• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 13, 2021

    Age of Empires II #Scouting

    Age of Empires II #Scouting


    #Scouting

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 03:42 AM PST

    Excellent shitpost

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 09:26 PM PST

    Hello, AoE community! I'm a novice to the AoE, Reddit, and stuff that happens here. I find this place so chilly and friendly, so I decided to make a meme for this community. Have a great weekend y'all!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 07:50 PM PST

    Microsoft pliz ����

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 03:33 AM PST

    When do you use Galleons over Fire Ships?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:03 PM PST

    Fire Ships literally counter almost every breed of Ship there is (excluding Korean Turtle Ships), so are Galleons a dying part of the meta or are there any situation where they really shine or make a difference over fire ships??

    submitted by /u/UAForever21
    [link] [comments]

    When I reach the Post-Imperial phase during a game 11

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 10:31 AM PST

    Can somebody please tell me why 'Historical Battles' are categorised as 'African Campaigns'?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 06:07 AM PST

    Is anybody else's game crashing/dropping/stuttering a lot more since the most recent update?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 05:45 AM PST

    Since the most recent patch/update my game has been crashing like 3 or 4 times at least every time I play. Sometimes it just closes, no error message or anything, which has happened when both loading into a ranked match and also at random times throughout ranked matches. It's also been way more stuttery, and not just in late game/post-imp, but at all sorts of random times. I've also been losing connection to the server in the middle of games much more often too, and although a lot of the time it does reconnect me it's obviously so annoying and inconvenient having periods of 30secs - 1min where I'm unable to control anything.

    My internet's fine and I've had no issues with any other games, and it only started since the most recent patch.

    Anybody else having issues? Found any fixes?

    submitted by /u/ForceFedPorkPies
    [link] [comments]

    I just experienced my first Persian TC drop.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 09:44 PM PST

    So... I played this game a lot, like, forever ago, as I'm sure most of you others did. Mostly against AI during periods where I did not have access to internet. Let's just say I'm not super up to date with the game, but I'm getting back into it and enjoying it a lot, the improvement is coming in terms of strategy and my micro/macro is getting better.

    Anyways, I'm a little above 1000 ELO right now, dipped down a bit below 900 as I started out. This dude just TC dropped me with Persians, obviously I'd heard about the strategy and seen a bunch of people lose or win against it on streams.

    Considering it was the first time happening I was unsure what to do, but I moved my vils and deleted my TC before building a new one. Because I was Britons I didn't really have any farms at the time of this happening, so I just kind of kept playing. Got up to CA and put down a defensive castle. After a little back and forth he resigned, boy am I glad he wasn't sure what to do in the situation either, but I now feel initiated.

    Hope you all have a great time and I must say, thus far, this community is amazing, I'm a long time Dota 2 player and the difference is bloody massive, brilliant and I love it. I'll keep improving and hope you all will too!

    submitted by /u/Maladaptivism
    [link] [comments]

    Negative feedback loop when losing too many games in a row

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 10:13 PM PST

    I play AoE2 on cloud gaming service with significant latency (imagine eAPM < 30) and used to float around 1200. Recently after somehow losing 5-7 ranked 1v1 games in a row, I realize I lost my patience and often rage quits after the M@A rush killed my first villager, which in turn leads to more loss. Now my account reaches 1k and I still rage quits a lot, with minds speaking "how could I not properly defending a TR from 1k player". The entire process of dropping elo -> blaming self -> rage quits -> dropping more elo frustrated me a lot.

    I know I need to take a break and change my mind, but feel like such negative feedback loop could be a common issue for all competitive ranked games. Anybody experiencing the same issue? Would anyone give some suggestions on how to deal with it?

    submitted by /u/anon_502
    [link] [comments]

    How is it possible that the game we love so much survived 22 years and is still going? Games come and go, but aoe 2 stays. I sat down and thought about it, eventually put my thoughts into this video. What do you think? Is aoe 4 going to be the same, or will it die?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 08:42 AM PST

    Dynamic Build Order Reader

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:22 AM PST

    I made a small windows application for this. It's very simple: you edit a txt file with your own build order, you open the application (it will stay on top of the game), you click start at the start of the game and then it shows you a different set of instructions each minute (each line in the txt file is a in-game minute of instructions).

    I'm wondering if there's any interest in the comunity for this kind of application, so I can release it. Or maybe if there's already a similar mod or app that does this that I couldn't find, please let me know.

    This how it looks in game: https://imgur.com/a/KWxRG7X

    Update: Since I saw that there is interest for such tool, I worked on it all night and I have a first version uploaded in github here https://github.com/vixark/RTS-Helper/releases/tag/1.0.0 (there's also the code if you want to check it out or use that). Try it and let me know what you think about it. I will make a new post when I consider it bug free and with all the good features that the early testers suggest.

    submitted by /u/Vixark
    [link] [comments]

    My gaming/casting setup. Thank you to the person who made the build order sheet. I saved it from someone here and set it as my background for my second monitor. Don’t know I waited so long do set it up like this.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 09:33 AM PST

    Co-op campaigns

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 09:41 PM PST

    What are your opinions on the co-op campaigns? I just played through the Attila the Hun one with a friend and it was awesome, but it seems like playing with a random person would be much less fun and even annoying. Anyways, I'd like to know everyone else's thoughts.

    submitted by /u/The8BitMiner
    [link] [comments]

    Is spec cheating a rampant issue?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 07:22 PM PST

    There have been times where my games are being spectated and some fishy stuff starts happening in my games. Like premptive counters to my units and raids on my outer mining camps.

    I even had one game where it was a team game and we killed one of them and he resigned, but the eye symbol stayed next to his name the whole game.

    After we killed him the other opponent was able to prevent a castle drop coming from fog of war and able to anticipate when I attacked him (gathering his army in the same place)

    Now, without getting accusatory; is spec cheating a common issue? And how can it be solved / mitigated. I can't say for sure they are cheating but it doesn't feel like a fair game when I see an unknown spectator watching my game.

    submitted by /u/Cstruggz
    [link] [comments]

    [Quintanilla] Age of Empires: a History and a Wiki | A look at Age of Empires esports and its future

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 09:42 AM PST

    'SlamJam - Play with me / AOE's to die for'

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 01:05 PM PST

    How can I know if my maa can kill a vil running towards the tc?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:44 PM PST

    They say to not lose maa to tc but I don't know when to commit. I see pros do it and succeed but when I try it the villager gets into the tc at one hp and I lose half of my army. Obviously I could just play it safe but it would be nice to know when I can get a vil kill without losing much.

    submitted by /u/MysteriousShadow__
    [link] [comments]

    How to make Graphics Mods? (Definitive Edition)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 01:36 PM PST

    Been looking all over, but I can't find a proper Guide for it anywhere.

    submitted by /u/PixelBrush6584
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment