonists, Jat Lancers). Also, they should include some Asian features, since the Silk Road was their door to Asia, I don't think there's any reason not to give them a consulate, even to just ally with asian minor civs, like the Sufi Mosque, and of course they should have War Elephants too.

    Sweden has the mercenaries features the Habsburgs should have, and Germany it's just Prussia with a disguise.

    Russia should include some Asian mercenaries among their cards too, since their territory was right next to China, and there was a high diversity on their population on the perimeter areas. Steppe Riders & Keshiks at least, retextured or even renamed.

    In summary, there should be more variety when playing the vanilla civs, since the arrival of each expansion brought many relation-like features, I think there should be a revision on the old civs too, adding more diversity on the cards, units and age up politicians. Historical accuracy might not be the strong point of this game, but it should be something to rely things on.

    submitted by /u/ss_jetstream
    [link] [comments]

    Bugged trading post on Andes?? My explorer could not place a trading post and the box for it appears to clip into the cliffside.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    Best AI difficulty for newer players to practice against?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    I'm brand new to AoE3, but have played a bit of AoE2 and an absolute ton of AoM waaaaay back in the day, so I know what I'm doing as far as the base mechanics, but am totally fresh on the game specific stuff and especially with the non-European civs.

    I'd prefer not to hop into online just yet because I wouldn't want to be a detriment to my team, so some practice against AI seems about right. Which level is best for a player of my skill level?

    submitted by /u/rg03500
    [link] [comments]

    5 Tips for Hotkeys! | Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    Inca Spam...

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    I'm getting really tired of facing non-stop Inca players who spam chimu runners and archers. There is nothing I can do. I am outperforming and in age 3 by minute 8 and they spam me with so many units I cannot keep up. Their units are too damn cheap. What can I do? I main USA. This last game I had 20 regulars, 15 sharp, 3 gatling. and still, a mass of 30 archers and runners took them out. I was age 2 and +3k points ahead by minute 8. What can I do to combat spam Inca play?

    submitted by /u/EatingDriving
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a mod for Def.Edition to restore the progression system?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    I like unlocking stuff

    submitted by /u/Fin0
    [link] [comments]

    Playing AOE3: DE on M1 Mac

    Posted: 05 May 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    Has anyone been able to play multiplayer on an M1 Mac? I have tried using Porting Kit and Parallels but I keep getting the "Out of Sync" error. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/orange_ocelot
    [link] [comments]

    Help me with Hardest Ai

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    I'm playing Sweden and enemy ai is Britain ig I have totally surrounded the guy but I can't finish him totally help me guys

    submitted by /u/HugeWay8043
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment