• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 12, 2021

    Age of Empires II Me, deciding on what strategy to use

    Age of Empires II Me, deciding on what strategy to use


    Me, deciding on what strategy to use

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    The good things is i got the dark humor achievement at least

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 12:30 AM PDT

    All hail king of the loosers!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    Beat the extreme AI. I'm getting this printed on a tshirt...

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    "X leaved the lobby" message

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    There should be a message displayed after the match when players are chatting if someone leaves. Otherwise sometimes it's hard to know if the convo has ended.

    submitted by /u/arekrem
    [link] [comments]

    _ Don't worry, supplies are coming, we'll be saved. Supplies:

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    A Civ a Month #5: Magyar

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 12:20 AM PDT

    After 30 days of siege, outnumbered and weak, I sent a message to the sky, my wounded soldiers left to die... Will they hold the wall or will the city fall?

    THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!

    Oh God. I've been waiting half a year to write that line. And here we are.

    Welcome back to the series of posts where a n00b tries to pass for a knowledgeable player. Knowledgeable : adjective. Intelligent and well informed. This, I'm not. I'm just the guy that mains every month a different civ. Mostly Arabia. Mostly 1v1. My game is mediocre. My grammar is meh. But somehow now I have some haters and some fans, and I'm a slave to my followers. So here it comes. Get ready for the battle for the plains of Pannonia.

    OK Menerell, tell us everything you know about Magyar. Or everything important. Or something funny.

    • The +1 melée attack thingy every time you advance an age. The one like a yellow anvil, you know.
    • Cheaper light cav line. Easy to understand.
    • Some castle tech that makes cav archers stronger but I didn't really use much because who likes cav archers.

    The biggest con is that they have the worst economy in the game. My haters would argue that they don't need to spend resources on forging et al., but I'll reference them to Hera's video in which he says Magyar has the worst economy, and you can argue with him.

    Flexibility of openings

    So, being what it is, you'd thing the best option is opening scouts, right? Well, Magyar are tricky because everyone would expect you to do so, and that, by the Art of War is both an advantage and a disadvantage. You know that your opponent is expecting scouts, because they have free forging and they are cheaper. But what about m@a? They benefit from forging too. All in all, magyar get one of the best scout openings and one of the best m@a openings, benefiting from both free forging and surprise factor.

    Archer line isn't that exciting, even though they get FU arbalester. Unless you can deal a lot of damage in feudal. But to be honest you can do even with Spanish or Bulgarians. But if you want to go Cavalry Archers, it's a good thing you have already your ranges up and working.

    Cavalry archers or knights?

    Well the thing with Magyar is, you have a lot of good military options, maybe because you won't have a great eco bonus. Knights, though, are a question of windows of opportunity. If you somehow get to Castle Age at the same time than your opp, your knights will be better immediately. That can be a difference in pitched battles, and we all know how often we're fighting those ones.

    In theory, CA is the better option because you get a more durable bonus. But CA is much harder to mass and to micro. But...

    CA + Hussars: the definitive army composition.

    Getting there is rough, I'm not saying otherwise. You need like 10 upgrades to make the CA's return their value. But if you get there and mass let's say 30 CA's and put hussars in frong of them... DAMN, BABE!

    And the raiding. Let's be honest. If you want to raid with CA and Hussars you're going to need an insane amount of APM. If you happen to have a decent, or just over the average APM, like myself, flooding the map with enough single-use, shoot and forget hussars, your opponent is going to be walking the path of pain very soon.

    I'd go futher and say at some point you forget about the CA and focus on getting to 70 farms and an endless stream of cheap hussars. Either your opp walls himself with stone or he's a goner. He can try to fight them off with pikes or halbs but they're like the 'rona, when you think it's over they just appear somewhere else.

    What about the magyar hussar?

    Forget about him. You want to be producing cheap single-use hussars and for that you'll need 6 or more stables. I mean, if you can build 3 castles, technically, they'll produce magyar huszars at the same rate, but if you're a cheap ass player like me, that basically loves to play with a trash unit, I sincerely doubt you'll be having 3 castles up in any game. But hey, I'm waiting to see the monthly comment of the butthurt that loves the CU and feels threatened by my humble opinion.

    Camels

    Camels, yeah. Why, devs? I don't get why your intelligences would create a unit that counters the mobile units of this game and is a mobile unit too. Like, what am I suppose to do against byzantines, chinese, saracens, indians and berebers? Roll and cry? How many times have I dominated a game only to crash my army against a numerical inferior army of camels? I can only say one thing. If you like AoE2, you don't play with camels. You play with KNIGHTS. That's what heroes do. And if you're reading this most probably you're a hero.

    Actuallt I'm pretty happy my last game of the month was against chinese, I saw the camels coming and switched to pikemen fast enough. A pitched game, but those are why we play AoE2.

    Overall impression

    Magyar isn't for the light-hearted. You're automatically in eco disadvantage when you start the game, so you need to take that back from the enmy (aka you have to force him to pay the iron price for his eco). Booming, walling, farming comes second. Offensive first. You need to think carefully how you want to hit the enemy because this isn't a civ for great comebacks, except if you survive to imperial and let the hussars out.

    As a last word, I must admit that hussar spam is now my favorite strategy. It saved my ass several times during the month, and several other times I just played it for fun. No teuton slow push, puagh! Mass archer, booh! Give me a good hussar spam every day of the week. It just makes me happy.

    Next month's civ is Aztecs!

    Previous months:

    #1 #2 #3 #4

    submitted by /u/menerell
    [link] [comments]

    This was a wild ride

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Robert the Bruce Campaign

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    All the Celts got is only a tutorial. I'm working on a full-fledged campaign where we get to show off the Celt's power.

    Robert the Bruce campaign.

    Scenarios (The protagonist of the first two scenarios is William Wallace, and subsequent scenarios will feature Robert the Bruce, who appeared in the 5th Longshanks scenario):

    1. The Battle of Stirling Bridge (Not the tutorial scenario).
    2. The Battle of Falkirk (Not the tutorial scenario).
    3. The Giant Falls (Same map as for Longshanks 5, but the player plays as Robert's POV).
    4. Wars of Robert
    5. Bannockburn
    6. Ireland

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_the_Bruce

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_War_of_Scottish_Independence

    Suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    Why cant you reconnect?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    if you disconnect why cant you reconnect to the game. Wouldnt that be a great feature that we could add to the game to improve game play?

    submitted by /u/PoopLord69722
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon Tunnel | How to beat mass Siege (ofc. when its protected)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    Amazon Tunnel | How to beat mass Siege (ofc. when its protected)

    How to counter massed siege in Amazon Tunnel map?

    I am able to counter it as long as my team picks civ sensible for Tunnel Map (atleast 2 people with SO civ and Scorpions)

    Any match the enemy has a mass and my team does not, its a complete deathball with no recovery.

    I am trying to know if there a high level trick to snipe those siege weapons in a better way.

    Since everyone wants to go siege, am interested to be a counter of them ;-)

    Here is my understanding till now

    • Palladin seems to be the best unit. Normally I would send cav to hit it but in tight spaces the pikes can slaughter my cav.
    • Bombard cannon is a lot of micro (atleast or my level of skills), and my team is interested in not wanting to help protect my cannons :(
    • British archers seem to work in maps like Arena but not as much when super massed in the Tunnel.
    • Eagles (Mayan) works great as long as enemy does not go infantry.

    My ELO

    Thanks,
    https://aoe2.net/#profile-4638020

    submitted by /u/chiya12
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a particular aoe2 twitch streamer

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 06:13 AM PDT

    I'm trying to find a age of empires 2 twitch streamer who I watched a few months ago but I forgot her twitch username and now I can't find her

    I remember that she was dressed like a medieval princess or Queen and that her chair resembled a throne

    I though her twitch name was lil__Queen but when I put that into twitch search she doesn't come up

    Anyone know who i'm talking about who could give me her username?

    submitted by /u/Robert87609
    [link] [comments]

    Khmer farm bonus but doesn't work with AEGIS, should we make a mod or drop it?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment