• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 20, 2021

    Age of Empires II Gaia decides to take a stance

    Age of Empires II Gaia decides to take a stance


    Gaia decides to take a stance

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 02:38 AM PST

    Found this sticker in a bar in Hamburg, Germany. Does anybody know some context or who these guys are? 11

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 06:30 AM PST

    Just won my first game on ranked...

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 04:14 AM PST

    ... and feeling pretty good about it. My previous PC couldn't handle the benchmark test for ranked on DE, so I just ended up spending way too much time playing against the AI.

    Honestly, losing against a human is still more fun than winning against the computer. As the AI likes to say, it is naught but clockwork.

    submitted by /u/Aggressive_Sprinkles
    [link] [comments]

    Bizarre floating scout bug leads to it getting trapped

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 08:35 AM PST

    Made my first aoe meme

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 09:40 AM PST

    The Fall of Constantinople, 1453

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 07:31 PM PST

    How to make your base look good? Aesthetic? Cool looking?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 09:54 PM PST

    I donot play ranked games and the few i play are with my cousion or some friends.
    While a lot of attention is given to efficiency and "maximizing potential resource outputs". In games without alot of high stress agression and plenty of free time to make your base, I was looking for someways to make it look good if you know what i mean.
    There are plenty of resources online to learn how to be more effecient or get faster timings but borderline 0(few google searches) on how to make it look good.

    So i was wondering if someone could give me a few pointers/tips/tricks/links/guides on how i could spend 2 hours making something and be like daaaaamn that's a good city. Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Watashi_9
    [link] [comments]

    Game crashes randomly

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 08:31 AM PST

    I've had two different kind of crashes during online games:

    1. Game just crashes out of nowhere
    2. Game freezes and windows window opens up "there is a problem with this program" and then forces me to close the game.

    I have a surface pro (5th gen) with an i7 intel core 7th gen processor and 16 RAM.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/surface-pro-5th-gen-features-42d321e4-52d6-dcb1-e014-9ffc76fbca14

    I play the game on an external Desktop (1920x1080) on low resolution with my surface closed, connected to a dock, running only on one screen (the external desktop). I close all programs that could take performance away from the game and set the battery setting on "high performance".

    I have good internet (600 mbit/s) and it's connected via ethernet cable on my dock.

    Is it a bug or is my pc not the device the game should be played on? If it really is a bug, i was hoping that the devs would have fixed it in this most recent update… very frustrating.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/theouteducated
    [link] [comments]

    Going to bed with the soothing voice of Dave casting KotD4. Soo nice

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 12:27 PM PST

    Age of (Stone)Walls

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 02:33 AM PST

    So we've had the big palisade and housewall nerf, which I like a lot and have wanted for a while personally. Obviously it's intended to promote aggression but it does make me wonder whether it will have the opposite effect.

    Do you think the housewall/palisade nerf is going to result in more stonewalling, and is that likely to be worthwhile? I could see a stonewall FC into 1 TC aggression being really strong since you don't need the stone for a TC anyway and you can always mine more if you want a castle eventually (obviously you might struggle with an early castle drop). Sicilians, Poles, Spanish all strike me as good proponents of this, either because of a stone bonus or because of faster building on the slower stonewalls (I know Spanish tend to make a Castle but they can just as easily go knights with cheaper upgrades). Maybe Incas as well? To be honest I don't even know if you can afford to stonewall a whole base without mining, I've never tried it before. Perhaps you also need a big eco bonus if you want to click up in good time. Mongols or Lithuanians spring to mind. Vikings?

    Obviously one downside to this is that you need to be in Feudal to stonewall so maybe it's not that fast of a Castle, I feel like clicking up on 22 or 23 pop and immediately tasking a few vils to stonewall will still get you a solid time if your opponent is going for Feudal aggression, though early scouts/MAA could be a problem. Anyway I don't really have a good sense of this is viable or reasonable to expect, the only times I've seen it before are a super greedy Mongol FC thing (which I punished anyway) and Poles doing it because they have so much surplus stone that why the hell not?

    submitted by /u/Snikhop
    [link] [comments]

    Handicap is a great addition.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 12:36 PM PST

    I played yesterday with two friends who are not very good. Im 1000 elo or so, but with the 200% handicap vs one of them and 165%% with the two of them it really makes it balanced.

    Kudos to the devs and hopefully this will get more people into aoe2.

    submitted by /u/pettypaybacksp
    [link] [comments]

    Game being unable to control sometimes when switching to other windows

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 05:45 AM PST

    So like the title, the game sometimes will become unable to control(unable to click on any buttons neither doing any units controlling, only being available to scroll the camera), y'all know if this is a unfixable bug or there's a way to solve it?

    submitted by /u/AirSky_MC
    [link] [comments]

    Potential new hack going around.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 03:13 PM PST

    Just played a match against AI where one of my teammates was able to spam scouts indefinitely without any food eco and also was able to go to castle and end the game in 22 minutes.

    Rewatched the replay and sure enough after he made 2 stables suddenly there were 10 scouts queued up in both at 0 food cost.

    If you suddenly get overwhelmed by impossible unit spam, you now know why. I already reported him.
    Here's the replay file (using discord link since I struggle with google drive for some reason)

    submitted by /u/FoxyAmy
    [link] [comments]

    Only my second online victory! My opponent (red) rushed to Imperial Age, and I thought I was done for. I threw all my militia at his town center and destroyed it, and he resigned.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 10:57 AM PST

    UI lag on Art of War tutorial and custom scenarios

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 10:56 AM PST

    Hi guys. Im having a problem while trying to complete the Art of War tutorial scenarios. Basically, after about 15 to 20 minutes, the UI starts to lag out, making it impossible to play. For example, when i click a TC to create viallgers, the UI still shows me the options of the previous unit or building i selected for like 5 seconds and then it gets to the TC related options.

    This lag keeps getting worse as time goes on. I also got the same bug on custom maps for build order training like the Interactive Build Order Guide map pack.

    Thank you all for your time

    submitted by /u/chadoquiano
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a 6x or 9x tech mod that works with AOE 2 DE.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 10:07 AM PST

    Only found one 3x tech mod that not crashing the game

    submitted by /u/slavsetup
    [link] [comments]

    But you - you haven't - this was before - hold on

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 08:07 PM PST

    what's the name of mbl's vululu sound mod?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 02:25 AM PST

    I once subscribed to it, but I recently found it nowhere.... did they remove this mod?

    submitted by /u/BattleshipVeneto
    [link] [comments]

    Why did the Manipur out?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 09:56 AM PST

    Like, the building bonus was great no? Who cares about an Arambai bonus against archers? Especially since they aim as my drunk uncle.

    submitted by /u/Dull-Fun
    [link] [comments]

    How to add shortcut to desktop? (gamefiles location?)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 03:29 AM PST

    Hi I'm trying to add the aoe2 de shortcut to my desktop, because at the moment I'm launching it from the search in the start menu. But I can't find where the game files are located, so can't make a new shortcut to run the program!

    Also when the game is launched I can right click the tab and there's an option to add shortcut to start menu or taskbar, but none for desktop. I feel like I'm being really silly and missing it.

    submitted by /u/chickenchickenyay
    [link] [comments]

    New patch is good, but lot of old issues still persists

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 05:09 AM PST

    Possible Market Bug?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 05:06 PM PST

    I have hotkeys for buying and selling at the market. After the latest patch, when I use the hotkeys it buys and sells in chunks of 500. Anyone else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/kwintific
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't we build roads in imp?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2021 04:44 AM PST

    Was thinking this could be a cool feature for players that like to play sim city. Would have no value other than aesthetics, but I always thought every good city should have some roads (as in the ones already in the scenario editor). Technically, could kind of place it like a farm..

    submitted by /u/Nobody414
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment