• Breaking News

    Monday, June 21, 2021

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The moment Riley lost his cool

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:46 AM PDT

    Guys I beat the hard AI!!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    I could beat moderate sometimes but hard was impossible. I tried build orders and continued to die. Then I followed Hera's archer rush guide. The first time I was too slow and even though I picked off a few villagers, the enemy went to castle age sometime after me. My walling was terrible and his skirms were attacking my gold villagers from outside the wall. My goal was to beat him in feudal, so I ended the game there.

    Second time I paused the video every minute and checked my villager stats against Hera's. I still went slightly off -- he goes to feudal at 22 vils, I went at 23. But this time I totally crushed the enemy with my archers omg!!! I'm so excited. This made me realize just what kinds of speed is required -- if you slow down even a little bit, or let your TC idle, or let resources pile up, you die. Next I will practice doing this exact same thing without pausing the game (lol) consistently.

    My lesson is that if you focus on the weakest link in your game and work on that, you will improve. In aoe2 or anything else I guess.

    submitted by /u/hzay_erud
    [link] [comments]

    Okay...

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    What civs that are missing a campaign would you like them to get one??

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    How to counter a Persian douche

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    Is it useful to get siege engineers for trebs?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    I'm a 1650 elo 1v1 player. I really struggle in treb wars. Almost always my castle goes down while my trebs just keep missing the enemies trebs. I want to know what are the techniques to keep your trebs alive and win treb battles.

    submitted by /u/hydrokush
    [link] [comments]

    Delirious state leads to extreme ai victory

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    I just handed up my last assignment for the semester. It was due at 9am this morning. So, of course, I started it last night and stayed up all night to hand it up at 7:30am. Perfect.

    I decided I may as well quickly play a game of aoe before I head to work. I've played the game on and off since childhood. I only vs ai and it was a proud achievement to beat hard ai a month ago. Since then I've played some hardest and extreme mixed in with hard. I usually win against hardest ai but I have never managed to beat a bloody extreme ai.

    But today, in my sleep deprived state, I did it. I fuckin did it. Yeehaaaa

    No one in my life would give a toss so I'm bragging to reddit.

    Maybe now I'll finally have the courage to play a ranked game.

    submitted by /u/sloppyclark
    [link] [comments]

    How long have you waited for your opponent to return after a pause?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:09 AM PDT

    Im currently waiting for him to return, about 30 minutes have passed already.

    submitted by /u/SirCherryman6
    [link] [comments]

    Going Abnove and Beoyond (256x) vs AI

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Hey i know this was an event a while back but iod really like to play 256x vs AI. is there anyway to get this currently ? ive tried a few 256x mods but they all crash

    submitted by /u/Lewisnic
    [link] [comments]

    dogao's face reactions in Wololo IV

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    What if you lose the center at Golden Pit?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 04:10 AM PDT

    If you start losing the Golden Pit early game, what is the best strategy? Anything for the reclaim?

    submitted by /u/Batigoal87
    [link] [comments]

    Vikings Ethiopians Ethiopians Vikings Vikings Ethiopians Ethiopians Vikings Vikings Tatars

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Wololo IV

    submitted by /u/vesnoimorskoi
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative, more flexible and relative approach for build orders?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    Hi!

    As a 800 ELO player, I have many struggles, but one is with build orders. Not in executing them, but in being flexible with them. And this strict ruling is a bit confusing for me, because I'm more focused on building the buildorder then playing the game. This is my personal problem, I know.

    And I don't mean that I don't know about buildorders, but most are presented in a way that I'm just not good at getting my head around - and I know this is a personal thing, for sure.

    On the other hand, I love numbers (I'm a SpiritOfTheLaw-Fanboy).

    I thought "What would I need personally?" and came up with an idea. My question is: Has someone already done this? This alternative approach to buildorders?

    So instead of having a strict receipe like "6 vills on boar, 4 on wood, next lures boar...", I would like to have informations like this (examples!):

    • "To support a constant knight-output (and nothing else), you need X vills on farms and Y on wood per stable, as well as X on gold"
    • "One miner creates X stone per minute in game"
    • "X vills per Y farms to not run out of wood for farms."

    With such informations, I could (in theory!) build my strategy like this: "I need two stable to produce knights, so I sort my vills that and that way. I additionally want to advance to castle in X minutes, so I must overproduce food, so I add more farms..."

    Another thing that this would help me with is in preventing overbooming in one ressource. For example, I'm so afraid of running out of wood, that I overboom in woodchopping and then have something like 2000 wood, 800 food, 400 gold and 0 stone. Dysbalanced, if you are not persian going for crossbows...

    Has anyone ever encountered such lists?

    I'm well aware that this wouldn't solve all problems of mine and that there is a huge chaos factor and hidden variables in such scenarios... But I would benefit psychologically from such information :-)

    submitted by /u/RemyZeno
    [link] [comments]

    Red Bull Wololo 4 Weekend 1- Visual for Day 2 Runestones matches [civ/opening reveals, no results]

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    Massive lag problems

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    For two weeks I've been having serious lag problems playing RM. This doesn't happen when I play campaigns or against the AI.

    The game just starts lagging a little for a few seconds, and it ends closing itself.

    I play other Games like CoH or Total war, and in both of these games my pc runs just fine with no problems.

    Has anyone experienced this kind of problems? Not gonna lie, but It's starting to kill my love for RM, I cant enjoy my matches anymore

    submitted by /u/RasecNR
    [link] [comments]

    How to play against Cumans if you don't want to choose strategy blindly?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    Arabia. 1300 Elo. I struggle against Cumans, because I don't want to go naked fast castle just because I see the name of the civ. Many players who random into Cumans play normal Feudal and I don't want to get caught off guard. I feel like fast castle loses to feudal play and feudal play loses to boom.

    The problem is that on I need to scout my resources to go fast castle. If I don't find my stuff, then it is not an option. But then I have no time to scout the opponent. When I arrive at their base, I already should have chosen my plan. The builds have diverged by that time. For the record, my scout is on the move always except when I am luring a boar. Then it might stop for a while. I'm not sure I can make my scouting more effective.

    Scouting is harder on my level also because people don't always follow a sensible build. Yesterday my opponent built a barracks and still went full walls 2 TC boom. I made scouts, because barracks means feudal play. A while ago in the same situation I assumed 2 TC boom, but then saw 3 rams in front of my base. (Scout had died after seeing the barracks, so no warning.)

    I feel like drush fast castle is too slow if the opponent is going 2 TC boom. Also, the drush wont do any damage against two TCs. Also, not my forte.

    Or should I try laming Cumans by default? This would give me information about their plan. However, I don't like the idea. Their scout will be faster in Feudal and I will have less HP. Also, I like having my own resources. Going forward risks not having either.

    An option would be to just go normal feudal with the option to switch to "fast castle" but I feel it's too slow. The time window to do damage or catch up in eco with 3 TCs is so short. I don't want to waste time with a wasted feudal.

    Am I missing something obvious? Cumans shouldn't be that strong on Arabia. No one picks them in pro level.

    submitted by /u/viiksitimali
    [link] [comments]

    Increase past 500?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Is there a mod / way to go past the 500 pop cap? been lookin around and haven't found anything. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AgentFate
    [link] [comments]

    Huns on Arena?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    Been messing around with a hun castle drop into Tarkans on arena. It's an FC on 28 pop dropping the castle with about 8-10 vils and then spamming takans from the castle. They take down the gates pretty quick and you only need a group of about 12 to take down a full garrisoned TC.

    Im having a lot of success against the extreme AI, but I want to get y'all's thoughts if this could work in ranked. For reference I am about 1050 Elo, but I don't play online very often.

    submitted by /u/GMFPs_sweat_towel
    [link] [comments]

    Monk converting mod ?!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 01:33 AM PDT

    Hi everyone It there such mod which shows which unit is monk trying to convert ? I am pretty sure that I heard/read somewhere about it .

    Thx everyone for help

    submitted by /u/myth0503
    [link] [comments]

    Chinese: Empire Wars

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 02:55 AM PDT

    Why don't Chinese get the extra villa in Empire Wars?
    It seems weird to me for them to not get their bonus. Sure they would start with less and what not but is that not what they do anyway?

    submitted by /u/AndomlyRanonymous
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone up for a round?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    I'm having difficulty getting into public lobbies due to my elo. I'm an (okay) player, but haven't played the HD online much until recently. Since my elo started at 1600 I'm dealing with the constantly getting kicked from every single lobby I am in and nobody will join mine either. I'm probably honestly more of a 1200-1400 elo player if I had to guess. Anyway, I'm just looking for people to 1v1 in ranked to try to improve or disprove my elo. (Basically get to the point where I can find my true ranking.) And also to get better at the game. I've learned most of my hotkeys and some sorts of build orders but still trying to put them into execution. Lol.

    Anyway, would anyone be interested in maybe playing with me? I'm a Steam player on HD Edition. I also have Definitive Edition but I haven't learned the default hotkeys or cared much yet to change them to my current hotkeys.

    submitted by /u/ZanMist1
    [link] [comments]

    Civ with all blacksmith techs an age earlier

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    How strong would it be for a civ to get every blacksmith tech one age earlier, and be able to build blacksmiths in Dark Age? What else would be needed in order to balance that, e.g. missing techs/upgrades to compensate?

    It seems very strong, but they would still face the same issue as old Burgundians - e.g. a feudal age eco can't easily afford castle age techs as costs ramp up. Getting e.g. bodkin in Feudal would be huge for archer rushes, galleys, towers; but also slow down your castle time by 200f100g. It puts pressure on enemies to also go Imp earlier than they might, to keep up with techs (although one could also not give them good imperial techs to make that less oppressive). Could also make for interesting all-in drushes!

    submitted by /u/musimatical
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback on June Beta testing

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    Anyone able to specify a place where a playtester can make a comment on the June Beta? Is here fine or do devs expect different?

    Been 60%+ out of sync errors during campaign coop :/

    Edit: thanks all

    submitted by /u/MChashsCrustyVag
    [link] [comments]

    Enhanced Graphics DLC makes me can't zoom out as far as without the DLC?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    Not sure if it's a bug but the enhanced graphics dlc allows me to zoom very close in which is not really helpful and I can't zoom as far out as I can without it.

    submitted by /u/MysteriousShadow__
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment