• Breaking News

    Friday, March 4, 2022

    Age of Empires II If I can't win my way then what's the point? Charge my Shotel warriors!

    Age of Empires II If I can't win my way then what's the point? Charge my Shotel warriors!


    If I can't win my way then what's the point? Charge my Shotel warriors!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 02:16 AM PST

    Remove the tuetonic knights immobility and suddenly you have major problems

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 02:41 AM PST

    Cutest base I've seen

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 04:41 AM PST

    Fake towns, anyone use this strategy?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 05:41 AM PST

    It is a skill I used 20 years ago when playing non-revealed map. We are in dark or fog so we set up small aka "fake towns" on the map. These towns could be like 2-3 houses, a camp, a windmill with 1-2 farms , few solders on patrol . After Castle age then I add Town Center or castles to 2-3 of these fake towns . Sometimes I might blow them up and rebuilt in another place.
    Then my enemy sometime confused and not sure where I am the real one and he can't do multi focused attack.
    I am picking up this game again and see many are focused on speed and rush attack skill.
    So is that this "fake town " strategy being obsoleted?

    submitted by /u/kl122002
    [link] [comments]

    Don't worry man. Just hold on. I got this. Trust in me.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:27 AM PST

    Minor traffic jam during an Amazon Tunnel game

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 04:06 PM PST

    Idle villager warning mod only working the men

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:23 AM PST

    Unit Idea: Herding Dog

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 08:33 AM PST

    A herding dog should be created out of the mill or TC. Depending on civilization it could have the skin of an Australian Sheppard, Border Collie, Finnish Lapphund, Canaan Dog and the like.

    The dog would herd dear, antelope, and similar game.

    I say this because I just watched a Hera video where he had trouble herding deer. If he has trouble what shot do I have?

    Also I love dogs.

    submitted by /u/AdaminPhilly
    [link] [comments]

    How situational are Coustillers?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 07:12 AM PST

    Just how situational are they? On what circumstances do you make them?

    submitted by /u/hussar269c
    [link] [comments]

    How to best make use of saracens? Does anyone know a player that is particularly good with them or a rec where saracens are shown in their full potential?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:31 AM PST

    I'm asking as a follow up to a recent post where someone asked what kept saracens from being S tier, and lots of people answered they have a great potential that's hard to tap in their market bonus. If you don't have an example of a rec or a good player, could you please just explain very clearly how to use them?

    submitted by /u/loefferrafael
    [link] [comments]

    Average elo

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 08:44 AM PST

    Hello, does anyone know if there is a simple way to found out what a player's average elo is?

    submitted by /u/kwintific
    [link] [comments]

    Monks are OP

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 12:42 PM PST

    New player

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 12:36 PM PST

    I am a returning player after like 10 years so I do know a few things, but the game has updated and a lot of new factions has been added. I want your opinions about Franks, Japanese and Britons since they are the ones I mostly played before. I am looking to play ranked but for now just AI so maybe I will get a little insight myself. If there are any other nice factions feel free to suggest.

    submitted by /u/mandarinw
    [link] [comments]

    My husband wants me to start playing aoe 2 de with him. He’s roughly 650 Elo. Does anybody have any advice on how long it would take for me to play on a similar lv to him? Or advice to play online?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 04:59 PM PST

    Where are good places to go to keep up with the meta?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 08:11 AM PST

    So I've recently started plying again after about a 20 year hiatus lol. I've also gotten into watching some streaming videos and such, and people have mentioned the meta but I actually have no idea what it is. My assumption is scouts to archers to knights, like everyone talks about when someone asks for a build order; but what civs are considered meta, do the metas change for different maps (Arabia vs Arena for example)? Where's a good website to go to find some of this info?

    submitted by /u/Impulsive-Motorbike
    [link] [comments]

    New player learning the game with italians looking for advice

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 08:11 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I came back to this childhood jewel of mine a few weeks ago. I've watched T90 streams and a bunch of stuff over the past few years, played the campaigns in HD and finally now I wanted to start giving online a go.

    I've started with franks, because of their straight forward plan, but eventually I started noticing that spamming Knights into dropping castles with a cool build order didn't really teach me the game.

    So I wanted to swtich it up into Italians, because my family is italian immigrants I found it fun to role play a bit, also because of their diversity in game plans. I wanted to force myself to playout post imperial games to learn how to manage eco/wars in a major scale. I've been struggling a bunch.

    I usually try to go 3 tc boom into imp, but always my opponents get faster times (allthough I have the cheaper upclick they tend to have better resource efficiency). I sometimes rush scouts or archers, but my archers are so slow they usually already have stuff to counter.

    By the time I hit castle I'm mostly prepping to face knights on the other side, trying to mass geno crossbowmen. Between raids my tc usually ends up looking like a 2 tc, 20 farms clicking up into imp after 20 minutes of back and forth battle in castle.

    How can I improve my game plan? Any tips handling a diverse game plan oriented civ?

    submitted by /u/Turn_1_Zoe
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks community for the rich feedback for my 1st AoE themed video. Here is part 2 for those interested in history

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 01:01 PM PST

    Start over with a second account: "morally" acceptable?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 05:08 AM PST

    I plan to create a second account to start with a clean sheet. My first account is two or three years old and the first 30-40% were total noob games.

    Let's say I've reached 1300-1400 elo now and just want to start over, just for fun and just to start an account at my current level. In the first 5 - 10 games you can of course meet players with lower ratings who might get frustrated. What's the etiquette in this case?

    I want to frustrate other players, but i also want to do my project (it doesn't matter how others judge the project, it's interesting for me). Since many pro player also have a second, third or fourth account, can that be considered acceptable in the community?

    submitted by /u/Just_A_Random_Guy234
    [link] [comments]

    How come my mods keep not working?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:02 AM PST

    ETA: I know that mods turn off after updates. Thats not what this is about.

    I dont mean after an update when they all turn off. I noticed a while ago and it's probably been asked, but a bunch of my mods will randomly not work. Like ill start a 1v1 and suddenly no longer have small trees, or my grid will disappear. Is it because the mod isn't updated? My last game my improved resource panel and idle vill pointer both disappeared and it really messed me up

    submitted by /u/DemonIlama
    [link] [comments]

    How to Buff Elephants in AOE2

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:15 AM PST

    I think all elephant units namely Battle Elephants, War Elephants, Elephant Archers, and Balista Elephants in AOE2 are really weak and underwhelming. I think the main reason is that they die too easily to halberdiers. And I understand that they have to have a counter. But the counter is too cheap and powerful to ever make the Elephants worth it, especially in 1v1s where gold is limited.

    So I think to buff the elephants, we need to reduce the -60 damage and keep it the normal -32 damage which the halberdiers normally do. And make the scorpions which are generally another underwhelming unit, and gunpowder units a counter to Elephants. That's because historically the way elephants were weak to them.

    Furthermore, elephants might not be as fast as horses but they definitely are faster than humans. So make elephant archers faster than all infantry units.

    Doing these changes I think will make the elephants more viable and we will see them a lot, especially in 1v1s.

    Also on a side note make the elephant archers fire multiple arrows like the Chu Ko Nu. Because historically you would have 3 to 4 people sitting on the elephant to fire arrows.

    submitted by /u/ashura_the_demon
    [link] [comments]

    Great video essay on why the Andre_2i vs Rubenstock game was so inspirational | SeaBomb: Why we should care about the 98 hour-long AoE2 game

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 05:42 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment