• Breaking News

    Monday, March 7, 2022

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Age of Empires II Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers


    Medieval Monday: Ask Your Questions and Get Your Answers

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 04:00 AM PST

    Time for another weekly round of questions.

    Talk about everything from build orders to advanced strategies.

    Whatever your questions, the community is here to answer them.

    So ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Me: "I wonder why my gold income is so slow..." The trading route:

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 11:46 AM PST

    SOTL: How to get free farms! (by stealing them)

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 09:58 AM PST

    Me whenever I use my Onagers

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 06:02 PM PST

    How my emotion switches while watching their videos

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 11:16 AM PST

    Full Feudal Scouts

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 10:33 AM PST

    I just want to hear your opinion on this strategy. A scouts build, but instead of making 4-8 and going to castle, you just keep pumping out scouts and adding farms. Get bloodlines, add 2nd stable, add blacksmith and get upgrades, and 3rd and 4th stable. And keep pumping scouts and raiding economy. I add a tower if the opponent is walled and i need to get in his base. And I'll go up to castle around min 30, depending on how the game goes.

    After playing like this way for about a week, I'm get the feeling that this play really tilts some players. And it's quite understandable, the play is infuriating. Especially when you make it to castle, you have a mass of xbows, but it gets wiped out by upgraded feudal scouts.

    submitted by /u/puppySaturation
    [link] [comments]

    Which feature of the current Arabia annoys you the most?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 05:57 AM PST

    Personally I like the openness, as it stops DIY Arena, but I think the map sometimes just go too far. Yes, if I have messed up woodline, so does my opponent, but image if I'm playing an archers civ and they are cav; the only one woodline I have is forward, and they have it at the back...

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Odd-Ad-2671
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I getting the Rhapsody of the Bohemians achievement when I don't even have the DLC?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 08:39 AM PST

    So today I was playing the Bapheus historical battle and the achievement of 'Rhapsody of the Bohemians' popped out even though I don't even have the Dawn of the Dukes DLC!

    My theory is that the achievement is also counting regular Bombard Cannons (because I played Sforza the other day).

    submitted by /u/AppleEmpire_2629
    [link] [comments]

    Hmmmm

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 05:22 AM PST

    Palings for archers?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 01:29 PM PST

    From AoE4, palings but for some other arches than the longbowman.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Mak_27
    [link] [comments]

    Civs which play similar to Bulgarians?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 01:04 PM PST

    So, I'm at 1k rating after having played about 100 games, primarily as Bulgarians going early MAA --> scouts ---> whatever I need to stop my opponent.

    I really like the civ cause they can do pretty much everything, your blacksmith works so dang fast and the early upgrades are so cheap I can easily switch tech in an instant.

    but I need to expand a bit, what are some nice civs that mainly focuses on infantry/unique units and that can do both cavalry and infantry quite well? I've been looking at slavs mainly at the moment.

    submitted by /u/Nesqu
    [link] [comments]

    Recap of the 800 elo Show Match yesterday

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 12:50 AM PST

    Make the AI attack walls and gates?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 07:24 AM PST

    I was wondering if it's even possible to make the AI attack walls and gates as it is impossible with the "Attack move" trigger and I could not find the command for it to do so through its script. However I have seen it done so in a custom campaign (Dmitry Donskoy btw) and I would really appreciate it if you can give me an answer

    submitted by /u/slavically
    [link] [comments]

    Idk if it’s been posted before, but here we go boom boom boom

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 10:13 AM PST

    What is this player doing?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 03:07 AM PST

    What is this player doing?

    Recently I faced a player in Arena and they were extremely rude. I tried some early aggression to break in and raid and I am bad so after that failed I fumbled, crashed and lost because I am specially bad at arena. This player started being toxic to me as soon as I said gg laughing at me for going "archers and siege only", like literally insulting me and calling me a noob, out of literally nowhere. Anyways, this player was lower elo than me so that was weird like, they were 540 or something, I am 750 right now.

    I looked this person's profile up. It's very weird. I downloaded some of their games and they all have this person and their opponent answering the exact same thing to each other in some east asian characters , in all the games that they win. So my first question is, is this just an spectator bug? It's not like, a conversation, it's literally just both people using the exact same characters back and forth sporadically

    https://preview.redd.it/2h4c8q2am0m81.png?width=537&format=png&auto=webp&s=9878b4517242bcf14a8887138eea01d14bf97a39

    And then, I went to look at one of their lost games, and they literally resigned from like 6 games in a row in a span of 20 minutes

    https://preview.redd.it/gjb3cencm0m81.png?width=640&format=png&auto=webp&s=3d538f44d9fd63525942c4aadb697d971aa09078

    What is this player doing? And why?

    Edit: I think I get it now from the comments. This player probably only plays arena and likes to stomp noobs. Because they only play arena, that's where they want their games to last, because they just resign from the other ones. Since I tried early aggression and messed up my eco and the player was pushing my walls right after I tried to attack and I had no answer, I resigned "early" to their liking, because now they'd have to resign from a bunch of other maps again over and over until they got arena once more. So they got pissed and started flaming me.

    submitted by /u/saatsin
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favourite techniques to take down castle trebs?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 04:15 AM PST

    Castle trebs = trebs next to castles.

    Still unable to handle being treb pushed.

    submitted by /u/elefefefef
    [link] [comments]

    El Cid - Reconquista victory bug?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 01:54 AM PST

    Help...twice now ive obliterated all 3 of the Berber armies on the final El Cid campaign and twice in a row the final enemy doesn't show as defeated...to be clear there are zero other units or buildings on the map except my own yet for some reason victory doesn't occur.

    Tried defeating in diff orders to no avail, one time it was the Black Guard Navy, one time it was Yusuf. Is this a known bug...am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/walla-bing-bang
    [link] [comments]

    Is Lidakor gone to FB? Or not casting?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 10:46 AM PST

    Hey,

    Saw Lidakor hasn't been casting lately - is he taking a break for now or has he gone to FB or something?

    submitted by /u/Disastrous_Gap_4711
    [link] [comments]

    New Civ & Map Win/Play Rate Stats Dashboard

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 09:53 AM PST

    Would Arabia Be Way Better If Your Res Didn’t Spawn Directly On Hills?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 05:01 PM PST

    I've not been a fan of the new kotd style arabia and I couldn't really put my finger on why. I like unwallable maps like land madness and old arabia was probably too wallable (playing runestones makes me remember how many arabia games used to be drush fc fests) but I never really enjoy this new arabia. I think it's simply that small walling around resources is such a pain in the ass.

    Would reducing the amount of hills around your tc or simply making it so you've got at least one gold, stone, wood line and berries on flat ground be all it needs to be the perfect version of arabia?

    submitted by /u/zacktalsma
    [link] [comments]

    Very useful Rhino placement!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 08:07 PM PST

    I made a UI mod. What do you think?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 07:07 AM PST

    Lack of Diplo games

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 07:45 PM PST

    Why are there so few diplo games? On HD there were diplo games all the time. I havent see one in days now and whenever I host one it never fills fast enough for players to stay. Love diplo wish people played them more

    submitted by /u/Remarkable-Ad1798
    [link] [comments]

    Now that it has been out for a while, What are your opinions on the queue-dodging timeout added last year?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 09:15 PM PST

    I am aware that this has been discussed before, however I have not seen much recent conversation on it and I am curious on the opinions now that this has been out for some time.

    I am curious if the majority of people like or dislike the queue dodging timeout implemented in the game? Personally, i feel it has many shortcomings and in many cases actually hurts more people than it helps by wastes more of their time through delaying quality games for the following reasons:

    1. People who conventionally would have just quit the queue now often start the game and wait until 3 or 5 minutes, and then quit the game to avoid a timeout. I play about 10 games a week, and I see this probably 3 times or so each week. Ultimately, I rather have a longer queue and not start a game just to waste time getting started in dark age just to have the game end 5 minutes in because someone isn't interested in this map.

    2. If someone alt+f4 the queue, the game still can't start, and so everyone needs to requeue anyway, except their is one less person for the next several minutes elligible to join a queue. I do not know the statistics here, but I could see an argument both for and against this for decreasing queue times and producing quality games.

    My thoughts are that people are just going to quit the game anyway if they don't want to play a map, and since the introduction of this queue dodging timeout I have experienced less frequent quality games per week.

    Full disclaimer, I will 100% Queue Dodge if I don't wanna play a map, And I probably quit a game once a week if I get a map I don't want. Prior to this feature being introduced to the game I experienced a greater number of people people leaving the queue before a game could start however I never felt like it was a significant issue and I would feel bad making someone play a map they don't want to play. For me, if I have only 45 minutes everyday to play the game, I hope I get a map I want, Because if I get a map I don't want there's no reason that I should sit there should sit there for 45 minutes playing a game I'm not interested in. If I get timed out for qdodging then I guess I'm just not playing that day. I rather leave and go contribute in a positive way to a different game in a map I enjoy.

    Anyway just my thoughts, curious if the odd man out here or where other people stand.

    submitted by /u/iced_chail
    [link] [comments]

    How to play when you’re behind

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 09:32 AM PST

    I suck at shifting strategy when my opponent is ahead so that I can make a comeback. I've looked for videos on this, but its the one thing I can't find on youtube about aoe. How do you play to catch back up?

    submitted by /u/Col_Sandy_Fries_6
    [link] [comments]

    The Vlachs - a brand new civilisation concept!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2022 08:22 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment