• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 13, 2021

    Age of Empires 3 Wings are cool but the animations could have been cooler

    Age of Empires 3 Wings are cool but the animations could have been cooler


    Wings are cool but the animations could have been cooler

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 08:01 AM PST

    How about a new age?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 07:59 AM PST

    Would you like a 6th age with later Victorian stuff(newer weapons,ships, uniforms,more lethal artillery,maybe some field fortification mechanic)

    submitted by /u/tolis97d
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the world "opium" banned

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 08:23 AM PST

    I was playing as russia the other day in an 8 player free for all game and only 3 players were left by the end.At that point the other 2 players(British and qing china)started talking in mandarin and were coordinating against me.. so I managed to kill the British with my Insta spawing musketeers and was getting ready to apply some colonialism to china....sooo wanting to make the victory sweeter I wrote in chat "prepare for an opium war"(yeah I know it was between UK and china irl) and to my surprise it was censored!why cant as a gamer exert some inner colonialism and make their defeat a little more painfull in the process?!

    submitted by /u/tolis97d
    [link] [comments]

    this game is so fucking good.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 01:41 PM PST

    I've been playing aoe since the first one as a little kid, got hooked on aoe2 and when aoe 3 came out it instantly became my favorite with the assymetry, setting, music, speed, everything. I've been playing it ever since, i played it so much last year that i became saturated with it, and i decided to take a break and wait until DE came out to play it with fresh eyes.

    Just got it yesterday and played a couple of matches - holy fuck. The graphics, new civs, new maps, the improved deck system, new UI, everything is even better and more polished. This is by far the best RTS i ever played, in my opinion ever better than masterpieces like aoe2 or sc2. I'm really impressed with the changes and my younger self would be even more impressed. This elevated the game to "heroes of might and magic 3" territory for me, one of the best games ever made and eternally replayable.

    I'm actually at work right now thinking about playing it later when i get home - can't remember the last game that had this effect with me. Congratulations to the developers, this is a masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/Pristine-Ad-5578
    [link] [comments]

    Not Working

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 09:42 AM PST

    Not Working

    As I start the match the minimap won't load and I can't build or do anything. I've tried to uninstall the game and all the game's folders but nothing has changed. Anyone can help?

    https://preview.redd.it/69oghcjwgez71.png?width=783&format=png&auto=webp&s=dde5de49402be4b4e27e2ae8eaefa166793c3968

    submitted by /u/Open_Operation1002
    [link] [comments]

    USA is now the new Hausa/Sweden - Severely broken and yes - at the top level of play

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 10:37 PM PST

    Alright, some level of changes were needed and cool - but any sort of outlaw build the USA has right now is absolutely broken.

    They can just make units for cheap without needing to make houses, then age up and age up again all while defending as needed easily.

    How has nobody called this out yet? I'm top 200 player and clearly outplaying them, they're literally standing there LETTING their villagers die as if to insult, knowing that an age-up, units, and a superior economy is on the way.

    It's as clearly broken as Hausa and Sweden once was. 75% of the ladder just USA spamming broken, unnecessary builds. Can't go more than 1 month at a time with this game being totally unplayable ever since release whether it's game-breaking bugs or game-breaking balance.

    Suggestions:

    Since all saloons-type builds are more viable, let saloons only support 15 pop instead of 20 with the card.
    Increase training time for all outlaw-type units by 3 seconds.
    Reduce base HP of Cowboy by 10 and attack by 1.

    submitted by /u/PositivelyUnderstand
    [link] [comments]

    Age of Empires III Definitve Edition, can’t play online with a friend.Keeps disconnecting

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 07:18 AM PST

    I have the game on Xbox Gamepass, my boyfriend has it on Steam.

    We tried playing online 6 times by now .

    We tried changing the person hosting but either way, we enter the match and a couple to ten minutes later, he gets disocnnected and the match ends .

    On the other side, I manage to stay connected but it takes 5-10minutes for my game to load (while his loads in like 2 minutes), no matter who hosts.

    We are in the same room, on the same internet connection.We tried both LAN and ONLINE.Nothing changes .

    Any idea what is going on? Internet is fast and stable, as we used to play the old AOE3 version with no problems .I also play NFS online with no issues.

    We lowered the settings to medium even tho, we have RTX GPUs on both PCs, so I think it doesn't have to do with this.

    I also tried to get us online through GameRanger instead, nut the definitive edition doesn't seem to be there .

    submitted by /u/GreenDub14
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t seem to fast eco from Age 2 with the Dutch.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 07:35 PM PST

    Does anyone have any advice? I ship food and wood first when I age 2 so I can get those banks up ASAP but I still struggle consistency making vils. Most of the time the other team rushes so I'm trying to ff as soon as I possibly can.

    I could good a good strat or maybe advice on a good deck?

    submitted by /u/wintersky__
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Scenario bugs in LAN Multiplayer

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:53 PM PST

    Hello! Roommates and I got back into AOE3 around when DE was announced and I recently took a crack at custom scenarios/maps for the first time in years.

    I got all of my triggers set up properly and ran through a number of single player tests with no issue. But when I get the game loaded for a LAN multiplayer round, I have two problems.

    1) The gametype defaults to Treaty. This isn't an issue when hosting a private non-lan game.

    2) Houses "baked in" to the scenario (each player starts with a few) don't count towards population cap. In fact, if one is destroyed the pop cap actually goes into the negatives which is pretty funny.

    Basically I'm at a complete loss here. These issues don't appear in single player at all, and online support for the scenario editor is a little shakey at best.

    Any help folks can offer would be great! We just want to siege Fort Pitt and I can't seem to unbreak this crap.

    submitted by /u/LifeMadeSimple
    [link] [comments]

    Attack mode bugged now?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 10:33 AM PST

    I havent playing the game for 1-2 months until yesterday and the attack mode felt different? Less responsive than before? Sometimes my units just walk into enemy even though I pressed attack mode button. Is this something new? Before it felt more responsive

    submitted by /u/TylerDurdenElite
    [link] [comments]

    Argentina

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 08:31 AM PST

    How are you supposed to defeat the cav units? They need to be nerfed because they ruin treaty games. Even if you make units that counter them they destroy them?

    submitted by /u/cjbd7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment