• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 14, 2021

    Age of Empires II New in Nov PUP - Order of how the waypoints had been placed

    Age of Empires II New in Nov PUP - Order of how the waypoints had been placed


    New in Nov PUP - Order of how the waypoints had been placed

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 05:00 AM PST

    We've been cleaning our house and I happened to find a whole bunch of old stuff including this. It's still up to date, right?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 11:58 AM PST

    Chang’an during the Tang dynasty (higher res + labels)

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 10:59 PM PST

    2 years in, another shoutout to my dad's friend who's been running DE almost nonstop since it was released

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 10:07 AM PST

    In case you didn't know: AoE 2 DE is bundled with scans from the manuals of 'Age of Kings' + 'The Conquerors' + their respective readme files

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 01:32 AM PST

    Spirit of the Law explains how the new Handicap option works

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 02:10 PM PST

    On this day in 2019, Age Of Empires II Definitive Edition was released. What were your highlights?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 09:41 PM PST

    If there were a mod that allowed you to play with a mix of two civs (get tech tree and properties of both civs) what combinations would be incredibly powerful?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 09:14 AM PST

    Off the top of my head, Bulgarians and Poles sounds really good. Winged Hussar with Stirrups and trample damage would be incredible, and Poles provide an economic motivation to mine stone early, which plays greatly to the advantage of the Bulgarian bonuses and techs.

    Khmer and Celts could make for ridiculous scorpions and very solid eco.

    Slavs and Teutons would have an incredible boom and frighteningly strong champions.

    submitted by /u/Realistic_0ptimist
    [link] [comments]

    100% All Achievements for AOE2 DE

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 02:58 PM PST

    Players deleting all buildings and running their scouts into our TC's, did it 2 games in a row.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 10:19 AM PST

    Players deleting all buildings and running their scouts into our TC's, did it 2 games in a row.

    These four were deleting all their stuff and running their scouts into our TC's. Did it 2 games in a row. Why do that?

    https://preview.redd.it/2agep3e9slz71.jpg?width=437&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d0d3bf5be20b34341a6cd2f6382a96cc21d8d536

    submitted by /u/Senposai
    [link] [comments]

    My enemy said he/she would report me for hacking, should I worry?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 12:36 PM PST

    For a bit of context, I was 1v1 in EW in Haboob.. I lost many times due to scout rush to my woodline, so this time I literally sent my scout to his woodline and killed 1 vil (it was very fast, I must admit). He said I was a cheater, and many offensive words. We talked for a while, and I told him to watch the recording, and I resigned (I didn't want him to feel bad, honestly).

    He/she said he/she would report me, should I worry about it?

    submitted by /u/AlanAppRed
    [link] [comments]

    Found this on r/trebuchetmemes

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 10:33 AM PST

    11 Consecutive Lost Team Random games!!!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 12:29 PM PST

    11 lost Team Random games in a raw. Might be my fault in some games but all those games I have the feeling I get matched up with more experienced opponents while my team mates are rather inexperienced. Has anyone else exerienced something like this? 🤯

    submitted by /u/stamatis_ix
    [link] [comments]

    Sneaky Elephants

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 11:41 AM PST

    I just bought aoe 2

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 12:23 AM PST

    I have just bought aoe 2 and just played a little campaign . I was hoping to get some tips for a noob like me because I have heard that aoe is pretty complex

    submitted by /u/crazyboydhoom
    [link] [comments]

    Camels?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 06:42 AM PST

    850 elo Persians player here:

    I tech into camels fairly often to take care of enemy cavalry; I like them a lot. A bunch of people on my last post in this sub were saying camels are actually garbage—is this really true and should I stop using them?? Is there any situation that they're useful? (I typically use them to go all-in early castle age +skirms and cheap xbows stomp a cav civ.)

    submitted by /u/Col_Sandy_Fries_6
    [link] [comments]

    Will the November update be today?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 04:45 AM PST

    If yes, what time?

    submitted by /u/GroteJager
    [link] [comments]

    AoE2 World Tour!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 02:52 PM PST

    Hi everyone! I'm excited to announce the beginning of the AoE2 World Tour. This is a series in which I cast games from the highest rated player of every country of the world. Obviously that means we'll be seeing the 2k5 and 2k6 players from China, Brazil, Finland, etc. but we'll also stop off at Mexico, Portugal, Australia, Morocco, Luxembourg, Mongolia ... pretty much anywhere you can find Age players!

    The fantastic thing about the World Tour is that we're going to see the full range of elos. Our very first set of games we'll be looking at a 500 elo player from Afghanistan, a 1200 from Albania, and a 1500 from Algeria. I'll be casting the recs live on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/sea_bomb starting in just under half an hour (23:15 GMT) and I'd love to see you there!

    submitted by /u/SeaBombAoE
    [link] [comments]

    You know things went south in your team when your teammate walls your scout in 11

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 05:30 PM PST

    Best feeling after a win (1v1)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 02:36 AM PST

    What's the best 1v1 win, feelings-wise?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/feloniousjunk1743
    [link] [comments]

    Mod/hotkey to select one less unit?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 10:47 AM PST

    I would love to be able to select one less unit with a hotkey. Would be super useful to micro villagers. For example, you select 5 vills and shift click to build 5 farms. Then task them all to the first farm, select one less unit, task all remaining (4 vills) to the second farm, select one less and task to the third farm, and so on. You can already do this by ctrl clicking one one vill (on the vill or the vill icon in the selection box), but it takes a lot more clicking and you have to be precise Could also be used for a new lumber camp or microing monks (though arguably OP for monk micro).

    I don't believe there is a hotkey for this. Is it possible to do a mod for this (that would work for multiplayer)?

    submitted by /u/maxbellec
    [link] [comments]

    Quite a unique map gen for Arena, lol.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 12:39 PM PST

    Just finished hosting my first tourney - Nomad Wars - a write up

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 10:51 AM PST

    Just concluded hosting my first AOE2 tournament. A 1v1 Nomad only open to all elos and spread out across over 6 brackets. I had no idea how many people would sign up, but I saw a gap in tournaments where there was a clear need for a Nomad style tournament that utilises interesting and diverse civ settings. The tournament was very well subscribed and we had over 200+ people sign up. I was very surprised. My initial plan was to limit brackets to 32, but I decided to let people sign up to extend the tournament.

    There were 487 total games of Nomad played so there was a shit load of different matchups with the settings of the tournament. BO3 was hidden pick and no repeat so we seen lots of mirror matchups which is a great way of deciding who is the better player. BO5 had a mass banning system which was vastly different from the BO7 which had a global hidden ban (both players could ban the same civ) and picking 8 civs. It was great to have variety in the way players have to pick civs, and I think it's important to have some variety in the settings to push players and reward preparation.

    In the sub 1K we had 18 people sign up. #15 Chinesehero came out victorious with a great upset.

    1k-1250, Applejack was our victor out of the 60 players signed up.

    64 people in this bracket. Snowman won the 1250-1500, recently coming over from HD where he just played Nomad.

    32 entered here in the 1500-1750 we even had Dave_AOE enter, but crash out in the first round. Our champion Ray went the full tournament not dropping a single game. Absolute domination!

    We had a $100 prizepool for the 1750-2k where we had another American win, this time from Eli who had an insane final against bipeng2008. Trushes, castle drops and even a persian douche in this one, it was an insane set!

    In 2k+, no surprises there PROject_Belgium came home with the W and not losing a single game in the process. Takes home $200 not a bad pay day, meanwhile Mr Bean takes home $100.

    My initial plan was not to have any prizes, but I was very lucky to get some donations from LB10, Snowman, greenleaf and an anonymous donor. I added $110 in myself. Also thanks to RockDove for sorting out some non-cash prizes for the lower elo brackets. I decided not to have any cash prizes for the lower elo to reduce motivation for smurfing. Having cash prizes for low to mid elo is just not worth the hassle and not why players at this level should be playing for anyway.

    All in all, the tournament was a great success! Only 14 ALs out of all the 200 or so sets, a AL rate of 6.96% (really lmao).

    Now for a break and on to the next one in January. A 2v2 tournament using the standard Nomad style maps in DE in aid of homelessness. The homeless are quite a misunderstood and marginalised population, it only seemed right to try and raise funds for a problem where in Nomad we are literally trying to make a home for ourselves. In our duos we also have a helping hand from our team mate. Sometimes in life, that's all people need is a helping hand.

    If anyone has any questions about hosting a tournament and going about it, I would love to help with any questions! I admin'd the thing myself and it is doable!

    submitted by /u/paradox909
    [link] [comments]

    850+ hours and 1250 games later, finally breached 1k elo!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 12:02 PM PST

    AoE2 World Tour is underway!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 12:13 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I had an absolutely fantastic time this morning casting the first set of games in the World Tour, starting with the highest rated players in Afghanistan, Albania and Algeria. I'll be continuing the global celebration of this amazing game tomorrow from 21:00 gmt with games from Andorra, Argentina and Armenia.

    I'm wanting to make this series as accessible and consistent for people as possible, though being in an Australian timezone and also as a relatively new father I might not always be able to stream around the same time (and I also don't want to spam reddit everytime I'm thinking of going live). Because of this I'll be making sure my schedule is up to date on my twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/sea_bomb

    For anyone who can't make it or isn't interested in twitch, I'll upload the games to youtube for you to enjoy. Here is the first game of the series - Afghanistan!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cswxNI2QBV4

    submitted by /u/SeaBombAoE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment