• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 12, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 Four stages of internet veterancy

    Age of Empires 3 Four stages of internet veterancy


    Four stages of internet veterancy

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Counting lakota

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    I don't FUCKING UNDERSTAND how to beat Lakota. They mas cav so GODDAMN fast and just run me over. They make axe riders I make sepoy, they still win. They make bowriders and rifle riders I make gurka and sepoy, they still win. I destroy his entire base and town center at 10 minutes in the game, he rebuilds in the blink of an eye and never stops FUCKING raiding me and I STILL lose. I try and build walls but he masses too fucking quickly and if he doesn't he just goes to age 3 and gives all his units tons of siege so I STILL lose

    NOTHING FUCKING WORKS AND IT PISSES ME OFF

    I have played this game for YEARS and I am very competent, and yet in all the years I've played, I can count the number of victories I've had against lakota on one hand

    What am I doing wrong?!?!

    submitted by /u/buckshot371
    [link] [comments]

    AOE3 vs AOE3 DE

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    This is not a comparision question of pros and cons. I have heard a lot about these games, but sadly none of my friends play any such games - they are mostly into FPS and open-world games like GTA and Cyberpunk. So wanted to know if the majority of the community has shifted to AOE3 DE or AOE3 is still popular among the players? I want to go with AOE3 as AOE3 DE won't run on my PC. But I am not sure if the players still play AOE3.

    submitted by /u/reeshabhkumarranjan
    [link] [comments]

    Very few games in the multi-player lobby?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Currently it's the afternoon in North America and there's 2 open games in the multi-player lobby... Is this how dead the Definitive Edition is or am I doing something wrong? Do I have the wrong version that isn't the same as everyone else?

    Playing the Steam version by the way.

    submitted by /u/NewFoneWhoThis
    [link] [comments]

    "Hes so useful <3"

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    Isn't AOE2 kind of inferior to AOE3?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    Don't get me wrong: back in the day I played a ton of AOE2, but that was when its main competitor was like the old Starcraft. Consider that AOE3 has the following that AOE2 never had:

    • Actual different playstyles for different civilizations.
    • Each civ looks different and you have a flag to fight under.
    • Properly recorded move commands for almost all units. Byzantines in AOE2 speak Latin for christsake.
    • Siege units can actually destroy a town in this decade.
    • Fully 3D

    Why do you think AOE3 never caught on the same way? I've heard people complain that the cards prevent scouting of certain strategies. I've also heard people complain that the circular map kind of blows. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/ComeOnHitMe283
    [link] [comments]

    Global Championship Group Finals this Weekend!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    Global Championship Group Finals this Weekend!

    https://preview.redd.it/lyezofsd1p471.png?width=899&format=png&auto=webp&s=33e5a1bf6e06c995a13ee7e3bc1ac71082330759

    Global Championships Group Finals - Live on ESOCTV and EGCTV this weekend.

    Friday - Starting at 22 GMT on ESOCTV (casted by Minimoult)
    Match #1 (Group A) - Perez vs. Prinz
    Match #2 (Group H) - KINGofOsmane vs. Absolute_Eutopia

    Saturday - Starting at 17 GMT on EGCTV (casted by Pesti)
    Match #1 (Group F) - A Steady Table vs. Ageofkiller
    Match #2 (Group D) - Kaiserklein vs. iamturk

    Sunday - Starting at 18 GMT on ESOCTV (casted by Fitzbro and Mitoe)
    Match #1 (Group C) - Ezad vs. theonlybaus
    Match #2 (Group E) - Optimus vs. Soldier
    Match #3 (Group G) - Aizamk vs. kynesie

    submitted by /u/Noel_us
    [link] [comments]

    Help coming from aoe2

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    hey so just got this game and im very confused to far. Not really similar at all to AOE2 DE so im wondering if theres a vid or something that specifically shows the differences and helps players coming over from aoe2 understand aoe3 DE. Everything from the decks (which so far is the only thing i dont like from aoe3) to to the layouts and etc. Just very overwhelming going from aoe2 to this. Btw this games graphics and animations are insanely good, blows AOE2 DE out the water in that aspect.

    submitted by /u/TheRain911
    [link] [comments]

    A few questions about multi-player in the DE

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    I recently picked up this game again, and started with the DE. First, what's the difference between ranked and unranked play? I believe all multi-player games in the legacy version were ranked, right? On this one if I click on "ranked play", it takes me to a screen searching for an opponent which I never find. On the other hand I can see games to join in the "browse games" screen, but I don't know if they're ranked or not.

    Secondly, how do I see my stats? I played and won two 2v2 games yesterday, (from the "browse games" screen) and when I checked my profile after everything was still empty. There was also this "unranked level" which had like a ribbon with a single yellow bar. I'm not sure what this means and why none of the stats from my previous games showed up.

    I also went to this site: https://www.ageofempires.com/stats?game=age

    And I could only see a drop down arrow for me to check my aoe2 and aoe1 stats, there was no option for aoe3. I logged in with my steam account, btw. There was also an option to login with a Microsoft account. If I do that, is there anyway to link it with my steam account? I have a Microsoft account but I don't think I've ever connected it to aoe (I'm not sure).

    Lastly I saw on another post comparing elo to the aoe3 system, did they get rid of the Sergeant, Lance Corporal, etc rating system for the DE?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/lowerbackpain2208
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment